Weekend Rundowns

agentundercover

Very chilled. Anna off to Africa for a few weeks shortly so getting some coupletime in now before it's me, the PS3 & a bottle of cognac.

Friday cooked at home. Saturday mountain biking in Wrexham, did the family trail by mistake :oops: (thought it was quick). Few pints & dinner at my mates.

Yesterday trip to Dunnam Massey (statley home/park with deers), sunday papers & a roast with a couple of friends.

This morning, did some sums and realised Ibiza could happen........trying to find a partner in crime is the difficult bit!

friday: cooked disastrous meal tasted vile
sat: afternoon pimms down the pub followed by a chinese takeout to compensate for previous days poor showing
sun: more pimms in the garden with bbq
mon: off work food with food poisoning

Friday : Down the local for beers
Saturday : Football game local pub over 30's vs local under 30's under 30's won 2-1 8)
Sunday : Chilled by the pool with couple of San Miguels

Mine was ace

Took friday off work and had breakfast in the garden, then we set off on our mystery road trip for our Wedding Anniversary we had checked the weather forecast, and lo and behold sunny all down the east coast.

2 hrs later - in Whitby, went for a coffee and looked through the B&B leaflets - so we chose the best "proper" B&B we could - chintz heaven - Barbie white and gilt furniture, en suite with full english fry up next day. Brilliant.!!

Dumped bags and did the whole of Whitby in 4/5 hrs (its not as big a place as you might think :lol:)

Visited the Abbey and checked out the Goths following in the footsteps of Dracula's coffin to the Abbey from the headlands, walked over the moors, ate tea and cakes in the sunshine, checked out the marine and Goth based tack shops and found lots of marine type pubs so it would have been rude not to visit a few of them during out walkabout. We did of course indulge in the best freshly caught fish with chips n mushy peas, before more walking to get back to the B&B. .... I am sure our walking would have taken less time if it wasnt for the amount of chills we had taken out with us:lol::oops:

Back out again at 9 for a few drinks but to be honest we were knackered so we went back to chintzland after 2 drinks.... :oops::oops::oops:

Sat: Full English with lashings of tea (the best made tea ever - 3 t bags in a small pot of boiling water.. :eek: Yorkshire Tea LoL.

Another gorgeous day so we set off to Robin Hood's Bay for beach based activities.... what a gorgeous little village and a stunning beach - we spent about 3 hrs searching for fossils (the beach is reknowned for them) so lots of rock smashing later - we came home with 2 ammonite fossils which we found in the rocks.... I swear I havent had so much fun on a beach since I was about 7 years old :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: More food and drink and a leisure drive home for a rest....

Sun: Back to reality and gardening.....

We had a fantastic weekend in Chintzland and loved our time together (neither of us switched on our mobile's for the duration which was just fantastic.....) best weekend in ages and a lovely way to spend our anniversary....

Cost wise for lots of food, drink, diesel and 2 days of chillin - same cost as a mad night out on the town clubbing..... 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Liver-busting fun.

Thursday - Pet Shop Boys concert -> dinner & drinks at Clumba -> checked out a new club Starz which opened in the historic confines of the former Club XIII (very empty...sad, really) -> Club Solyanka's 2nd birthday party (rammed!) -> home for 2 hours sleep before...

Friday - Flew to St Petersburg. Rested up in the afternoon before doing a short walkabout and getting some food. Attended the Sensation White party w/ Tocadisco (disappointing), Fedde Le Grande (so so), and Sander van Doorn (better than I expected). A decent party but it just reminded me that I'm not a huge fan of parties in sports arenas. Back to hotel for a couple hours sleep before...

Saturday - Flew back to Moscow. Rested up in the afternoon before meeting friends for a Chinese dinner. Popped over to the rooftop terrace at Soho Rooms for drinks. Then went to Arma for Toolroom Knights with Mark Knight and Funkagenda. :D Mark was good as always but paled in comparison to a killer set by Funkagenda :D Grabbed some Chinese for an ill-advised breakfast on the way home.

Sunday - Was dragged out of bed by missus to go have brunch on a riverboat. Returned home afterwards and took up residence in bed with my laptop. Watched Wolverine and last week's Daily Shows and Colbert Reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was ace

Took friday off work and had breakfast in the garden, then we set off on our mystery road trip for our Wedding Anniversary we had checked the weather forecast, and lo and behold sunny all down the east coast.

2 hrs later - in Whitby, went for a coffee and looked through the B&B leaflets - so we chose the best "proper" B&B we could - chintz heaven - Barbie white and gilt furniture, en suite with full english fry up next day. Brilliant.!!

Dumped bags and did the whole of Whitby in 4/5 hrs (its not as big a place as you might think :lol:)

Visited the Abbey and checked out the Goths following in the footsteps of Dracula's coffin to the Abbey from the headlands, walked over the moors, ate tea and cakes in the sunshine, checked out the marine and Goth based tack shops and found lots of marine type pubs so it would have been rude not to visit a few of them during out walkabout. We did of course indulge in the best freshly caught fish with chips n mushy peas, before more walking to get back to the B&B. .... I am sure our walking would have taken less time if it wasnt for the amount of chills we had taken out with us:lol::oops:

Back out again at 9 for a few drinks but to be honest we were knackered so we went back to chintzland after 2 drinks.... :oops::oops::oops:

Sat: Full English with lashings of tea (the best made tea ever - 3 t bags in a small pot of boiling water.. :eek: Yorkshire Tea LoL.

Another gorgeous day so we set off to Robin Hood's Bay for beach based activities.... what a gorgeous little village and a stunning beach - we spent about 3 hrs searching for fossils (the beach is reknowned for them) so lots of rock smashing later - we came home with 2 ammonite fossils which we found in the rocks.... I swear I havent had so much fun on a beach since I was about 7 years old :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: More food and drink and a leisure drive home for a rest....

Sun: Back to reality and gardening.....

We had a fantastic weekend in Chintzland and loved our time together (neither of us switched on our mobile's for the duration which was just fantastic.....) best weekend in ages and a lovely way to spend our anniversary....

Cost wise for lots of food, drink, diesel and 2 days of chillin - same cost as a mad night out on the town clubbing..... 8)

WOW sounds lovely! Will there be pics on FB!? :lol:

Friday - lazy night in, watched Zoolander and more Peep Show - working our way through the box set :lol:

Saturday - last holiday errands, including more shopping for both of us and getting our holiday money :lol:, BBQ round mine with the folks in the evening

Sunday - weather was gorge so went for a 2 hour bike ride :eek:, stopped off at a country pub in a little area near us called Paglesham, my folks love it there so met them there for lunch and then an hour ride home. BBQ round bfs mums friends, very very tired by the end of it all.

Mexico Saturday 8)

Probably, as I dont think the masses on Spotlight will be ready for such bland activities photowise.... LoL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

have we had this conversation already?

Whitby ace = amazing fish and chips! we went to drenchers.

I want to buy the museum at robin hood bay and turn into my house!

Back