Weekend Rundowns

Morbyd

Very quiet around here this morning... I guess most of you are just now stumbling in to work after the weekend :)

Friday - A whopper of a night :!:

Went straight from work to a major fashion show by Moscow design trio Fresh Art. Irina was official backstage photographer so I got to sit at the organizers' guest table. I was especially surprised when 2 of Russia's top pop stars came and joined us :eek: (the subsequent surrounding of our table by paparazzi was a bit annoying)

Raced from there to the opening of a new "pre/post-party bar" called Escobar. Nice place, good crowd, good DJ spinning tunes. A welcome new place to start off one's evening.

From there to Soho Rooms where Philip Morris was holding a launch party for some new sort of Parliament cigarettes ($1 million budget! Crisis? What crisis? :lol:). Headliner was Joss Stone. That girl has some pipes. 8) She belted out about 5 songs. She was preceeded by some Russian opera singer from the Bolshoi who did a 5th Element-style opera/house music combo. Funny stuff.

Then I hightailed it to the Renaissance party at Arma 17 to catch a little more than half of Victor Calderone's set. Very good tunes! :D :D :D

Saturday - Relaxed day at home. Watched 2nd half of Arse v Man U (great game!). Ordered carry-out Georgian food. Later, went to a house party and ran into a bunch of old friends, followed by a bit of standard club-hopping.

Sunday - Watched Chelsea beat Blackburn. Got carry-out Georgian food again. In the evening, attended the Stereo MCs concert :D :D 8) Came home and caught up on Heroes episodes.

8)

Morbyd, right now I want your saturdays and sundays please :lol: Last few weekends have been very staid and house bound doing family stuff in between working and more working. Finally, things will ease off now as the big fundraiser I was organising is over... YAY ! Just a billion loose ends and thank you letters to write and I can finally get some fun going again.
(Footnote, big thanks to my man for putting up with me being stressed, plus home and 3 kids while I charge about. He had to hang up his headphones for a while there which was sad !)

My weekend was lurvely. Had a friend visiting so we went out for a nice meal on Friday night, then headed out to the Dali museum at Figueres on Saturday - fantastic, highly recommended (although the train journey from bcn is a bit of a slog). Had some fab sushi in the evening and went to the pictures to see Vicky Christina Barcelona, which was most enjoyable. On Sunday we went to the aquarium - fun, but not worth the 16 euro entrance fee - something to do on a rainy day maybe, which it wasn't, it was a glorious day, so headed to Sitges in the afternoon and wandered round the pretty little streets, strolled along the promenade and had tons of excellent wine and tapas which ended up being free thanks to some friendly Swedish gents who insisted on footing the bill. :lol:

Roll on next weekend when Barbie hits town. :p

Friday - Footy club 50th anniversary dinner. John Motson is offcially the worst after dinner speaker ever. Just wasn't funny or interesting. Food was rubbish, company was good. Hangover was bad.

Sat - Round to mates to watch the Arsenal game. Very entertaining, not least for the comedy value of how bad Bendtnar (sp?) is. :lol:

Evening - went to Belgo in Camden for some mussels for dinner early on, followed by The Abbey for Itchysoul/my mate Tim's b'day. Music was good, as was the company and the lager. Hangover was bad.

Sunday - Greasy spoon breakfast followed by hair of the dog with little bit of the Chelsea game. Spent the rest of the day nursing the missus as she wasn't too well.
Sunday nights are all about old alien invasion series 'V' on the Sci-Fi channel.

I had a domesticated and sensible chilling weekend - I actually had to check it was Monday when the alarm went off this morning because I felt so relaxed, chilled, bright eyed and bushy tailed that I was convinced it couldnt possibly be Monday.....

Fri: Phil cooked chinese food and a bottle of wine and chilling ensued.

Sat: Watched football and a mate came round and then I shopped for ingredients and I cooked a Tandoori Chicken and more chilling took place.

Sun: Newspapers, football, Got Phil to put all the bird feeders back up in the garden for my little feathered friends followed by Sunday beautification (for meeee) :lol: and more chilling....

Loved it!!!!!

Fri - Gym and then crashed and burned.

Sat - Up early, bit of shopping then watched a very good football match (that being united v arsenal), although my team lost I wasn't that disappointed. Mass family food and brawl in the evening and then home early.

Sun - Nice lay in, then worked for a few hours, caught up with some friends and then r&r.

I had a brilliant weekend :D

Friday - I went playing 5 a side then had a few quiet beers.

