Weekend Rundowns

Emma_1983

:lol: I had to start this off as I had the best weekend up in London.

Headed up Sat morn and the hotel we were staying in was a surprise to me, actually ended up being in Soho Sq which was a great location for us as everything we wanted to see was in walking distance. This was the hotel, its called Hazlitts and it was really old and victorian looking, was fabulous, the bath was amazing, it was one of those on feet, if I could have one at home I would :lol: http://www.hazlittshotel.com/

After checking in we went out for some lunch to a little bar/cafe called Box Bar, we didnt realise until we got in there it was more of a gay bar :lol: judging by the pictures on the wall but that didnt bother us, the food was amazing, we only had a breakfast but oh my god, I could eat there everyday. I had a scrambled egg muffin and it was gorgeous. Next door was the most fabulous cake shop, http://www.candycakes.eu/, had to buy a few to take home :lol:

We then took our cakes back to the hotel and on doing this as we were walking down the st we saw Rhys Ifans, he was sitting outside a pub down our road, it was quiet at the time nobody around, but when my boyfriend spotted him I didnt actually see him but he then came out the pub and started walking towards us so we stopped where we was and pretended to muck about with the hotel key :lol: and he was across the road from us and looked straight at us. I really wanted to ask for a photo but he gave us a bit of a paranoid/strange look so we decided not to. But I was so star struck, that has to be the most famous person I have ever met :lol: :lol:

The rest of the weekend then involved drinks in Notting Hill, dinner at Planet Hollywood - touristy but fun, then the London Eye yesterday and a lot of walking round various tourist attractions.

Was a top weekend, just sad to be back, actually felt like we had been away even though London is only 40 mins from us :lol:

glad you enjoyed your london trip emma!

My weekend was a fairly quiet one (for me anyway!) although technically started on thursday..

Thurs: Bastard batty bass at the star of bethnal green - usual fun dancing to hannah holland and mama shamone 8) tried to get to bed early but ended up walking the wrong way home :spank: :lol:

Friday: Stayed in as I needed to be up early on saturday..

Saturday: My sister held a surprise party for her boyfriend who recently recovered from cancer 8) although I overslept and missed the 'surprise' bit :spank: :rolleyes: despite being good the night before and not going out. Was nice to see my extended family all in one place for once.

Afterwards went to gutterslut in bethnal green with some other friends, quite a hilarious night despite the venue being smelly and it being a fairly small crowd - was pleased to see that the totally naked man was still turning up :lol: :eek: (why???). Music so so electro stuff and disco downstairs, but crowd a good mix of shoreditch types, trannies and vauxhall types.

Sunday: after a short sleep went to secret sundaze at the light bar - was one of the best ones I'd ever been to, superb music from start to finish - guido schneider rocked 8). ALmost had too much fun :lol:. Afterwards a quick dance off in the tea bar then had to try and sleep for work today - not feeling too great but was worth it 8)

....its pissed down here, Phil has been really unwell all weekend - didnt get to Garnier, pants weekend..... :-(

Poor hubby.....:cry:

Your weekend sounds lovely Emma :D

Fri - nothing much

Sat - Tom's 'pretend' birthday, he loved his presents and I took him to the Notting Grill so he could have a cow feast :spank: Very good food and service, altho a bit limited choice if you're a veggie.

Sun - we spent the day in Richmond with friends, first of all for lunch in the White Swan (hightly recommended if you're in the area) and then someone had the bright idea :spank: of going to the vodka bar for cocktails and shots :spank:

Friday - stayed in watch junk tv like big brother and sat up late nattering with the missus and listening to music

Saturday - took the kids to a photographer to have their pictures done in the morning, then food and toy shopping, then swimming with the kids, watched the football, went to a couple of country pubs with me mate left the girls indoors with the kids, then back for the boxing (£14.95 for 54 seconds), sat up again till silly time with music on!!

Sunday took kids to Kidspace in Romford and then met up with my old man for lunch, then went to the living hell that is Primark before walking out and taking my little girl to Disney store, dropped my boy home and then chilled on sofa for rest of day and then had a ruby to round the weekend off.

5 days till holiday!

Friday - stayed in watch junk tv like big brother and sat up late nattering with the missus and listening to music

Saturday - took the kids to a photographer to have their pictures done in the morning, then food and toy shopping, then swimming with the kids, watched the football, went to a couple of country pubs with me mate left the girls indoors with the kids, then back for the boxing (£14.95 for 54 seconds), sat up again till silly time with music on!!

Sunday took kids to Kidspace in Romford and then met up with my old man for lunch, then went to the living hell that is Primark before walking out and taking my little girl to Disney store, dropped my boy home and then chilled on sofa for rest of day and then had a ruby to round the weekend off.

5 days till holiday!

I had a ruby last night, great way to start or end the weekend :lol:

Fri - Left work early for an expensive visit to the solicitor for him to tell me something I already new!!! Travelled down to London with the wife for our 1st wedding aniversary celebration. Got to hotel on Edgware Rd about 8.30 then popped out for a few drinks at a nice little establishment called 'The Chapel', far superior to the rest of the pubs we had come accross or read about.

Sat - After a mahoooosive breakfast walked into town, saw how the other half lived round mayfair etc and then popped to pick up some theatre tickets for a matinee showing as the weather was poor. Couldn't get into Lion King as the ticket price was over inflated so opted for We Will Rock You instead, really enjoyed it considering I'm not a massive Queen fan :lol:, good humour and crowd interaction. After we went to Wahaca (Mexican Street food resturant) down Chandos Place, its a must do for cheap, quality eats, based around a tapas style eating but with Taches, Tostidas etc, get there early though as it queues out the door. Rest of the evening we chilled with a bottle of wine and crashed out.

