Weekend Rundowns?

Emma_1983

How was everybodys?

Mine was quite nice, felt like I had a good 2 days off. Friday night cooked as free house, watched Captain Corellis Mandolin on TV (always wanted to see it but never seen it in one whole sitting). Still makes me want to go Kefalonia.

Saturday bits and bobs at home, afternoon/evening out with our friends, lots of wine, ending up with us ordering Dominos twice (or "Dolmios" as my friend put it) and them still getting the order wrong :spank: :lol:

Sunday, took ourselves to Bluewater, have to admit to being a bit of a geek here and going to see Coraline 3D (yes its a kids film :oops:), had a bite to eat in Eds Diner first 8)

Good weekend!

Thurs - Hooked up with Morbs and Philly for a couple of beers. Always a pleasure.

Friday - shot off down to me old dears for the weekend after work. Missus and kids already down there sunning themselves in the garden. Chilled for the evening and took advantage of me muddas fully stocked fridge and larder!!

Saturday - christening duties again. This time godfather. Nice day, quite civilised compared to my little girl's weekend before. Kids ran riot with other kids so they were happy. Evening just had a big ruby, few cobras (always taste better actually in the curry house rather than at home), watched usual Saturday night sh1te. Went to bed.

Sunday - went to watch mate's football team play, took my little girl with us who cried her eyes out when she got the ball but had to give it back!! Silly sausage. Went for a long country ramble with the kids and missus, through some fields, entered up at some model railway do with loads of oddballs there and so helped ourselves to the buffet and buggered off thinking what the hell was that about. May go again next time but only under the influence to highten the pleasure. Had a water fight in the garden with the kids, mother's roast, home and then mooched about indoors trying to contain my excitement about work the next morning. Whooppee.

Fri: took a half day as hadnt slept properly all week due to Phil being in Liverpool and me being home alone (but without the burglers and the thrills and spills) Chilled on the sofa then finally slept for the first time properly in 4 days - 10 1/2 hrs sleep - absolute bliss - felt fresh as a daisy on Saturday!

Sat: caught up with a few pals who decided that going out clubbing wasnt on their agenda that night - gutted - but then found out that the club was less that half full and was kinda glad I hadnt gone..... sad state of affairs for dance music in Newcastle......

Sun: cooked all day - waiting for my man to come back home..... 8)

I am now a happy puppy and content...8)8)

Spent the weekend camping in Haywards Heath.

Had a fantastic time and am now selling my flat to buy lots of camping gubbins.

Very interesting!
Friday, went to see the Specials at Brixton Acadamy, plenty of familiar faces in the vip lounge, Billy Bragg (wouldn't have recognised him, totally grey hair) Phil Jupitus, Tim Lovejoy....
Have to say 1 of the best concerts i've ever been too, absolutely rocked. Great vibe, so much energy, forgotten how good the venue was, musically superb, left the place absolutely soaked, having had a blast!
That was after having to see Calvin Harris earlier in the week, which again really suprised me! Was expecting it to be very poppy & commercial! Absolutely not, propper went off & rocked, he's a serious front man, pretty talented too! Musically its very evident where his influences come from, really enjoyed it! Great night!

Rest of the weekend, took some sun, ate good food!

Friday Night: Drafted my will.

Saturday (Morn-Eve): Got up at 05:00 to get ready for my first ever skydive. I had never done any form of skydive (tandem or accelerated freefall) in my life, and I do not know how I decided to go for it, but I did a solo (accelerated freefall) skydive. I did not even bother telling my folks or my sister about it as that would not have helped.

5 hours of class, 1 hour of waiting, and then there I was jumping off a perfectly normal plane. To make a long story short, I have decided to work my way over the next few months towards my AFF Certification.

Saturday Night: Went to LA for a Sarcastic Disco (Harvey) warehouse party to see Rub n Tug. Awesome stuff; we stayed there till about 06:00 on Sunday. I still do not know who Rubs and who Tugs. Drove back from LA, had a nice breakfast, and then hibernated since I did not have any sleep for almost 30 hours.

Surfing most of the day Saturday.

Sat night...Went into Puerto Viejo and started off by watching a local Reggae band. I don't really like Reggae that much...but thse guys rocked. Seemed that everyone in the bar had some talent and all got up to have go. Including an American chick with an amazing voice. Good stuff.
Went from there to an Italian bar and met some Costa Ricans. Ended up partying all night with them. Went from a bar playing house to another with a Merengue band with the members over 60 then to a club on the beach. Finshed off at sunrise with us all drinking Tequila with the local Rastas. A frienly bunch of people here.

Sunday. Went surfing in the morning with my 10 year old. Made Sunday lunch for him and my 7 month pregnant ex wife.

Monday... Surfed Salsa Brava, one of the best waves in the world. Still in one piece.

Pura vida 8)

Did you make your way to Montezuma aswell?

Surfing most of the day Saturday.

