Weekend Rundowns

Emma_1983

How was everybodys?

My Friday was my 1st ever Hen do at a place in London called The Roxy - looked good on the website but was a bit of a let down, very small, but great cheesy music - kind of place you go LATER ON in the night not at 6pm :confused: so we were there all night and the "hen" in question just wasnt really up for a good time. Maybe it was me and my idea of a hen night but there was just no tackiness, no real fun, just me and my 2 other mates trying to make a good night of it while all the hens mates just hung round the bar not really wanting to do anything. Bit of a let down for my 1st one!

Saturday went for breakie in Covent Garden and then home for rest. Takeaway in evening.

Sunday attempted some cooking (I still live at home so never cook) made an amazing (even if I say so myself) toad in the hole. Went down a treat! And surprisingly straightforward. Yummy.

Ended the evening going to see Elbow who were wicked live 8)

Friday - off work so picked my boy from pre-school. He was a bit excited to say the least. Took him round the park for a bit and then picked my little girl up from nursery. Usual anarchy indoors for the rest of the night.

Saturday - took kids out to the park again, let them burn that energy off elsewhere and not on my glasses! Got home still too much energy so got their bikes out and took them back out again. Job done. All in bed soundo 7.30pm. I love it when a plan comes together. Had a bet during day but I can't buy a win at the moment.

Sunday - took kids swimming then home cooked breakfast as missus birthday so we had to bow down to her diva like requests for the day. Watched a bit of the snoozefest that was the rumbelows cup final. Took my boy home and watched couple of films Jumper and then Rush Hour 2. Then bedtime for Bonzo.

Monday - whoopee.

Fri - facials and pampering on way home then nice night in with my lovely hubby but absolutely knackered from a heavy day at work so got pampered and looked after all night. Watched Frankie Boyle live and nearly p'd my pants laughing on several occasions - that man's humour is just 8)

Sat: blew a fortune in Boots - but fully stocked up on new make up and skin stuff... watched Everton match - 8)8) Did a bit of gardening then realised it was going to snow again this week/or the weekend so stopped...... any excuse... Stayed in and watched Bank Job - Jason Statham, doing what Jason Statham does, but slightly better than normal, quite enjoyed it.

Sun Dog sitting for next door so long walk, well I say a long walk but we have found an old running track with built up grass verges - absolutely deserted so we took the dog there, checked from broken glass etc, turned out it was clear so we let him go and being an ex greyhound racing dog - he just ran :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. We sat with a chill tab laughing, didnt get much exercise ourselves but it was tres amusing. Came home to more football - Phil happy that MU won so that leaves a 6th place up for grabs.....

saw a folk gig in a soho basement on friday then it was off down the albert & pearl (formerly medicine bar on upper st) nice refit - classy. good DJs (mainly on funk/disco tip) - chaotic afters at a flat in king's cross with some of the faith crew; then saturday, chillin like penicillin all day at the same flat, watched wicked episode of Columbo, had a few jars at the Griffin, before Sosho - which in time could potentially be a good venue but atmosphere is sterile (way too many un-house herberts in there). Beans were ok but not had any vintage ones for months now :confused: yesterday was a bit of a crapper and Barca's season is disintegrating faster than an ice cream in a sauna

6.5/10

Pretty tame weekend by my standards

Friday - Went for drinks at a big gathering of former colleagues at a German-themed beer hall. Then to Wall St Bar for the joint birthday of a couple of friends. Then to a new warehouse venue (rumored to soon be turned into a regular club called Milk) for the Globalclubbing Amnesia Ibiza party with Amnesia resident Les Schmitz. Got bored around 4ish and went home.

Saturday - Woke up by noon, a rare feat on a weekend. Went to the store to resupply the sick missus. Worked on reprogramming a website. Watched Chelsea v Wigan. Went to a friend's house party which turned out to be quite a bit of fun. Was going to the club afterward but stepped out on the street around 4ish and decided to go home again.

Sunday - Woke up at noon again! Finished reprogramming a website. Watched Carling Cup final. Caught up on Lost, Heroes, and the Daily Show.

yesterday was a bit of a crapper and Barca's season is disintegrating faster than an ice cream in a sauna

not looking good is it? Im hoping Iniesta coming back might turn our season again!

Finally got to try out Matter on Saturday for the new Saved night. After i'd read a few mixed bag reports I wasn't expecting much but we were all pleasantly surprised.

Lay out is good, the main room has lots of exits so theres never too many people walking through. Also found plenty of space to dance in (it was by no means quiet), including right by the DJ. Sound and lasers are fantastic. Toilets and bars seemed to be hassle free, didnt have to queue for more than 2 mins for either. Considering the pain Ministry can be for these (specially the toilets) this was something that really won me over.

Crowd wise it was ok too. Yes for the uber cool east london clubber it probably wouldnt pass the grade, but I was expecting something like a scene from Yates' when i walked in and it was nothing like it. A few knobs like you'll get anywhere in a club with capacity for over 2,000 but certainly nothing to put me off going again.

