Weekend rundowns

Fri - Went for a few bevvies and to catch a movie - no country for old men with my new chica. Good movie though not sure about all the oscar accolades. Maybe Im just uncultured! Great cinema at the top of Bethnal Green road and brick lane. never been but you can drink beer in there which is good for me!

Sat - Took my sis and the faaaaamly out for her bday meal and some drinks in Potters Bar (close to where the family lives) - lovely little thai restaurant

Then back into town to meet up with some mates and head to Hat Club at SE1. Met the promoters of this in Berlin last week who kindly put us on the g-list. Was suprisingly good if not a bit commercial but after Panorama Bar last week a bit of non-serious clubbing was just fine. Rest of the gang went on to the Unit 7 after party and I also think the after-after party at Kubicle!! I wisely called it a night to be fresh for.....

Sun - WEMBERLEEEEEE! Great day out! Spurs fans were tremendous! Ended up in Drunken Monkey on Shoreditch highstreet after the game doing tequilla shots and eventually passing out.

Word up people

Friday, stayed in, watched Simpsons movie. Funkin awfull. Simpsons at best when being satirical, not really any of this & the plot was soooo predictable.

Saturday was all about the rugby, brilliant performance by Wales and England. OK by Ireland, but Scotland really are dire.

You could almost call them the Newcastle of Rugby. Good on paper, but the 'best' players have no pace. What has happened to Duff? Does he enjoy the bottle too much or something? My gran is quicker over 10 yards. Heart goes out to Sir Michael of the Owen. Come home come home.

Then went to see a mates band & to the ex Paradise Factory to see theo parrish.

Now two impressions.

1 - I just dont dig the music. I was warned by my mate what to expect. A full mix, literally 10 minute trumpet solos without a beat, jazzy house, dub, hip hop & then towards the end some (thank god) techno. I felt like the deaf man in the room of the hearing - most of my mates were in near tears of emotion!! I nearly went home to put a Sven Vath CD one!

2 - But conversely, what a DJ. I'm sure mixing progressive or techno to a clubbing standard aint easy, but the full journey across the spectrum of different styles that he pulled off was incredible. A grudging admiration for sure - you never knew what he was going to pull out next & the crowd genuinly loved it.

Venue far far to packed tho until the last couple of hours & some incredibly shady gangster folk in gangster cars outside. Felt like Manchester 1992 (not that I was about then!)

Sunday = couch, emotional, pizza, no sleep :x

Three day weekend for us out here.

Friday - Was coming down with something flu-like so came home from work, made dinner, and curled up under the blankets with some anti-virals and the latest episodes of Lost and Terminator-Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Saturday - Slept all day. Lazy afternoon. Felt better in the evening so headed over to Just Another Bar for some pre-party action. Former Spotlight regular Andy Daniel was spinning. Arrived just as they were resolving some issues with electricity so had a little chat with Andy. A few drinks, a light boogy, then over to Soho Rooms and finished up the night at Rai.

Sunday - Slept late, had some nightmare about the Carling Cup final which I'm sure actually takes place next weekend. Drinks in the bar at Soho Rooms and then back to Rai for their 1st anniversary party. David Guetta headlined, playing his usual crap (though not quite as bad as at Pacha last summer) and the place was rammed beyond belief. Came home around 5 and watched the last couple hours of the Oscars.

Monday - Another good lie-in, then trekked out to Ikea to pick up a few things for around the house.

Derby are ****ter, no one is slating them as much. Just people coming out from the woodwork to slate Newcastle, seeing an increased number of Spurs fans claim their allegiance lately too.

P.S. Weekend consisted of dissertation pain and absolutley nothing vaguely fun, interesting or fulfilling whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derby are ****ter, no one is slating them as much. Just people coming out from the woodwork to slate Newcastle, seeing an increased number of Spurs fans claim their allegiance lately too.

I think you'll find generally people dont dislike Newcastle, in fact for me it's one of those teams I wish do well, not sure why, probably their loyal fans and efforts to play good attacking football. The problem this season is they were too quick to get rid-off big Sam and everyone other than their fans were a bit bemused as to why they thought Keegan would be the saviour.

Anyway, great weekend for Barca, and if anyone wants to have a laugh at the expense of Real Madrid please look at this goal they conceded on sunday (japanese commentary adds to the comedy value)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxM2sW61xi8
(Robben's face is priceless!)

Two points behind!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What I wanted this weekend: Steve Lawler at Unit 7, lots of lie-ins, peace and quiet.