Saturday - Up early(ish) to get the bus to Cobh where all the lads myself included were in fancy dress, such a great laugh was had, the 5 hour bus journey was hilarious and alot of alcohol was consumed, i went as a sailor, ill post up some photos later that i uploaded last nite, i couldn't face the journey home on the bus that nite so ended up staying the nite and getting the train back the next day (€62 ONE WAY RIP OFF:spank:)

Sunday - Got the train back with the lads who stayed over, some very hungover heads but we soon got stuck into the beer on the train again and had a few beers upon arrival back in Dublin.

Great craic, Cobh is a lovely little town and they have none of the attitude certain people in Cork City have towards Dubs, sound people.;)

Vicky Christina Barcelona,

Is that in spanish or english..? Not that it matters to you now anyway ;) Want to see it when it comes out here.
I guess people are happy in Barcelona with the football 8)

Morbyd, what sort of set did Victor Calderone play?

Morbyd, what sort of set did Victor Calderone play?
Good thumping progressive house. :D
Mixed it up nicely too in terms of dropping tunes with some words or melodies.
Overall not unlike Cattaneo's style. Not boring like Digweed can sometimes be.

My weekend was lurvely. Had a friend visiting so we went out for a nice meal on Friday night, then headed out to the Dali museum at Figueres on Saturday - fantastic, highly recommended (although the train journey from bcn is a bit of a slog). Had some fab sushi in the evening and went to the pictures to see Vicky Christina Barcelona, which was most enjoyable. On Sunday we went to the aquarium - fun, but not worth the 16 euro entrance fee - something to do on a rainy day maybe, which it wasn't, it was a glorious day, so headed to Sitges in the afternoon and wandered round the pretty little streets, strolled along the promenade and had tons of excellent wine and tapas which ended up being free thanks to some friendly Swedish gents who insisted on footing the bill. :lol:

Roll on next weekend when Barbie hits town. :p

where abouts in Barca are you? I've got family based in the Sarria area. Properly nice views of Tibidabo and a million rooftops

*my wkd was mostly spent getting caned with discoplayer in various east end nightspots

Ferdi, Vicky Christina Barcelona is mostly in English (with Spanish subtitles here), apart from some bits between Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz when they're arguing passionately in Spanish (I didn't follow those bits too well as they didn't subtitle them).

Olly, I live in the centre, the nice bit of Raval. It's nice up in the hills isn't it?

Raval's ace, but I'm out of touch with things there, bars, food etc especially the Born area - got any tips?

heading back to Barca for xmas - can't wait!

fri: not much doing, chilled with a glass of vino indoors

sat: gym in morning (first pt session - now feeling it), then hair and beautifying in the afternoon followed by large girly night out - first i have had since the *break up* Started with Wine and X Factor and general gossip / man banter and descended into a very messy one around local bars/club. :D:D:D all round.

sun: death, chicken nuggets, early night

In London from Dubai.

On Sat went to The End with Timo Mass. Played a 6 hour set which was amazing. Probably the first and last time there giving I wont have a chance to get back before it closes.

Fri - me and Tom were off so went into town to do all our Christmas shopping, went to Cha Cha Moon for a late lunch (can't recommend this place enough, the food is amazing and really authentic and it's soooo cheap - all dishes are only £3.50), then on the way home went to Westfields - wasn't impressed at all, just your standard shopping centre with the same old same old shops (plus the Top Shop is tiny) :spank:

Sat/Sun - hairdressers and then domestic goddess duties preparing for our Bang Babes and Boxing Party. Fab night, very messy, good fight, the last of the guests left 1pm Sunday afternoon and then we vegged for the rest of the day on the sofa watching the footy

Fri - me and Tom were off so went into town to do all our Christmas shopping, went to Cha Cha Moon for a late lunch (can't recommend this place enough, the food is amazing and really authentic and it's soooo cheap - all dishes are only £3.50),

ive heard good reports too, been planning to give it a try :D is it owned by the guy who runs hakkasan???

As promised here are just a small selection of photos from our fancy dress trip to Cobh:lol:

Cobh08_30.jpg

yours truly the dashing sailor:lol:

Cobh08_6.jpg

Cobh08_12.jpg

get off the pitch:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cobh08_25.jpg

Cobh08_27.jpg

Thursday to Sunday indulgence. Wearing a dopey mortarboard, getting pissed in a suit, getting pissed watching football, getting pissed doing the tango, getting pissed seeing Dave Spoon, getting pissed off coz couldn't see Hervé. Spent every penny I own, must find job, feel like gash.

Met two birds and they wanted us to come back to theirs...anyway, turns out some guy got murdered at there place in the afternoon, police all the gaff and her dodgy housemate telling lies about where he was all afternoon, dodgy stuff, all over the news.

Sex, drugs and on the dole.

Back