Weekend Rundowns

Emma_1983

How was everyones weekends?

Mine went as.....

Fri - drinks after work, very very drunk is all that can be said, and I was home by 11. I now feeling a bit awkward with someone at work as I made the fatal error of facebooking them whilst drunk saying "thanks for getting me home" twice :oops:

Sat - lazy day buying presents for sister, including a massive Hello Kitty balloon which she was well chuffed about :lol: and then Lakeside for more shopping when the bf had finished work & a bit of dinner

Sun - lunch for sisters bday then afternoon/eve at bfs house for his nieces 2nd party

Mine went pretty much as planned, although perhaps a little more excessive than expected.

Friday - Popped over to the summer terrace at Scandinavia for a few beers and a 4th of July celebratory hamburger. Tons of people I know wandering in and out so our table was in constant flux. Also stumbled across a friend's wedding rehearsal dinner so popped over there for a bit. After many liters of beer consumed, directed my crew over to Crisis Genre to see a friend's rock band play. Then on to Club 1171 to see Dennis Ferrer spinning. Drunkest I've been in ages.

Saturday - Woke up early afternoon. Cursed world. Back to sleep until 5. Got up, went to a friend's wedding. Then met up with the missus at her friend's birthday party on the rooftop dancefloor at Krysha Mira. Such a happy place... dancing to the sunrise 8). Stayed long after everyone from the party had left but bumped into many randoms. Stumbled home very drunk.

Sunday - Spent most of the day in bed with my laptop, except for a quick visit to the supermarket and making dinner. Watched Cloverfield and Michael Clayton, both decent films.

Fri - drinks in Covent Garden after work

Sat - up bright and early, did some Autumn/Winter costume shopping :oops::lol: Then headed over to Balham for Gollum's Leaving Drinks - great day/night with all the usual suspects, was just a drunken affair until a certain bloke in a Spanish top turned up with Katie :spank::lol: Descended into absolute carnage, got home absolutely DESTROYED :twisted::lol:

Sun - FLS day at home, only leaving the house to dog walk and then watched the beautiful Nadal play tennis :lol:

Friday - off work so took missus for lunch. Had a couple of drinks in mate's bar and then picked the kids up and had usual Friday night bundles!!

Saturday - packed the kids off and headed over to Hyde Park for the Wireless Festival. Weather was lovely which was very lucky. Had plenty of pear cider which went down very well. Only saw handful of artists but they were all awesome - The Whip, MSTRKFRT (they smashed it big time!), Japenese Popstars (very impressed!), Underworld and Fatboy Slim who I thought was excellent. Went for drink round Lancaster Gate afterwards then back to mine for some late night antics!

Sunday - Got to bed around 9 am (see above) and up at 12 as my little girl come home from her nans so was set upon all afternoon by her as she was in hyperactive mode!! I also found a sausage and banana in my new trainers which was very kind of her!! Wait till she is older, I will have my revenge!! Last night watched the greatest show on earth Las Vegas Desert Classic which The Power won with ease, the Sunday Night Project and then land of Nod!

the para one remix of mstrkrft's new tune is immense - it's on the motorokr advert. are they good live?

Friday night - Sedate, alcohol-free dinner at friends, early sleep.

Saturday - Went climbing in the Trossachs, saw a swarm of bees! early sleep.

Sunday - Daytime party action at the outhouse in Edinburgh. It rained a bit but the covers were up, the tunes were great and I met some excellent people. couldn't get to sleep.

... oops

Friday night - Sedate, alcohol-free dinner at friends, early sleep.

Saturday - Went climbing in the Trossachs, saw a swarm of bees! early sleep.

Sunday - Daytime party action at the outhouse in Edinburgh. It rained a bit but the covers were up, the tunes were great and I met some excellent people. couldn't get to sleep.

... oops

Your profile picture thing is quality !! Where is that ?!

Underworld and Fatboy Slim who I thought was excellent.
I saw Fatboy a couple of weeks ago. He's got some amazing mash-ups and mixes although sometimes I was a little irked by his song choices.

Underworld, on the other hand, was massive the one time I saw them live. Had me dancing like a madman!

Your profile picture thing is quality !! Where is that ?!

