Weekend Rundowns

Hello :lol:

Veryveryvery long time no post. How is everyone? How has everyone's summer been? How much is a bottle of water in Space this year :lol: What time do the clubs shut :lol:

Saturday - dusted off my dancing shoes for SW4. Met everyone in the pub at 11am and got our queue watcher to text with the queue situation - 12.02pm on the dot, we're texted that the gates are open and the queue is moving. Finished our drinks, no queue to get in, got drinks and in the GU tent by 12.20pm - finally after 5 years SW4 have got themselves organised :D SW4 was as fab as ever, fantastic company, good music and lots of fun and minxiness. Back to ours for aftershow antics.

Sunday - headed to The Canal Party at the Grand Junction Arms - a fantastic proper boozer right on the canal with a brill beer garden. Thought we'd pop in for a couple of hours on Sunday evening for a few beers but ended up dancing in the garden to quality house until 3am. Aftershow antics back at the Grays.

Monday - didn't wake up until 4pm, veggie feast, bottle of red wine and a DVD.

generally quiet one, this end - Sat - bbq in the bucks countryside (friends, couples, babies - feel the rave...) Then a bit of a knees-up at the horse & groom afterwards - black science orchestra - new jersey deep and babe ruth - the mexican sounding pretty damn fine. A relaxed sunday followed in greenwich, crate digging, followed by an evening with some buddies at a house in Balham (actual owner was in LA for wedding anniv - entrusted house in absence to mate so he could dog-sit... HOWEVER he somehow managed to activate the fire alarm and incur a fire brigade call-out charge to turn it off and the wrath of the neighbours... Oops..) so yes, hours and hours, pretty static on settee watching sleazy phone-in shows, football transfer updates and an endless stream of Nigerian god channels with the much-needed assistance of quite a lot of cannabis.. - pretty much till dawn (I think). Today - much-needed day off, returned home to find big powercut had knocked out half the estate, so I shrugged and read the papers. Tmrw - back to the motherland [Barcelona] for a week. Over and Out.

Friday - quiet one indoors with wabbit, few games of Elefun.

Saturday - SW4 where it was a pleasure to see/meet everyone. Not going to list names in case I forget someone! Knight was quality as was Danny Howells. Don't remmeber much else. Had a few drinks after round Clapham before descending back to the Pleasuredome to continue till silly o'clock.

Sunday - BBQ for most of day which was nice. However I have learnt something, not to let the missus get my fod for me! Asked me if wanted some grub and came back with a burnt sausage, potato salad, 2 tomatoes and funkin lettuce!!! Thanks very much! I look like I need lettuce when there is a pile of burgers and everything else there! Jesus! After that all headed home and can't remember what after that. Oh yeah we watched Meet Dave and Dusk Till Dawn.

Monday - shopping for stuff for my little boy who starts school Thursday. Went to some ice cream parlour. Bought some vanish. Took kids to the park. Watched Igor later and some stuff of the military or history channel.

As per Mambobirdette, apart from

Friday: MOS

Saturday: 7 hours of tune spinnage at a quality afters session at the Spacemonkster's

Finally!!! braincells have been located and what I couldnt put into words yesterday is that meeting up with Barbie, Erin et al, chewie, spacemonkey and friends, Philly, MWG and Mrs MWG, small jinx, Mambs and Lil Joey was a complete pleasure - you all made for a brilliant day in London, its the only time I come to London where everyone is sooooooooo amazingly friendly and amazing fun!!!

Cant wait for next year but my God - have I suffered this year. The train journey back was horrific - especially being told off by some miserable old bint on the train for having my iPod on too loud and annoying her and spoiling her train journey home!!! :spank:

Love to you all 8)

Hi a bit of a lurker here, tend to check the party calendar but not the forums. Missed out on SW4 as I had to work, booo! Very jealous of all who went as I had a blinder last year. :)
Spent the Friday night in Notting Hill having a few bevvies, lots of gorgeous ladies everywhere, the Friday of a bank holiday who could ask for more...
Saturday finished work and headed down to Clapham, spent the first hours in convivial pleasant conversation before descending into a rampant alcohol fuelled bender. Which brings me to this post.
IF I somehow ended up at your gaffe in Balham/Clapham and left at about 4am to get more cigarettes and vodka, then didn't return.... I apologise. Approximately 3 minutes after leaving your house I fell in a bush and lost all sense of direction. I then wandered around for approximately 30 minutes looking for "slightly ajar blue doors" before having a wee mostly on my leg and catching a cab back home.
:spank:
If that was your house, sorry! Also can I have my sunnies back?
Cheers!

Friday - Went to bed early ;)

Saturday - Got up early to catch the boat to Ibiza for a good friends Stag. Started drinking on the boat at 8 am, so by the time we arrived at 11 am we were pleasantly wee oiled.

Checked into Playa Real in Talamanca, met up with Lads then got on it again. Headed to Delano in PDB for some Lunch, and so some of the lads could watch the footy. Carried on 'on' it, headed to Bora Bora about 6 pm which was crap. So headed back to the hotel to try to freshen up. Hairdresser came to the hotel for sshort back and sides, freshened up fine :lol:

Then we headed to Sa Puntas Panorama bar for Aperatif's, very nice place. Followed by a lovely meal at Sa Punta. As we were on the Guest list for Defected @ Pacha, we had to be there before 1.30 am, got in and it was already pleasantly busy. Had a great night, met up with El Grego briefly, then spent the night in the Funky room which was fantastic. And ended up talking drunkedly to Shovell the percussionist for half an hour having a mutual mate he invited us to a villa party, on the monday :rolleyes: the day we go :rolleyes: Left about 6.45am as it was getting light :eek:

Carried on for a bit at the hotel finally finishing at 11am :spank:

Sunday - After finally getting up we headed for some nice lobster paella at el Barco, and a few shandies. Then we got ready and headed to Space. Again as we were on the Guest list we were told to be there for before 6 pm :rolleyes: But as it happened it was already nicely busy, not packed like, but quite a few happy sods dancing about. The firste Dj's were wquited good, Alex Taylor, Jason Bye followed by Alfredo and another percussionist. Some nice Balearic tunes were played, as was the popular 'Jazz house' (as i call it) hits of the summer.

Then Funkagenda came on and blew the roof of the place, really tore it up. I havent seen it like that for years, it was a real nice suprise as I didnt expect it. Everyone, and I mean everyone was loving it. Amazing 8)

Ended up on the terrace for whom I think was Layo and someone else, but TBH it was good, but a bit of an anticlimax after Funkagenda. Saw El Grego again, again for all of 2 minutes :lol: We headed home at 5.30am, didnt sleep to well, the tinitus was driving me mad ;) Then had to head to the ferry for 10 am :eek: Which was fookin horrendous sitting in the heat waiting as it was delayed. Then the journey itself was even worse, kids running around everywhere.

But it was worth it though, we had a great couple of days. Cant wait to go back in a few weeks 8)

Friday - final stag do for mate's wedding this weekend coming. Ended up in Shimla Pinks in Manchester. Good curry.

Saturday, bit of sesh preceeded by a full body massage at the gym (lush). Pubs in Manchester then back to mates for afters. Played blow up connect 4. Very funny.

Did not sleep a wink & then out to Alderley Edge to the Wizard for roast, fantastic. Nice drive through prestbury etc spotting footballers houses.

Monday = IKEA & wedding planning

Back