Weekend Rundowns

Morbyd

Time for our weekly exercise in memory recovery :D

I was out almost every night last week for some event or other but I'll begin with...

Thursday - Irina's first serious photo exhibition opening :D The photography school where she's studying is taking part in the Biennale and they had a full house for their exhibit opening. Afterwards, attended a reception for another exhibit opening. Then met up with some mates at the nighclub Opera for the first in a 3-night series to say goodbye to an Aussie friend who's leaving.

Friday - Struggled through work. Then attended the Nouvelle Vague concert :D (thanks to Spotlight's Silvia for turning me on to this band last year). Highlight of the show had to be the singer leading the crowd in a chorus of "No future" during a version of the Sex Pistol's "God Save the Queen" :lol: (will be interesting to see if the Pistols do the same when they come in June :lol:). Second-best moment was a great version of the Cure's "100 Years". Bought tickets for next month's Roisin Murphy show on my way out :D Then met up with the boys at Soho Rooms. Very drunk at this point and lost track of everyone around 4 so decided to call it a night.

Saturday - Got caught up in a very absorbing graphic design project that took up all my free time Saturday and Sunday. Watched Chelsea close the gap on Man U by beating Man City :D Attended the Gloria Gaynor concert :D :D She's getting up there in age so it wasn't much in terms of spectacle but still a nice evening. Met up again with the Aussie & friends at Soho Rooms for round 3 of his goodbye weekend. Later headed to Opera and eventually Krysha Mira for afters, where I watched the sunrise while shaking it on the rooftop dancefloor. Bliss.
(edit: now confirmed... I also danced with Ibiza's Coolest Guy :lol: )

Sunday - Slept most of the afternoon. Finished the aforementioned design project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday - worked 10-6 then had an early night.

Saturday - went for lunch then up to a mates house to get drunk, headed up to Glasgow. Went to The Arches for Darren Emerson and Deadmau5. Good night was had.

Sunday - In bed all day.

Today - will be spent doing nothing at all.

sat

early flight down to Bournemouth - found cheap flights and decided to pay another visit to Monkey World. got to the hotel very early but they kindly had the room ready. made our way to Monkey World and had much fun checking out the apes (the orangutans are sooooooo cool)

headed back to Bournemouth to watch the National - had 4 horses running between us and only 1 finished. had a chuckle at the football results and then we headed out for a lovely Thai meal

decided to go for a drink but our research into travel & restaurants didn't entail decent bars so we wandered about and eventually had 1 somewhere but the stag parties around were just annoying. sparkled we crashed for the night after some beer in the hotel

sun

woke to a dusting of snow and a trickle falling :eek:
pottered about bournemouth doing very touristy things like the oceanarium and mini-golf with time for food before heading back to the airport and home for midnight

all in all a lovely weekend
pissed off that i'm back in this hell hole today tho

Fri: Setoff @ 10.30 heading for Ambleside in the lake district for Shelley's mums 60th birthday weekend. Bizarely, when we were approximately 30 miles from Ambleside we were overtaken by Shelley's brother and could see her ma & pa 4 cars ahead. Seemed remarkable considering the three families live 40 miles apart in various directions! Had a pub lunch and the first of many pints :) :) Our home for the weekend 'The Old Vicarage' in Ambleside (luxury rooms) was fabulous, lovely pool/ hot tub & sauna. Sampled a few beers here and there, swam, hot tubbed, and enjoyed a nice pub meal in the evening.

Sat: Fabulous walk; 'Wordsworth wander' a not too testing 5 miler that all the children managed, bar Harvey who needed lots of help :) It would have been nice to visit the Wordsworth museum but children aged 3 to 7 made this unpractical. It was fantastic seeing the mountain tops still covered in snow yet enjoying some nice April sunshine. Had a nice swim / hot tub sauna session before indulging in a fabulous meal at 'Lucys of Ambleside'.

Sun: Home and house renovations.

Friday - The idea was to go to dinner along the seafront as it was such a lovely afternoon on Friday (we have an area called The Arches in Southend and its lovely to sit outside, eat, drink and watch the sea etc etc) but when we got down there none of the restaurants accepted cards so we gave up after sitting down and looking at the menu and decided to walk all along the seafront to another restaurant but that was closed to refurb, we then walked ALL the way back and ended up at an Italian restaurant that looked nice but actually wasnt (grease dripping off the pizza YUCK!) and "dolmio" bolognese according to the bf so after eating we got out of there as quick as possible and headed to one of the bfs work mates for a nose round his flat & to generally chill out ;)

Saturday - haircut in morning, a lovely morning so had a mooch round Leigh on Sea, bought a nice holiday top, then treated myself to tea and cake in my favourite place of the moment, a little tea room cafe place, so that was very civilised! Sat night me and the bf just stayed in, couldnt find anything decent to watch except for Liar Liar :spank:

Sunday - snow!!! so very cold and miserable all day, headed back to the bfs for lunch, his sister was round with her 2 little horrors :lol: then we popped into Southend, bought myself a nice Audrey Hepburn clock and saw some nice holiday bits in Debenhams......came back for dinner and vegged

All in all a chilled weekend, I got to get used to these :spank:

Friday quite night. Gym, then chilled out watched DirtySexy Money and Balls Of Steel.