Musically Fanciulli was awesome, thank god he's stopped playing that dull minimal recently and has got back to a housier sound like he use to. Francois K was also good at the end of the night, a mixture of techno, house and lots in between

Getting there isn't the easiest as you have to walk for nearly 10mins after leaving the tube station, probably the only gripe

Getting there isn't the easiest as you have to walk for nearly 10mins after leaving the tube station, probably the only gripe
Are they not still running the boats? Takes you right up to the entrance.

Are they not still running the boats? Takes you right up to the entrance.

Not sure we didnt see any. We were having pre-clubbing drinks at a friends house just 10 mins away so we just got a cab. To be honest it was so cold the idea of a boat trip wasn't that appealing at the time. Maybe in the summer it'll be different

Finally got to try out Matter on Saturday for the new Saved night.

Thought i saw you in 1 of the photos Fanchewme posted on FB!
What was Green Velvet like?

Was out of town til sunday am! Came back and met my Cousin for brekfast in St James, then met my crew in the Prince Regent in Marylebone for pints before going to Wembley!
Pretty exciting game for a 0 0, Lennon should have scored, but then to just throw it away on pens! Argghhh!
Thankfully had a rewarding day yesterday, so feeling positive again!

fri: caught up with some of my girly mates over a pizza express , which was nice as not seen them for a while - i swear the salads have more calories than the pizzas though :spank:

sat: chilling with the bf, sorted out the garden, cooked a roast and home made apple crumble. am becoming domestic goddess :)

sun: lunch at the lovely Charlottes Place in Ealing followed by footy down the pub. Consoled bf about score with 6 creme eggs which seemed to do the trick. Then home for packing for Monday flight to China

For the next 2 weeks am wandering round China buying stuff for Primark. Arrived yesterday, its raining and grey as usual. On the plus side I am off to HK next week where it is nice and sunny 8)

Musically Fanciulli was awesome, thank god he's stopped playing that dull minimal recently and has got back to a housier sound like he use to.

Fanciulli was wicked on Friday at Pressure too :D and he had Zabiela with him to pour the vodkas :lol:

fri: caught up with some of my girly mates over a pizza express , which was nice as not seen them for a while - i swear the salads have more calories than the pizzas though :spank:

sat: chilling with the bf, sorted out the garden, cooked a roast and home made apple crumble. am becoming domestic goddess :)

sun: lunch at the lovely Charlottes Place in Ealing followed by footy down the pub. Consoled bf about score with 6 creme eggs which seemed to do the trick. Then home for packing for Monday flight to China

For the next 2 weeks am wandering round China buying stuff for Primark. Arrived yesterday, its raining and grey as usual. On the plus side I am off to HK next week where it is nice and sunny 8)

Sounds interesting! :lol:

I had a wonderful weekend :D

Friday: Night in on my own, popped to supermarket and walked the 20 mins home with my arm about 20x longer than when i left :spank:

Saturday: Girls night out for my fast approaching birthday. Some girls left early which made me want to slap them for being typical girlies and wanting to go back home to their other halves - pathetic :rolleyes:

Sunday: Went to nice local and had roast lamb, waved Sarah off back home to Birmingham and then gave myself a bit of a scrub up and tried to make myself look a bit more presentable for my man's return.

Monday, Tues & Weds - Day's off :D

Maybe it was me and my idea of a hen night but there was just no tackiness, no real fun, just me and my 2 other mates trying to make a good night of it while all the hens mates just hung round the bar not really wanting to do anything. Bit of a let down for my 1st one!

:lol: - the whole tackiness really puts me off tbh. I'm only having a hen next month on the understanding that there will be NO hen related tack in sight. We are just having cocktails at a hotel bar and then onto another Bar for a bit of a dance and a catch up.

I really didnt want one :spank:

:lol: - the whole tackiness really puts me off tbh. I'm only having a hen next month on the understanding that there will be NO hen related tack in sight. We are just having cocktails at a hotel bar and then onto another Bar for a bit of a dance and a catch up.

I really didnt want one :spank:

This was just a boring night in general though which sounds harsh but there was just no real thought about it - I think she was secretly hoping someone had something planned but because she had gone on about not wanting to take part in anything it really didnt happen for her.

Her first idea was making a pop video :confused: WTF?!?!?!? :lol:

Thought i saw you in 1 of the photos Fanchewme posted on FB!
What was Green Velvet like?

who's fanchewme? :lol:

Missed Green Velvet.. well, I cant remember much from the time he was on ;)

Angie youre veyr lucky, shame Zabiela didnt play with Fanciulli at Matter last week, they're both excellent together. He's playing this week I think.

Angie youre veyr lucky, shame Zabiela didnt play with Fanciulli at Matter last week, they're both excellent together. He's playing this week I think.

Unfortunately Zabiela didn't play (he was playing in Edinburgh Saturday) but was obviously just there to hang out :lol: Lots of dancing, drinking and cheering on his mate though ;):lol:

Back