Weekend Rundowns

Saturday - popped into Deadmau5 in Viccy Park having won a ticket. It was a real 'getting older' reality check as this is what I must've looked/behaved like in my teenage raver years. No branding opportunities were missed, most people had neon rabbit ears on. :lol:
The dubstep tent was dire - nice noisy sounds sewn together with preditable bad bwoy samples - cringeworthy at best.
A few fights, lots of bloodshed, a few lightweights on stretchers enjoying the facade. Annoying screaming girls in fluffy boots - just an absolute horror show.
An interesting experiment but the worst festival crowd I've ever seen. The only saving grace was some of the hot chavs on show. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was there :oops::oops: i didnt think it was too bad but i went with a good group of friends. I thought Mode were pretty good. Live dubstep is a bit strange but good, also enjoyed DJ Hype. Calvin Harris was a bit cheesy and kept going on the mic saying i am Calvin Harris ( done this several times). The Que for drinks was massive. The Deadmau5 setup lighting Cube etc was impressive however ive seen it a few times before and this was no diffrent to the previous times ive seen him.

Really enjoyed the day although it felt like a 5 mile walk to mile end station after !!

Highlight of the day had to be though when one of my mates was running for a cab to take us there from Victoria station when he fell over in front of what felt like pretty much the whole of London ! :)

BTW Robder you didnt see this Idiot did you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vppMIFcz8gU&sns=fb

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Robder you didnt see this Idiot did you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vppMIFcz8gU&sns=fb

Yeah saw that.

Tried to get a good view of the aftermath and would appreciate any insights into the following:

* Why didn't he get marched out by a waiting team of security? (I was stood in the only recognisable path towards the entrance.)

* I noticed how he fell, hitting his hands on the speakers before falling backwards. On close inspection of the area, there was lots of scaffolding and speaker equipment on the floor. There's no way he could've had a comfortable landing.
So...did he get away with mild bruising and wake the following day in acute pain, or was he immediately carted off in an ambulance with spinal injuries?

Need to know. :lol:

I went to LED too, on the cheap because a mate of mine had a spare ticket.

It was ok, didnt enjoy all the grime / dubstep or whatever it was between 4 and 7 or so on the mainstage. Wasn't impressed with Zane Lowe.

Thought Calvin Harris and Deadmouse were predictable but decent enough. The sound was definitely louder than at SW4 though.

Headed to Egg after for Layo & Bushwacka, amazing music, not even sure if I saw them as it was getting to that time of night :oops: but the music in the room on the right as you go in through the garden (main room?) was outstanding. Good crowd too, much better than I remember at Egg.

Fri nada

Sat Started celebrating another year on the earth with large amounts of cognac

Sun awoke still drunk and carried on skipped the hangover feel good today

Yeah saw that.

Tried to get a good view of the aftermath and would appreciate any insights into the following:

* Why didn't he get marched out by a waiting team of security? (I was stood in the only recognisable path towards the entrance.)

* I noticed how he fell, hitting his hands on the speakers before falling backwards. On close inspection of the area, there was lots of scaffolding and speaker equipment on the floor. There's no way he could've had a comfortable landing.
So...did he get away with mild bruising and wake the following day in acute pain, or was he immediately carted off in an ambulance with spinal injuries?

Need to know. :lol:

He did! someone who was there sent me a link to this video... you can see security taking him away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogeI6-gkf5s

Thursday.... A Princess's birthday party at Amnesia. Free bar = hangover next day.

Friday ... After a shakey start. Went house hunting, found one. Went to Aura, then to a new bar in Botofoch called Bubbles. Not bad.

Saturday... Went to Salinas. Night time Amnesia opening, it was as mad as ever....I lasted until 10am when surrounded ( it went on until 4pm!) Then decided I wanted too wind down, so walked from Amnesia to Jesus.... 2 hours.

Sunday.. Woke up at 5pm. Went to Ushaiia, then Sands, then We Love opening at Space. Then Es Vive.

Did you say FREE bar at Amnesia??

Thursday.... A Princess's birthday party at Amnesia. Free bar = hangover next day.

Friday ... After a shakey start. Went house hunting, found one. Went to Aura, then to a new bar in Botofoch called Bubbles. Not bad.

Saturday... Went to Salinas. Night time Amnesia opening, it was as mad as ever....I lasted until 10am when surrounded ( it went on until 4pm!) Then decided I wanted too wind down, so walked from Amnesia to Jesus.... 2 hours.

Sunday.. Woke up at 5pm. Went to Ushaiia, then Sands, then We Love opening at Space. Then Es Vive.

it went on until 4 pm? Guess they aren't so strict with closing times this year??

Good 3-day weekend out this way. Went mostly as planned

Fri - Great art exhibit opening followed by tasty Uzbek dinner, then a bday party

Sat - Long leg-crippling bike ride. Then met some mates at Strelka bar, followed by a dangerously packed Rolling Stone bar then club Arma17 for DC10 residents Cassy, Dyed Sondorom, et.al.

Sun - Italian dinner party, then Garage nightclub's 13th birthday party

Mon - Watched latest eps of The Killing and Game of Thrones, then attended Sting's Symphonicity concert, followed by post-show drinks.

Rockness for me over the weekend, cant be bothered with a full summary but I am sun burnt and Derrick Carter was amazing closing the afterburner on sunday night! In work today feeling pretty bad so early bed tonight :(

Aha - thanks for that! Both questions answered. :lol:

Not sure I share everyone's view that he's a "fukin legend" tho. :rolleyes:

Oh I dunno.... it made me laugh :lol:

The 18 year old me would have LOVED this festival (mind you the 28 year old me quite likes it too :twisted:)

Back