Saturday picked my boy up and took kids over the park then spent rest of day being bundled by kids. Missus has confiscated our football as reckons we shouldn't be playing football in the house! I did try explaining that it was actually an indoor football but she claimed I made that up. Watched loads of kids tv and other rubbish and listened to music once kids were eventually worn out and went to bed!

Sunday got kids up, chucked a few snowballs at them. Took my boy home. Tidied up flat, watched footie and Black Donnellys on DVD, the There's Something About Mary and then went bed! Quiet weekend. Even said to missus how healthy and refreshed I was feeling! Soon sort that!!;)

Friday quite night. Gym, then chilled out watched DirtySexy Money and Balls Of Steel.

Saturday picked my boy up and took kids over the park then spent rest of day being bundled by kids. Missus has confiscated our football as reckons we shouldn't be playing football in the house! I did try explaining that it was actually an indoor football but she claimed I made that up. Watched loads of kids tv and other rubbish and listened to music once kids were eventually worn out and went to bed!

Sunday got kids up, chucked a few snowballs at them. Took my boy home. Tidied up flat, watched footie and Black Donnellys on DVD, the There's Something About Mary and then went bed! Quiet weekend. Even said to missus how healthy and refreshed I was feeling! Soon sort that!!;)

I really wanted to watch this, watched the first one quite liked it and thought could get into this but keep missing them :spank: saw half of the second one now missed the third one!

I really wanted to watch this, watched the first one quite liked it and thought could get into this but keep missing them :spank: saw half of the second one now missed the third one!

Yeah it's not too bad to be honest. Most annoying thing is they have adverts after 10 seconds!!! Same with all yankee doodle programmes. Wish they would start here with Eastenders!

Friday - Struggled through work. Then attended the Nouvelle Vague concert :D (thanks to Spotlight's Silvia for turning me on to this band last year).

sil got me interested in them too.:D8)

"in a manner of speaking" is a beautiful track and they do a great cover of "guns of brixton" by the clash too.

Fri - TCR drinks after work in the sunshine

Sat - drinks and dinner in Chiswick

Sun - up really early to loads of snow, spent 2 hours playing in the park with the doggies :D Headed into town to join the anti-China demonstrations (and saw Robder :lol:;)), spent all afternoon shopping for summer costumes (bit ironic buying bikinis when it's snowing outside :?:lol:) and finished off with late afternoon champagne tea at Yauatcha :D

(and saw Robder :lol:;))

In American Apparell of all places! (how political! :eek: :lol:)

Nice to see you both! You seemed in fine fettle! We really should organise an afternoon jolly one weekend (when it's not snowing). ;)

Friday - Came home from work so tired and stressed that I went to bed at 20h30 and woke up at 9h00. :eek:

Saturday - Pottered around the flat, went to buy a new fishie 8) and ended up in this God awful bar in Shoreditch (Home?) for a birthday party. Lots of Hoxditch Soho rejects in shirts and shoes prancing around to last years so called minimal "classics". :lol: :rolleyes:

Sunday - Joined the protest and had an early night watching Take That on some random music channel. :oops: :lol: ...I have to say I was shocked at how good the concert was. :eek: They're really talented aren't they? Please don't tell anyone but I had a right old sing song. :lol:

Edit - oh and scored Glasto tickets - hurrah!

Fri - After a very difficult couple of weeks, lots of things finally started to click into place so a good long gym sesh and relaxation with the wife over some nice food and a bottle of vino.

Sat - Up early for golf, played like a twat, then home for domestic bliss, shopping and grand national betting (broke even :lol:), out in the evening to the dogs for mates stag do, very amusing especially as he was dressed as the hare and after the last race he decided to jump on the track and run round, he was well oiled..........:lol:!

Sun - Nice lie in for once, pottered around a bit, then played golf (again played like a twat) my worst weekend of golf this year, then home to the wife for food and r&r.

One of the great ones:)8)

Went to Marrakech with the missus. This aint the holiday show & i'm not Ms Chalmers, but highlights as follows:

* Eating in the main square - open air cooking at its best

* the square in general, snake charmers, dancers, story tellers - and still a Moroccon thing - not ruined by to many people like me yet

* incredible historical areas & stunning gardens

* two of the best bars I have ever been to in my life (ta Mark B for tips)

* asking the missus & her saying yes to marry me, on the terrace of our Riad over breakfast.8)

Ding dang do.

One of the great ones:)8)

Went to Marrakech with the missus. This aint the holiday show & i'm not Ms Chalmers, but highlights as follows:

* Eating in the main square - open air cooking at its best

* the square in general, snake charmers, dancers, story tellers - and still a Moroccon thing - not ruined by to many people like me yet

* incredible historical areas & stunning gardens

* two of the best bars I have ever been to in my life (ta Mark B for tips)

* asking the missus & her saying yes to marry me, on the terrace of our Riad over breakfast.8)

Ding dang do.

Congrats :lol:

Ding dang do.
Well done, G-man! Always like a good engagement story. Certainly a better choice than over the loudspeaker at Old Trafford :lol:

Congrats!

Sounds like a good trip.

Back