Weight Loss

Yep, half an hour each way. I used to spend upto an hour driving each way in previous jobs. This is much better :)

That's about half an hour each direction on his walk to work. I've spent at least that much time sitting in traffic on the way home.... if you've got some music to listen to I'm sure it goes by quite fast.

Just think how fit you'd be if you'd been walking instead of taxiing all these years :lol::eek:

Yeah. I walk 4 miles round trip to work and back 4 times a week and 6 miles round trip to Oxford and back Twice a week = best weight loss ever.

Now imagine how much fitter you would be/more calories you would burn if you ran that same distance...

No doubt walking is a great form of exercise, especially for people starting out, but to say that its better for losing weight than running isn't true.

J

Now imagine how much fitter you would be/more calories you would burn if you ran that same distance...

No doubt walking is a great form of exercise, especially for people starting out, but to say that its better for losing weight than running isn't true.

J

I've heard it is true. when walking briskly you're in the fat burning zone so to speak but when running you're working that much harder and in the muscle building zone.

In the Spring summer i was running A LOT, upto 12 miles three times a week. I got a lot fitter but didn't really lose weight. When i started walking to work and cutting back the running as it got cold (yes am a wuss) the weight started falling off.

Just think how fit you'd be if you'd been walking instead of taxiing all these years :lol::eek:
I live a little over 3 miles from work, but the walk has obstacles including a bridge, crossing Red Sq (which gets closed on occasion), going through a couple of pedestrian underpasses... it takes about 50 minutes each way... time which I don't really have.

Plus it's damn cold in winter :lol:
I do walk home in summer sometimes.

I live a little over 3 miles from work, but the walk has obstacles including a bridge, crossing Red Sq (which gets closed on occasion), going through a couple of pedestrian underpasses... it takes about 50 minutes each way... time which I don't really have.

Plus it's damn cold in winter :lol:
I do walk home in summer sometimes.

just take the car !! did it arrive BTW ?? What do you think ??

I've heard it is true. when walking briskly you're in the fat burning zone so to speak but when running you're working that much harder and in the muscle building zone.

In the Spring summer i was running A LOT, upto 12 miles three times a week. I got a lot fitter but didn't really lose weight. When i started walking to work and cutting back the running as it got cold (yes am a wuss) the weight started falling off.

Haha, I know you mean... I don't run in the cold either.

Mybe you should look into interval training if you get fed of from walking or just for a change. Run as hard as you can for 1 minute and the jog/brisk walk for 2 and then repeat the cycle.

I droped my body fat by 4% in 6 weeks doing this... I swear by it.

J

Yeah I do Tabata training a lot in the gym and when running if i remember. Definitely a good hard workout.

Back