Weekend Rundowns

Emma_1983

Im a bit quiet today so thought I would start this one off.

How was everybodys weekends?

Mine was:

Friday - went to see a friends boyfriends band play down at a local pub to us, they were actually really really good, some bands you go and see and you just cant get into them but these were really good. Would definitely see them again. They are hoping to support Razorlight at some upcoming gig in Brixton so fingers crossed for them, must be a very hard market out there so to speak!

Saturday - gym in morning, cleaned car out, then early afternoon headed to our friends new flat, 2 of the girls have moved in together and they have an amazing flat, its a brilliant location as they are just on the high st in Leigh on Sea and its a lovely area, lots going on and not far from the beach :lol: so our original plan was a mass sleepover, no drink involved, just non stop eating and watching DVDS, but the plan soon changed and we were drinking in our fave pub up the road until about 9 :confused: the rest of the night involved eating chinese, eating as much processed and fatty foods you can imagine - scotch eggs, sausage rolls in curry sauce, popcorn, biscuits, crisps - feeling very yucky. I thought I was going to burst at one point. We then watched most of S*x and the City, Drop Dead Fred & Mean Girls - great night :lol:

Sunday - felt like I was dying but not from a hangover just a FOOD hangover if there is such a thing......so spent most of the day sleeping, watching DVDs, then laying on the couch when I finally got home

Boyfriends sister had her second baby this morn so am hoping I get to see him tonight :p

I was avoiding thinking about it, but since you started it... :lol:

Friday - Met some former colleagues for drinks at a bar called the Discreet Charm of Bourgoisie. Then joined my mates for drinks at Mio. We all headed out to the hottest new club in town, Soho Rooms, for a while. Afterwards ended up at Krysha Mira. I hadn't been to Krysha for ages and I've forgotten what a great club this is!! :D Nothing like boogeying on a glass-enclosed rooftop dancefloor while watching the sun rise over the river. 8) Resident DJ Spy.Der would be right at home at Cocoon. And it stays open straight through into afterhours. Great night.

Saturday - SportLand for some football in the afternoon. Then home for a little nap. Joined up with the boys again at Soho Rooms, then decided on a repeat visit to Krysha, which was even more off-the-hook than on Friday night.

Sunday - Most of day spent lying around in mild but discernable pain. Made a curry. Played with my fancy new phone/PDA.

Friday - chilled indoors had aches and pains coming so thought let's get it over and done with prior to the Easter weekend so had early night.

Saturday - picked me boy and him and his sister took advantage of my weakended position and kept bundling me, knicking my glasses etc etc. So I took them to the park and then swimming! Both crashed out on sofa at 5 pm and so got them readfy for bed while they slept and neither woke till following morning at 6 am - a right touch as Barry would say!!! So Saturday evening I just chilled on sofa.

Sunday - Took kids for walk overpark in their wellies and got all muddy. Left the kids downstairs for 5 mins when got home while I was upstairs and then thought they are quiet. Strolled back down the stairs to find them in the fridge eating ham, strawberries, dairylea and double cream:eek:!!! My boy jumped up and acted like was nothing to do with him and stood at door rambling to me and pointing at his sister whilst having a big cream cheese moustache! :lol:After that took him home which took ages in the rain as we have to play hide and seek in everyone's front garden and behind their cars so 15 min walk becomes best part of an hour! Rest of Sunday watched last few hours of 24, had dinner and cleaned up the kitchen and listened to latest Release Yourself podcast and read a little. That's all folks!;)

Roll on this weekend. I may start off this weekend plans today! ;)

Well it has been a heads down month in preparation for a masssiiiiiiveeeee blow out tomorrow at the Fat Duck in Bray.

Anyone been?

3 Michelin stars of gastro fun!

woo hooooo!

the only other thing i get this excited for is Ibiza.

Well it has been a heads down month in preparation for a masssiiiiiiveeeee blow out tomorrow at the Fat Duck in Bray.

Anyone been?

woo hooooo!

We expect a full rundown. From the cutlery to everything you ate.
And I mean EVERYTHING.

:p

Fri - Went to London town, went to see the Terry Fincher exhibition at the Getty Gallery then checked out the Photographers Gallery and my usual favourites at the National Gallery. Had a nice lunch at Marco Pierre Whites Criterion. Went on an interesting walk with a Historian chap then a nice dinner at Gordon Ramsays Narrow. Met up with a friend and got a bit merry in the Tate Modern bar. Nice day :)

Sat/Sun - Watched football, rugby, F1 and made cakes.

We expect a full rundown. From the cutlery to everything you ate.
And I mean EVERYTHING.

:p

I've been. I can eat a LOT but after going for the tasting menu i was a bit of a fat duck myself :lol: Quite cheap really if you're driving and only having soft drinks.

Anyone been?

woo hooooo!

snail porridge? hot ice cream?

big dent in wallet? :lol:

Friday - worked from 4 til midnight.

Saturday - worked 11-8

Sunday - worked 7-3 then went to the pub. Ended up pretty drunk

Today - Off work, bit of a hangover. Spent most of the day on the internet buying things I don't need. Off work again tomorrow. Monday & Tuesday off...... great.:rolleyes:

snail porridge? hot ice cream?

big dent in wallet? :lol:

Funkin huge dent in wallett!!

