Weekendo plans?

Emma_1983

So what is everyone up to?

I am quite excited as have a hen do in Brighton this weekend, we are staying at The Hilton - looks nice on the beachfront - then doing the typically tacky hen do role of dressing up (matching vests then a tutu and butterfly wings!) and hitting the Adonis club which involves male strippers and drag queens LOVE IT :lol:

Last weekend really took its toll tbh. :confused:

WHYYY has no one mentioned Lovebox??? It was sooo brilliant this year. :eek:

Also finally made it to Pulse last Sat and loved it. Fantastic space - a real mould ridden sweatbox. Perfect for an "alternative" styley night like the one I was at. :oops:

This weekend is anyone's guess.

Needing a few zen weeks before Bestival - also have a mountain retreat in a couple of weeks to keep me out of trouble.

Last weekend really took its toll tbh. :confused:

WHYYY has no one mentioned Lovebox??? It was sooo brilliant this year. :eek:

Also finally made it to Pulse last Sat and loved it. Fantastic space - a real mould ridden sweatbox. Perfect for an "alternative" styley night like the one I was at. :oops:

This weekend is anyone's guess.

Needing a few zen weeks before Bestival - also have a mountain retreat in a couple of weeks to keep me out of trouble.

I specifically namechecked when asking for Lovebox reviews on the 'Festivals' thread!

This weekend, I'm on the p1ss with some teacher friends. True fact!:lol:

I specifically namechecked when asking for Lovebox reviews on the 'Festivals' thread!

This weekend, I'm on the p1ss with some teacher friends. True fact!:lol:

Well I use the term 'Lovebox' loosely.

Aside from Beth Ditto who put on a phenomenal show, I spent the entire duration in the NYC Downlow.

(loads of homo-covers like Madonna's Vogue and lots of bra/pants action and falling off the stage, crowd surfing, wading through the audience etc)

As for the Downlow - bloody amazing. All the usual trashbags, flash-flooding, screaming, great disco scenes and suchlike. You know the drill... ;)

So sad that place is over for another year...literally counting down the days till next time's outing.

That was possibly Blondie.

Take it from me, Beth was aMaze. ;)

Rumour has it she joined the Scissors on stage too and a few of my friends met her in Dalston Superstore afterwards - sadly I was at Horsemeat so missed out on that one.

Off to York for a day on the booze with work.

After last weekend in Ibiza i could have done with some down time, but hey, man up and get on it!

well I am WFH tomorrow and off for a staff night out at The Cluny tomorrow with the following week off so its fair to say that I will be having a lot of lie ins, down time and just doing what ever the weather lets me do....

I have no plans which is quite often the best way to be 8)

after a week from hell at work, i'm off for a spanish road trip, starting with Monegros festival, particularly looking forward to the El Row stage, Hawtin, Technasia, Loco Dice, Paul Kalkbrenner, Lawler and of course finishing with Digweed and Cox (in different arenas annoyingly)

30 degrees apparently.. bit warmer than here 8)

Newcastle for the weekend :D

Its gona end up messy im sure :lol:

Well at least the rain has stopped for you Vic - its finally dry and a heady 17 dgs :rolleyes: - be sure to pack for every eventuality as the NE has its own little micro climate that will piss you off every 2 hrs or so when it changes again...:spank:

Just got clear of a bunch of work and looks like still time for a night out. Going to head into the big smoke and check out a new venue for underground and emerging stuff in Dalston near Shoreditch - The Nest. "Go Deeper" looks interesting tonight and Plump DJs playing on 29th ...:idea: can't be all bad and shd make it there by 1 if I get my skates on !!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?265198

http://ilovethenest.com/

What tomorrow brings we shall see :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back