Aye man, a lovely place. That picture was taken on the last day of 2007. It's on a wee island called Eilean Fhianain on Loch Sheil in the west highlands of Scotland.

It's where I always go to bring in the new year

I saw Fatboy a couple of weeks ago. He's got some amazing mash-ups and mixes although sometimes I was a little irked by his song choices.

Underworld, on the other hand, was massive the one time I saw them live. Had me dancing like a madman!

I saw Fatboy at V a few years back. I remember him remixing most of the Gorillaz stuff which sounded really good.

the para one remix of mstrkrft's new tune is immense - it's on the motorokr advert. are they good live?

Yeah they were awesome. The tent was rammed and rocking. I know a lot of people were in there early for Underworld but everyone was going bananas!!

A must see act in my book.

I know what you mean Morbs but he is good at what he does and knows his limitations! Did he do his Rolling Stones Satisfaction mix up??

Yeah Underworld are savages when they get going. :evil:

I saw Fatboy at V a few years back. I remember him remixing most of the Gorillaz stuff which sounded really good.

V that is only a few weeks away too. Only going Sunday this year as going SW4 following weekend so don't want to give up having my boy 2 weekends on the trot. The Scracth Perverts and Zombie Disco Squad have just been added for the Barcadi Breezer tent. However I think i will just plop up in the tent for Charalatans and then Chemical Brothers although means missing The Verve!

Got Lovebox next weekend to get through first!! :lol:

V that is only a few weeks away too. Only going Sunday this year as going SW4 following weekend so don't want to give up having my boy 2 weekends on the trot. The Scracth Perverts and Zombie Disco Squad have just been added for the Barcadi Breezer tent. However I think i will just plop up in the tent for Charalatans and then Chemical Brothers although means missing The Verve!

Got Lovebox next weekend to get through first!! :lol:

Have you looked at the website for V this year?
Its a lot easier to work out and more updated.

I CANNOT wait.

Best Weekend Ever!

Fri - Taken out for birthday dinner by the aritist formally known as X-Amount. Cheers sir (and Mrs X)!

Sat - 2 local BBQs, so plenty of booze and birthday wishes!

Sunday - my actual Birthday. Buck's fizz and a wicked breakfast, followed by presents, started the day brilliantly.

The missus had arranged a surprise but I unfortunately saw the tickets for The Lion King when they arrived in the post! It was great though, and when 'we decided' to go for a bite to eat after it turned out she'd booked J. Sheekey already.8) After a few local drinks Sunday night I went to bed drunk and happy!

Monday - Another surprise! At Christmas, Siobhan (the aforementioned missus) adopted a tiger at Woburn for me. Unbeknown to me, she'd arranged for me to actually go out with a ranger yesterday so I got within the width of a Land Rover window to some magnificent beasts (insert your own gags about my checkered past!:lol:). By far the best present I've ever recieved!

Got to try and calm myself down and try to relax before flying to Miami on Thursday....

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Weekend Ever!

Fri - Taken out for birthday dinner by the aritist formally known as X-Amount. Cheers sir (and Mrs X)!

Sat - 2 local BBQs, so plenty of booze and birthday wishes!

Sunday - my actual Birthday. Buck's fizz and a wicked breakfast, followed by presents, started the day brilliantly.

The missus had arranged a surprise but I unfortunately saw the tickets for The Lion King when they arrived in the post! It was great though, and when 'we decided' to go for a bite to eat after it turned out she'd booked J. Sheekey already.8) After a few local drinks Sunday night I went to bed drunk and happy!

Monday - Another surprise! At Christmas, Siobhan (the aforementioned missus) adopted a tiger at Woburn for me. Unbeknown to me, she'd arranged for me to actually go out with a ranger yesterday so I got within the width of a Land Rover window to some magnificent beasts (insert your own gags about my checkered past!:lol:). By far the best present I've ever recieved!

Got to try and calm myself down and try to relax before flying to Miami on Thursday....

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. I am so jealous about Miami. Please write back about it on your return (not that you want to think about that yet but you know what I mean)

i played golf friday and saturday, went out friday night near orpington (what a **** hole). chilled out for the rest. saving for ibiza isn't going well. looks like i'll be well into next month's pay beofre i even get there.

Back