But a - i have stayed in all month for it & b - it's my 30th - s0d it.

Emma - don't worry, AA Grill here intends to photo everything and report!

Menu is as below.... were having the lot..

NITRO-GREEN TEA AND LIME MOUSSE (2001)
OYSTER, PASSION FRUIT JELLY, LAVENDER
POMMERY GRAIN MUSTARD ICE CREAM, RED CABBAGE GAZPACHO
JELLY OF QUAIL, LANGOUSTINE CREAM, PARFAIT OF FOIE GRAS
OAK MOSS AND TRUFFLE TOAST
(Homage to Alain Chapel)
menudivider.gif
SNAIL PORRIDGE
Joselito ham
menudivider.gif
ROAST FOIE GRAS "BENZALDEHYDE"
Almond fluid gel, cherry, chamomile
menudivider.gif
"SOUND OF THE SEA"
menudivider.gif
SALMON POACHED IN LIQUORICE GEL
Artichokes, vanilla mayonnaise and “Manni” olive oil
menudivider.gif
BALLOTINE OF ANJOU PIGEON
Black pudding “made to order”, pickling brine and spiced juices
menudivider.gif
HOT AND ICED TEA (2005)
menudivider.gif
MRS MARSHALL’S MARGARET CORNET
menudivider.gif
PINE SHERBET FOUNTAIN (PRE-HIT)
menudivider.gif
MANGO AND DOUGLAS FIR PUREE
Bavarois of lychee and mango, blackcurrant sorbet,
blackcurrant and green peppercorn jelly

menudivider.gif
PARSNIP CEREAL
menudivider.gif
NITRO-SCRAMBLED EGG AND BACON ICE CREAM (2006)
Pain perdu, tea jelly
menudivider.gif
WHISK(E)Y WINE GUMS
menudivider.gif
PETITS FOURS Mandarin aerated chocolate, Violet tartlet, Carrot and orange lolly

Fri - R&R
Sat - Golf and R&R
Sun - R&R, watched Juno (quite good!)

A very very quiet one this weekend as was done in from craziness at work.

watched Juno (quite good!)
Good film, eh? quality acting all around, good banter in the dialogue. Even a slight twist on the story-you-expected there at the end. It does the "heartwarming film" think without being cheesy. Deserving of that screenplay Oscar and too bad Ellen Page didn't win (although her performance in Hard Candy was probably even better)

Sun - R&R, watched Juno (quite good!)

Just saw Juno, liked it too, a nice feel good movie :D

Trade on sunday, absolute mayhem, loved it. Lots of old Trade classics, including lots of Tony de Vit favourites. Bumped into Robder early on, didnt see you afterwards mate.

Enjoyed sharp boys and Fergie's set, even if it was quite hard, even for me!

Dont think Trade will ever find a better home than Turnmills.

4 days in Barcelona consisting of late breakfasts in the sunshine, paella lunches by the beach, lots of tapas and good wine and generally being manana manana - absolutely heavenly :D

Good film, eh? quality acting all around, good banter in the dialogue. Even a slight twist on the story-you-expected there at the end. It does the "heartwarming film" think without being cheesy. Deserving of that screenplay Oscar and too bad Ellen Page didn't win (although her performance in Hard Candy was probably even better)

my 'quite good' means I liked it alot, I'm not that expressive about films but if you'd have seen my facial expression after the film you would see what I mean :lol::lol::lol:.........agree with all of the above by the way!

This sounded a bit too disturbing for me :eek:

The maddest weekend of the year to date non stop booziness and late nights/early mornings,God im reeking with alcohol :oops::lol:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

As predicted Trade was absolutely massive.

Turnmills was rocking till gone 6pm the following day (that's how many hours? :eek:)...all the regulars were there and the music got harder and faster past the official closing time - we thought it would never end!

People were screaming, punching the air, jumping for the lasers and a few were crying! :lol:

I've honestly never seen anything like it - an important moment in clubbing history for sure. Trade has been going for 17 years and was like witnessing the cumulative effect of all that madness in one night. It's a terrible cliche but Trade was like a family to all that worked there and attended over the years.

Laurence Malice gave a really funny speech is his usual style (through a muffled microphone akin to a school disco) and all the dinosaurs (a really big mix of ages) all behaved like four year olds from start to finish. :lol:

I'll never forget the last bit. Completely deranged, twisted, crazy and everything I'll remember that club for. Pictures are scary too.

The first and last crazy after hours club in London - it's always been my fave and in my mind will never be surpassed.

Now to get on with suicide Tuesday. Urgh.

No more Cross, Key, Canvas, Turnmills, Light Bar, Astoria - blimey what's next? :eek:

I guess it's time to grow up at last.

Turnmills was rocking till gone 6pm the following day

did you leave at the endthen? we saw Jamie leave, hung on for a while longer but then gave up, must've been about 10 past 5.

what was the last track? Where were you most of the night? I think we split it between the Juno room and what they use to call muscle alley!!

Also do you know where we'll find that DVD they were making? Not sure i want to see it though :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back