Weekend Rundowns

Emma_1983

Hey all, how was everybodys weekends?

Im quite excited as I booked my summer holiday yesterday to Zante (not Laganas thank god) for June so hopefully be nothing more then sun, sea, relax, get away from work, stress etc etc

:lol:

Apart from that had a messy night out in London after work on Friday - the more I go out with my work lot the more incestuous they seem (hard to explain :confused:). Lunch with a girl friend on Sat, then the rest of the weekend wanting to sleep - I know we only lost an hours sleep but boy do I feel tired today.......

Fri: Looked after my poorly sniffy hubby - got bored of that by 9.30pm - God blokes being ill is really tedious... But, said nothing as he had nursed me the week before...

Sat: Left sniffy on the sofa, well sniffing really. Went shopping for lots of fresh food to make a tandoori chicken that night - oh and "accidentally" started the 'Summer Holiday Wardrobe Project'...... :oops::oops::oops: Prepared food then "stole" next doors dog for a nice long walk - we (me and dog) got drenched...:cry::cry::cry: Ended up stuffing ourselves (me and sniffy) with lots of lovely Indian food and nibbles all night - created by my own fair hand - was very impressed.

Sun: Woke up befuddled - had sniffy forwarded the clocks or not?? Went for the papers and a nice walk, got the ill person up and I decided I couldnt face the football so went Garden Centre-ing - on and "accidentally" again continued on the 'Summer Holiday Wardrobe Project' oops!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Came home to a miserable and funked off ill husband - so cooked a Sunday dinner to cheer him up....

Other than the football and ill husband - thoroughly enjoyed my weekend...8)

Not a great weekend :confused:

Friday - Went to watch my local club win 3-0, good result but crap match,few beers afterwards then home for a few cans.

Saturday - Watched us lose to Rankers in a game we actually should've won:confused: so obviously i was in bad form over that, that afternoon to add to my woes one team (Reading) let me down in the football coupon for €500:evil: went out with mates and watched Man United destroy Villa 4-0, was supposed to be going out with a girl but she had to babysit so cancelled with apologies at last minute, so i just got hammered drunk and smoked some weed someone had and come 5am everything was a blur so i went to bed.

Sunday - Chilled out/recovered.

Last edited by a moderator:
booooyakasha

El Missus in the londoninium so a weekend long pass out

a boozy one. Friday at Tribeca in Manchester for a mates birthday - nice venue, good do. Then Pro Evo till the early hours

Saturday YET MORE ! painting - then round to see mates kid for the evening - got pretty drunk again. Then Pro Evo till the early hours

Derby day - got hammered but won the game. Will have to learn to show respect and refrain from jumping about when Liverpool score - given I live in a very working class area of Manchester...

Marrakech on Wednesday = 32 degrees (not as good as it seems, I'm a bit of a ging & burn accordingly)

Fri - Wildlife photographer of the year exhibition at the NHS.

Sat - Spring cleaning - followed by a trip to the fymfygbar (Lee Hurst's comedy club in Bethnal Green)...fantastic evening of entertainment at a fraction of the price of the comedy store. Loved.

Sun - Life planning day...pm - fell at the last hurdle and got ratted.

Plans of a smug, clear headed Monday scuppered! :lol: :rolleyes:

Full on weekend!
Started badly by kerbing my car, and getting a puncture!
Friday, went for dinner at the Criterion Grill, a MPW restaurant. Amazing Dining Room, and the Food was good! Went for a few drinks afterwards, ended up in the Social off Regent St! Hip hop, God it s dull!
Saturday, went to see the builders at a development we are doing, then to a snooker Club!
At night, had a few friends over, then went to Rulin at Minstry! Cracking night, not very busy, which was good as you could move about! Musically spot on, Cj Paul Jackson & Jeremy B played, and Jazzy M tore the Box up!
Sunday woke feeling shocking! Then went to see my team get spanked by Newcastle! Wished i'd stayed in bed!!

Stayed in Fri and Sat and went to London on Sun to see Electric Blue sensory art exhibition at theOxo warehouse which was quite good. Popped into Tate to see the Munoz one too which was really good. Went to see a mate at a dutty bar in Hoxton and got last train home.

Oh - any Londoners - what's that huge new bridge thing over Shoreditch High St?!? Looks like it's being held up by two little posts either side of the road :eek: Wasn't there last week! Quickened my pace a bit as i walked under it :oops:

Friday a few drinks on way home the picked up a kfc bucket for family. Mate stayed over so sat up late drinking etc.

Saturday felt rough but had agreed to take the kids to Kidspace while missus had her hair done. Met up with her after and took them to Frankie and Bennys for lunch and had a couple of cocktails as better than a desert;)! Both kids fell asleep at the table so I could eat mine in peace:D! Saturday night had an engagement party at mate's bar which ended up messy as was a free bar and then me and the missus cracked on at home till Sunday afternoon till our little girl was dropped home so then had to play horsey around the living room and kept having my glasses nicked, what is it with kids and glasses??? Rest of Sunday watched footie and then Nanny Mcphee :)evil:sh1te but missus wanted it on and I was too weak and fragile to put up any argument!), then Only Fools and Horses and then Behind Enemy Lines and woke up on sofa around 3 am and decided to go to bed before getting back up at 6.30 for work!

