Weekend Rundowns?

Emma_1983

Having a quietish day at work today :confused:

How was everybodys weekends?

I had a busy one - not quite what I wanted after it being my first week back at work but never mind........

Saturday had some errands to do and then round to best mates new pad for a nose round, lost track of time so rushed home, had dinner then back out to work mates engagement party at a pub near me........weird seeing work people in my local area :eek:

Sunday went to Old Macdonalds farm for BF niece 3rd bday, was quite a nice day in the end.........there is only so much watching kids play you can do though so we got a bit bored towards the end, sure that will be different if it was our own children :lol:, then back to mine for takeaway with all my family and family friends. Very manic!

Feel back to reality now :confused:

Well, not to brag but...

Thursday - Flew from Montenegro to Belgrade, got taxi to Novi Sad

Thurs - Sunday - Heard lots of great music (live and DJ). Drank 5 times my body weight in Tuborg beer. :D :lol: 8)

Monday - Flew back to Moscow :confused:

Exit Festival highlights for me (in mostly chronological order) - Lily Allen, Sasha v Digweed, Manic Street Preachers, Korn (both these 2 far better than expected, thus pleasantly surprising), Patti Smith (unfortunately missed half her performance), Kraftwerk, Moby, Etienne de Crecy, Buzzcocks. Saw plenty more but these were the ones that made an impression.

Oh, and the highlight: Spotlight's own Dan X tearing up the MyExit stage :D 8)

How did Dan Get on John?
Well, they gave him sh1te equipment so he had a couple of mixing slip-ups entirely not of his own making. Song selection was ace. 8) Crowd was thin as he was on the edge of the fortress (up near the clock tower).

DSC06085.JPG

Still, pretty cool, eh?! Dan played Exit! :D

That is really cool. Good for Dan. He is joining us this weekend to do a 60 mile sponsored bike ride around london - so it will give him plenty of time to give us a blow by blow account of his amazing set! :)

Crap weekend here, only day off was sunday so had a lay-in then flew some of my rc planes. Then went on a date with some bird off a dating site who was very pretty but had a fat arse. haha

the highlight of my weekend was when a vagrant boarded the 149 bendy bus with a loose rottweiler, which then sat ON the seat next to him...

In the stampede to leave the bus, which followed, I sadly didn't get a chance to see what state it was left in...

Well, they gave him sh1te equipment so he had a couple of mixing slip-ups entirely not of his own making. Song selection was ace. 8) Crowd was thin as he was on the edge of the fortress (up near the clock tower).

DSC06085.JPG

The old Bad Equipment syndrome eh? ;)

Excellent Well done that man

DSC06085.JPG

What is his DJ name/tag/ whatever i'm meant to call it?

Mine was a mixed weekend of wholesome family duties and dinner on Friday evening, then spent Saturday day time with the folks before they went to pack for their flight home first thing on Sunday morning.

Sat evening; friends party in town in a cool bar - which was lovely and was kind of expecting to go home around midnight. Called Chewie and his lovely lady SpaceMonkey and met them at the party. Then found out that the plan was to leave the party and go to the last every Shindig at Digital which was the ressies over the past 18 years playing their goodbyes - soooo glad we went - had an absolute ball - brilliant company, cracking tunes, excellent night - best in a long long time.

Stayed til the bitter end and then got drenched in a downpour waiting for a taxi. Decided to carry on a little back home and finally fell asleep very early doors.

When I got up I looked worryingly like Jackie Stallone and my hearing was a la Frankie Wilde from Its All Gone Pete Tong .....:eek:

...........that'll teach me to dance in front of the Funktion speakers all night.... :lol:

Just about back to normal yesterday.....:lol::lol::lol:

Went to Oxegen festival, lashed rain all weekend..had a hotel, so was not too bad..
Felix the housecat and Miss Kitten/Hacker played a wicked sets, probably the highlight of the weekend....Other than that, just took shelter for the weekend...

...........that'll teach me to dance in front of the Funktion speakers all night.... :lol:

i thought they could have cranked it up a couple of notches... maybe its cos im deaf!

anyways, had a great time up north (even though Puffinless), tis a very beautiful part of the country. SEE BELOW.

5771_214605475275_643515275_7748150_514940_n.jpg

5771_214605485275_643515275_7748152_1551395_n.jpg

5771_214605495275_643515275_7748153_2827916_n.jpg

5771_214605440275_643515275_7748145_395875_n.jpg

8)

Ace weekend to finish off a Glastonbury/Croatia Garden Party/Exit Festival Triathlon. :D:eek::eek::eek:

In fairness by the time I got to Exit I'd had a touch too much fun the preceeding 2 weekends to produce a raving performance worthy of prior years though we still had lots of fun on the Main stages.

Everyone we saw didn't disappoint, Kraftwerk even surpassed their "OMFG I'M WATCHING KRAFTWERK"-ness of it all. Arctic Monkeys, Patti Smith, And even the bit parts of all the other bands made for a proper enjoyable weekend. Even Moby pulled it right out of the bag and by the 3rd track he proclaimed how happy he was to share a stage with Kraftwerk and Patti Smith, and dedicated the next track to David Lynch ;)...

The DJ thing was a nice little finale to a grand weekend of it all. I got the email about winning a slot in the competition shortly after I left for Croatia (i.e. I had no music on me) so I was preparing myself to sadly let it go, tho found an internet cafe that also burnt cd's, so grabbed a few off my mp3 player and went along armed with half a dozen or so filled with my finest ;). It was really nothing major tho always nice to be picked on artistic merit (it was an 'enter your mix' type affair). I came on after some fella playing Insomnia bootlegs at 134 off his laptop and in fairness the delicacy of the 'proper' house I had on me missed the pump-pump-pump-boom-boom-boom of the euro-techno the locals were used to, though a few of them were happy to get a 90 minute or so education, even if most if it was played at +8 (with no tempo pitch lock either so everything was a chipmunk remix!). Saw thousands of things wrong with the cdj's but even my worst critic will apprciate that not even I can stop a track dead (to silence!) if I'm a foot away from the decks! :oops: Thanks to John for his support ;)

Finished off in a lovely ornate thermol Spa bath complex in Budapest yesterday (sh1t, it was actually yesterday!) to sort myself out and bring me back down to earth. Proper way to end a clubbing holiday IMO.8)8)

(I assume I missed the chance to bang on about the Garden Festival, but that is SERIOUSLY good! I mean I don't think I've been in a raving environment more suited to me since I was a 20 year old at Bora Bora listening to funky house :D:D:D. Crowd, music, setting all so perfect.)

went oop north with the other half all last week in search of puffins and wildlife failed miserably
back to civilisation on sat night met pups and friends in toon
got wrecked, danced, fell over then decided maybe time to leave :oops::oops::D
slept all afternoon at newcastle airport

great by all accounts woo :D:D:D:D x10

Spent ^%$^^%loads of money as I'm obviously desperate for something to wear in Ibiza. The two closets I have are bulging with clothes but apparently I needed some new ones *sigh*. Ding Dong- when will I learn (or win the lottery)?

messy_closet.jpg

Back