Sat night...Went into Puerto Viejo and started off by watching a local Reggae band. I don't really like Reggae that much...but thse guys rocked. Seemed that everyone in the bar had some talent and all got up to have go. Including an American chick with an amazing voice. Good stuff.
Went from there to an Italian bar and met some Costa Ricans. Ended up partying all night with them. Went from a bar playing house to another with a Merengue band with the members over 60 then to a club on the beach. Finshed off at sunrise with us all drinking Tequila with the local Rastas. A frienly bunch of people here.

Sunday. Went surfing in the morning with my 10 year old. Made Sunday lunch for him and my 7 month pregnant ex wife.

Monday... Surfed Salsa Brava, one of the best waves in the world. Still in one piece.

Friday, went to see the Specials at Brixton Acadamy
A friend of mine went to that show and had a great time. He said there was a large Chelsea contingent... something about people singing along to "Free Nelson Mandela" witht the words "Free Didier Drogba" :lol:

My long weekend:

Wednesday: Flew to London. Watched as a great injustice was levied upon the world of football.

Thursday - As noted, met MWG and Philly Cent for drinks. A pleasure indeed, my friends.
Followed that up with a tasty curry at Gaylord's (recommended!)

Friday - Had lunch at Frankie's in Chelsea. Met up with a friend from Moscow, who was back home in the UK, for drinks at a pub in South Ken. Then met up with a couple of colleagues and their friends for more drinks at a bar in Chelsea, which we closed out.

Saturday - Drinks at the pub, followed by dinner at Bombay Brasserie in South Ken (not recommended!). Met up with Buckley and Dan X for drinks in the city, then headed to Paramount for Superfreq. Had a great time although it's all a bit of a blur.

Sunday - Had a very unfortunately short nap before checking out of our hotel and heading to Emirates Stadium to watch Chelsea crush Arsenal. Back to Frankie's in Chelsea for dinner before heading to the airport for our red-eye flight.

Monday - Bank holiday. Arrived home in the early a.m., slept half the day. Went for a drive. Bought groceries. Made the best lamb curry and dal I've ever made (trying to emulate the flavors from Gaylord's :lol:). Stayed up late catching up on last week's TV.

I'm in a world of pain today :confused:

That’s personal, but in case you were wondering, I was going to leave you my Belgian rifle, the Fabrique Nationale Fusil Automatique Léger (FN-FAL). Each time you looked at the Belgian masterpiece, you could think about our long distance love letters.

That’s personal, but in case you were wondering, I was going to leave you my Belgian rifle, the Fabrique Nationale Fusil Automatique Léger (FN-FAL). Each time you looked at the Belgian masterpiece, you could think about our long distance love letters.

you've actually got that gun........

......haven't you??:eek:

fri - nice quiet nite with Laura, watched Vantage Point, decent enough movie

sat - went to the Rangers game and subsequently got incredibly drunk afterwards and was comatose early doors

sun - dinner with in-laws and then a wedding reception with laura's pals & their blokes

mon - star trek at the IMAX - great movie but for the Trek purist it basically renders the 30+ years of Trek-lore, obselete

you've actually got that gun........

......haven't you??:eek:

Si compadre. The one that I have is a semi-auto (one trigger pull = one round fired) rifle just like the British L1A1 SLR. Full-auto is not legal, and like the rest of the NATO countries decided, it is a waste. I do not know what the Argentines were thinking when they made their version with full-auto capability. Maybe it was the Latin bravado; definitely did not deliver the goods in the Malvinas.

mon - star trek at the IMAX - great movie but for the Trek purist it basically renders the 30+ years of Trek-lore, obselete
I watched that on Saturday afternoon. It does mess around with things quite a lot, doesn't it? Not sure how I felt about it at all... entertaining, but worrisome nonetheless.

Mine was funking brilliant. Southport weekender.
Friday night: Halo, Martinez Bros (not as bad as you think!), ANN NESBY! Lungs or what! Bit of Joey Negro, Spen & Karizma- absolutely smashed it Spen has so much energy and enthusiasum, Kiko Navarro.
Sat: Nate James, Incognito, silly dancing, old soul b*stards soul sesssion, then at night we saw Alix Alverez, Fanatix, DANNY KRIVIT I LOVE YOU!!! Sting Int, Kerri Chandler & his holograms absolutely ground breaking. Block party til about 11am on Sunday. Slept for 3 hours, then.....
Sun: Roy Ayres & Bah Samba, Soul Steppin with about 1000 others in unison!
After party: Halo, RAHAAN! and Ron Trent!!!
All interspersed with trips to the Sands over the road to see Paul Stuart & Rich Francis, who just get better!
Got home about 3pm on Monday absolutely knackered and my feet are still killing but had such a brilliant weekend it's all so worth it
I'm sorry but everyone else's weekend pales in comparison!!!
For the love of house, for the love of beats, for the L.O.V.E!!!!
It's like 2 weeks in Ibiza rolled into a weekend. I'm lucky if I get to see one or two DJ's I like these days on the white isle. Thank GOD for Southport. As you can tell I'm still buzzing!!!!!!
PS no work til MONDAY!

Back