Weekend Rundowns

did you leave at the endthen? we saw Jamie leave, hung on for a while longer but then gave up, must've been about 10 past 5.

what was the last track? Where were you most of the night? I think we split it between the Juno room and what they use to call muscle alley!!

Also do you know where we'll find that DVD they were making? Not sure i want to see it though :oops:

Yes - was in the mosh pit for the duration and didn't move. I've got my spot in Turnmills to the right of the steps near the DJ booth.

They played, "access", "not over yet (haven't lost this hardcore)" and God knows how many others...It was so good to see Pete Wardman back where he belongs!

Can find out from Pilchard, he'll know what was played last.

The 'dvd' is probably going to be a podcast so will let you know when it's out.

(want to go back. :cry:)

Yes - was in the mosh pit for the duration and didn't move. I've got my spot in Turnmills to the right of the steps near the DJ booth.

They played, "access", "not over yet (haven't lost this hardcore)" and God knows how many others...It was so good to see Pete Wardman back where he belongs!

Can find out from Pilchard, he'll know what was played last.

The 'dvd' is probably going to be a podcast so will let you know when it's out.

(want to go back. :cry:)

Also remember Vincent De Moor's Flowtation being played a few times.. brilliant 8)
Cool let me know about the podcast thingy, I wonder how much editing they'll need to do, might take a few weeks :lol:

the last trade sounds amazing.. I was youtube-ing all the "last trade turnmills".. yesterday... looked sooo good! sigh...

Funkin huge dent in wallett!!

But a - i have stayed in all month for it & b - it's my 30th - s0d it.

Emma - don't worry, AA Grill here intends to photo everything and report!

Menu is as below.... were having the lot..

NITRO-GREEN TEA AND LIME MOUSSE (2001)
OYSTER, PASSION FRUIT JELLY, LAVENDER
POMMERY GRAIN MUSTARD ICE CREAM, RED CABBAGE GAZPACHO
JELLY OF QUAIL, LANGOUSTINE CREAM, PARFAIT OF FOIE GRAS
OAK MOSS AND TRUFFLE TOAST
(Homage to Alain Chapel)
menudivider.gif
SNAIL PORRIDGE
Joselito ham
menudivider.gif
ROAST FOIE GRAS "BENZALDEHYDE"
Almond fluid gel, cherry, chamomile
menudivider.gif
"SOUND OF THE SEA"
menudivider.gif
SALMON POACHED IN LIQUORICE GEL
Artichokes, vanilla mayonnaise and “Manni” olive oil
menudivider.gif
BALLOTINE OF ANJOU PIGEON
Black pudding “made to order”, pickling brine and spiced juices
menudivider.gif
HOT AND ICED TEA (2005)
menudivider.gif
MRS MARSHALL’S MARGARET CORNET
menudivider.gif
PINE SHERBET FOUNTAIN (PRE-HIT)
menudivider.gif
MANGO AND DOUGLAS FIR PUREE
Bavarois of lychee and mango, blackcurrant sorbet,
blackcurrant and green peppercorn jelly

menudivider.gif
PARSNIP CEREAL
menudivider.gif
NITRO-SCRAMBLED EGG AND BACON ICE CREAM (2006)
Pain perdu, tea jelly
menudivider.gif
WHISK(E)Y WINE GUMS
menudivider.gif
PETITS FOURS Mandarin aerated chocolate, Violet tartlet, Carrot and orange lolly

sounds like the sort of stuff i used to make as a kid but got told off for being too disgusting:lol: if only i had the vision...

bacon icecream:idea:

sounds like the sort of stuff i used to make as a kid but got told off for being too disgusting:lol: if only i had the vision...

bacon icecream:idea:
I worked at an ice cream shop back in uni.

Our owner once came up with such homespun delights as jalapeno ice cream (quite good... became a regular) and the infamous turkey dinner flavor (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc.) :eek:

The only reason Ben and Jerry's are famous is coz they created loads of mental flavours, it's how they got big and competed with Haegen Daaz (sp).

Hello :lol: Tell me more about the Fat Duck please :D Tom wanted to book it for our wedding anniversary but I'm a veggie and thought it might be wasted on me.........

Sorry to hear your vegetablian Barbie, our thoughts are with you!;)

OK

Had pint in Hinds Head first over the road (also run by Heston B, Michelin starred pub food tho).

The actual place is so unasumming - not even a sign on the wall. Get in there, it's all about white washed walls, exposed wooden beams and some modern art on the walls. Very nice - not overly fussy or intimidating. Service is as you would expect - they move as if choreographed - never say a word to each other & are all French!

I will not go through each course a - it will take more time than I have & b - part of it is the 'what the **** is coming next?!' I had read about diners bursting out laughing/looking astonished at each other - it is utterly true.

First up a choice of champagnes. Then five amuse bouche's (sic?) - the highlight of which was either the lime / green tea ball thing cooked at the table or truffle, on toast, with a dip of parfait of foie gras and quail jelly. I think.

Best of the mains was the pigeon. Unbelievable. A black pudding made of pigs blood and fresh cream to go with it. The salmon poached in licourice was also stop dead - thats the best thing I have ever eaten - stunning. Sounds of the sea I will leave for you to discover.

There is so much theatre involved. Two of the dishes involve a spray being squirted into the air around you - and there are two lots of liquid nitrogen at the table.

Deserts include the nitro scrambed egg & bacon ice creaa. Not very very wrong, in fact very very good indeed.

All in all seventeen courses if you include the sweets at the end. Finished off with a cognac & had 4 bottles of amazing wine. total cost was £200 each including service etc - but given what you can spend on a nightout in Ibiza, of the fact it was 4 1/2 hours in duration (and I aint Rockafella)- I would spend it again tomorrow.

More pics on my facebook - pm me if you want a link to it.

weekend spent in hospital - doped up on free drugs - officially had the worst come down ever from gen anaesthetic and morphine. Been in bed since - bar a couple of hours here and there - finally got up today. Can actually be arsed to see/talk to people. So much for 2-3 days recovery - what a load of bollox - 6 friggin days and counting!!!:(

Wanted to go clubbing tonight but apparently Dr Phil says "No".....:twisted: prbs for the best.....:lol:

Expect it will be a quiet Easter then......:rolleyes:

Back