Sun - The one we've been waiting for since we booked it. Sunday lunch at Gordon Ramsey @ Claridges. All I can say is top draw from start to finish as we expected. Treated like 'how the other half' are all the time. Great food, wine and attention to detail. Got a little bonus while we were there and got to meet the Chef, Sous Chef etc who prepared our meal for us. Great experience. Travelled back and tied up a few loose ends before another week of crazy work......ah well only a week and a half until I get some well needed sunshine :D:D:D!

Morbyd in Weekend Plans thread said:
My weekend's looking good
Friday - Sharam @ Famous
Saturday - Phonique @ Mio
Sunday - Rest, recover, relax
Ya... that didn't quite work out as planned :lol:

Friday - One last Friday happy hour with friends on the lovely summer terrace at Scandinavia before the weather turns cold. Got smashed. Later, headed to Solyanaka for Argentine/Barcelona techno DJ Javier Dokser. Called it a realtively early night around 4.

Saturday - Lazy day at home. At night, went to Arma 17 to see 16 Bit Lolitas and local DJ Serge Que spin some progressive house. Followed that up with a long afterhours techno session at Paparazzi.

Sunday - Didn't wake up until early evening. Only accomplishment for the day was making some Uzbek plov for dinner.

Fri - Guanabara for a couple of caparihnas (sp?) before heading to a house party in Archway

Sat - Shopping, cleaning the flat and then to a meal at The Narrow, Gordon Ramsay's gastro pub in Wapping/Limehouse

Sun - Cleaned the flat

Isn't everyone exciting, drinking (eating?) caparihnas, making Uzbek plov and going to places called Gutterslut. Wish I was that interesting.

For me, Brighton fun again & watched both Rockandrolla (okayish, bit boring and samey) & Bangkok Dangerous (okay, bit slow and just another pumped out action movie with no real point, or that much action) at the cinema. Oooo, and put on a breathtaking footballing display on Sunday too.

Is it me or is working just after our supposed summer has finished becoming extremely agonisingly painful ?!

Fri.. Went to Aura which had the Dirty Diamonds DJ playing followed by the regular Antz. Good happy up for it crowd.
Went on to Manumission for a while, but that was a bit flat. So went down to Eden for Wonderland, had a drinks with everyone there and then to Es Vive for a nightcap.

Sat.. Quiet day and stayed in at night with ''The Good German'' DVD.

Sun... Went for lunch at Salinas then down to Blue Marlin for Paco Fernandez. Then on to Space.
Sasha's birthday, so it was him and James Zam..whatever his name is.. ripping up the glass terrace. Went to Es Vive after then home about 7am.

Mon.. Worked for a bit in the morning, then lunch at Salinas again. Fell asleep on the beach at Sa Trinxa, woke up and the beach was almost deserted..time for a bit of decadence.
DC 10 was rammed...full, full, full. Hated it at first. Then it grabs you and doesn't let you go.
Stayed until the end.
Was going to go to cocoon, but hadn't booked a guest list place, just as well really, as sleep was required.

Sat - Visit to Minor Injurys Unit as hubby fell down the stairs in the night! Luckily not badly hurt just hurt ligaments in hand/arm from landing badly. Rest of the day spent looking after him!

Sun - Train to Brum. Stayed at the Novotel on Broad St. Visit to the Sea Life Centre which was great fun! few drinks round Brindley Place then out for lovely meal for our wedding anniversary - much fun having to cut up hubby's dinner for him and watching him struggle to eat one handed, chasing peas round his plate!!!

Mon - Lots of shopping at the Bull Ring & MailBox, then the main event that night. Stevie Wonder in concert. Absolutely AMAZING!! The man has definately still got it.

Tues - More shopping, train home.

We then took our cakes back to the hotel and on doing this as we were walking down the st we saw Rhys Ifans, he was sitting outside a pub down our road, it was quiet at the time nobody around, but when my boyfriend spotted him I didnt actually see him but he then came out the pub and started walking towards us so we stopped where we was and pretended to muck about with the hotel key :lol: and he was across the road from us and looked straight at us. I really wanted to ask for a photo but he gave us a bit of a paranoid/strange look so we decided not to. But I was so star struck, that has to be the most famous person I have ever met :lol: :lol:

I can't stand Rhys Ifans :spank: I think he's the biggest waste of space ever! Since he had a brief fling with Sienna he thinks he's some kind of super celeb, getting papped starting fights outside every celeb hangout, what a loser! He's just a sad scraggy haired extra who had a brief part in Notting Hill 10 years ago! What the hell did Sienna / Kim Stewart see in him?!

I can't stand Rhys Ifans :spank: I think he's the biggest waste of space ever! Since he had a brief fling with Sienna he thinks he's some kind of super celeb, getting papped starting fights outside every celeb hangout, what a loser! He's just a sad scraggy haired extra who had a brief part in Notting Hill 10 years ago! What the hell did Sienna / Kim Stewart see in him?!

Did anyone see him in that film last night? Numbers - it was delightfully weird :)

I always liked his kookie films in the past, but Becks - you're soooo right - he has turned into a media whore (in the worst possible way)

He was out here for most of August. I think he had the same clothes on every time I saw him.
He looks pretty lost to me.
I met him and Sienna last year and he seemed a lot more together.

My boyfriend was an extra on a film with Sienna (yet to be released) called Hippie Hippie Shake.

He said she was really nice and down to earth.

When I told my friend at work about seeing Rhys she said I should have shouted out
"all I wanna do is do it" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine his reaction!

Back