What I got this weekend: 3 crazy-mad spurs fans (husband + 2 brothers) talking non-stop in their irish accents from thursday night to monday morning. Thank god they won...

:twisted:

thats cos everyone including Derby knows that they aint the best in the league, and were expecting some kind of struggle.

newcastle on the otherhand were and always will be dreaming of some silverware, but will never win anything cos you just aint patient enough!

as for crawling out of the woodwork, all the spurs supporters on the board have always been on here. its just that our club has something to shout about for a change, and arent a laughing stock. its the geordies turn to be tabloid fodder.

The problem this season is they were too quick to get rid-off big Sam and everyone other than their fans were a bit bemused as to why they thought Keegan would be the saviour.

agreed, I think keegan will be the demise more than a saviour but I bet he quits before it all goes tits up, in his post match interview with bbc he looked like a man who hadn't slept for a week :lol::lol:!

Shakey manager at a shakey club.....!

Newcastle has a perfectly good manager who given time would have made them into a top 6 side. However for some reason the Geordies think they have some divine right to play good football. well you earn the right to play good football. Clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona sack managers after winning leagues and European cups if not won in the right way. However they are a million years away from either of them.

I think also the huge anti-Geordie stuff that has come out goes back alot further than just Keegan coming back. The media have built Newcastle and it's fans up to be some sort of footballing hotbed with unrivalled passionate supporters. Well where was this support prior to Keegan saving Newcastle from going down to the old third division? Newcastle used have to attendances off 15,000 and some games 9000. However once the messiah turned up then all of a sudden Newcastle were this huge sleeping giant that was going to win everything!

Newcastle has not won anything for over 50 years but for some reason the Geordies think they have a divine right to win trophies. No one has that divine right, you earn it. Can any Newcastle fan honestly say they are better off with King Kev? After a merry go round of managers since the Messiah had originally left they needed to stabilise and therefore should have sat tight with Big Sam.

Stayed in, read some book, made some cakes, listened to the wireless, shouted at the telly, wandered around the countryside :) Splendid.

Newcastle has a perfectly good manager who given time would have made them into a top 6 side. However for some reason the Geordies think they have some divine right to play good football. well you earn the right to play good football. Clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona sack managers after winning leagues and European cups if not won in the right way. However they are a million years away from either of them.

I think also the huge anti-Geordie stuff that has come out goes back alot further than just Keegan coming back. The media have built Newcastle and it's fans up to be some sort of footballing hotbed with unrivalled passionate supporters. Well where was this support prior to Keegan saving Newcastle from going down to the old third division? Newcastle used have to attendances off 15,000 and some games 9000. However once the messiah turned up then all of a sudden Newcastle were this huge sleeping giant that was going to win everything!

Newcastle has not won anything for over 50 years but for some reason the Geordies think they have a divine right to win trophies. No one has that divine right, you earn it. Can any Newcastle fan honestly say they are better off with King Kev? After a merry go round of managers since the Messiah had originally left they needed to stabilise and therefore should have sat tight with Big Sam.

You talk sense..... I like you ......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, Ashley wanted to sack BSA when he came in, he gave him a few months to prove himself, and he didn't. So Ashley did what he wanted to do intitially and restructure the whole thing, so fair play I think. Although, in hindsight, maybe BSA would do a better job of completing this season and then maybe Ashleys plans come into force in the summer and Kev could buy players to suit his formation. You gotta bear in mind the football Kev likes playing, even at City he had brilliant attacking midfielder types, at Toon he has Nicky Butt et al. :eek:

To be fair, Ashley wanted to sack BSA when he came in, he gave him a few months to prove himself, and he didn't. So Ashley did what he wanted to do intitially and restructure the whole thing, so fair play I think. Although, in hindsight, maybe BSA would do a better job of completing this season and then maybe Ashleys plans come into force in the summer and Kev could buy players to suit his formation. You gotta bear in mind the football Kev likes playing, even at City he had brilliant attacking midfielder types, at Toon he has Nicky Butt et al. :eek:

Do you know "Kev" well then...... ?

You gotta bear in mind the football Kev likes playing,

its called losing at all costs. :lol:

jesus, we had ardiles and his 5 up front, great when it worked. dire when it didnt. aint the sort of football that wins you anything...

you look at all of the sucessful sides who have achieved something in the last few years, all of them have had a good core, and have added to it.

it would be better to judge newcastle next season as thats when it'll be kev's side. and will soon see if he can cut it.

Back