Friday - Met some mates for food & drinks at Suzy Wong's. Went to the opening of a new nighclub called London and blagged our way past the crowd outside only to find the club was utter crap. Two drinks later, off to Solyanka for SecretSundaze in Moscow (on Fridaze :lol:). James Priestly & Giles Smith tore the place apart :D Had a nice chat with James afterwards. Quite friendly. Wish the club had been a little busier as the crowd was lighter than usual (probably due to several other big events around town)

Saturday - Spent the afternoon modding my fancy new cell phone/PDA. At night, made a rare visit to Ikra where Ame played one of the best sets I've heard EVER :D :D :D 8)

Sunday - Afternoon at SportLand to see the boys squeak past 'Boro. Lazy evening at home.

Q for Morbyd.......

How many clubs are there in Moscow? Or how many do you visit?
There are a lot... but there's definitely a core group of clubs that me and my crew visit regularly - Rai, Soho Rooms, Krysha Mira, Garage, Opera, Solyanka, Gazgolder, B1 Maximum, Crisis Genre (last 2 are for live music).

Then there are the ones I go to when they've got something special going on - Gazgallery, Gaudi, Fabrique, Propaganda, Gorod, Mio, Ikra, Cisterna, Club XIII (although XIII, Mio, Fabrique & Propaganda are former regular haunts)

We recently lost Dyagilev to fire, but the guys behind it have 2 new clubs coming. Plus Club/Cafe London just opened, and there are at least 3 others coming soon.

Of course you have your contingent of pop/r&b clubs, smaller places and ones further out from the center - same as in other big cities. Don't forget - Moscow is bigger than London!

Quality is an issue. Lots of play-by-numbers funky house DJs in town. There are some really good tehno DJs around.

I stayed down on the Sahf Coast over the weekend. One of my mates came down on Saturday, so I met him in town and did my washing in the launderette. I put it in to wash, we had a pint, then I put in to dry, and we had another couple of pints. Then I picked it up, but I don't have a washbag so I put it in a black binliner. We decided to have a couple more pints before going to the b&b and dropping our stuff off. This turned into a few more (watching the football) and before I knew it we were outside a curry house having eaten, and it was banging it down with rain, and it was 2.45am. Taxi came, got back, sleep.

Sunday lunchtime, got up. Where's my washing? No sign in my room. Rung the curry house, pub and taxi company. No joy. I must have left it outside the Indian. Every single wearable garment I own apart from what I was wearing. Good job I had my favourite t-shirt and pair of jeans on.

Had to go to shopping today and start rebuilding my wardrobe.

Don't drink.

I stayed down on the Sahf Coast over the weekend. One of my mates came down on Saturday, so I met him in town and did my washing in the launderette. I put it in to wash, we had a pint, then I put in to dry, and we had another couple of pints. Then I picked it up, but I don't have a washbag so I put it in a black binliner. We decided to have a couple more pints before going to the b&b and dropping our stuff off. This turned into a few more (watching the football) and before I knew it we were outside a curry house having eaten, and it was banging it down with rain, and it was 2.45am. Taxi came, got back, sleep.

Sunday lunchtime, got up. Where's my washing? No sign in my room. Rung the curry house, pub and taxi company. No joy. I must have left it outside the Indian. Every single wearable garment I own apart from what I was wearing. Good job I had my favourite t-shirt and pair of jeans on.

Don't drink.

Oh my word :eek:

Don't! I was walking round town yesterday checking everyone out, keeping an eye out for my t-shirts. I doubt anyone will want my Leeds shirt though!

Trust me, I'm more George than Giorgio. Still, time to change that I think. I've bought my work clothes this morning, and now I can go buy loads of new stuff at the weekend (though just thinking about that makes me feel tired!).

Still, I dont think I could afford to buy my whole wardrobe. Again. :eek::lol:

Thursday - Travelled down to teignmouth for fathers funeral on the Friday. Stayed in nice hotel but ate food at a dodgy beefeater type thing on the coast, couple of beers and wrote a tribute to him.

Friday - Very difficult day for the obvious reasons but not helped by anomosity and distgusting behaviour by my family down that way :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:, I was glad to hit the M5 for the journey home knowing that myself and my sister had sent our dad off properly, the way we think he wanted it and I was safe in the knowledge that we wouldn't be seeing these people for a long time yet.

Saturday - Nice lie in, then golf, domestic bliss, shopping with the wife and r&r in the evening.

Sunday - Golf day, North v South, great day out had by all, loads of laughs, sets us up nicely for our trip to Spain later in the year, then home for more r&r and in bed by 9 :eek::eek:!

Don't drink.

Still pissing myself laughing at this when you mailed me yesterday - as is the rest of my office ...... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back