Weekend rundowns

Robder

Saturday...Corsica Studios - Elephant & Castle = excellent new venue! :-0

(at least I think it's new)

Plenty of space to mill around, really friendly crowd, no queuing for anything, nice cafe bar area, suitably grimey...really had that DIY warehousey feel. 8)

Not to mention Derrick Carter who frankly blew my socks off.

'Brand new fiction' parties come highly recommended.

Quite reassuring when you consider how many London night spots have (or are about to) close their doors of late. :cry:

SUNDAY:

7145-11.jpg

:lol:

fantastic performance by Spurs. Chelsea were never at the races.
spent 120mins stiffling any emotions for fear of getting lynched.:lol: - which is more than i can say for those "Club Wembley" coporate guests, cos we saw at least 3 scuffles. :lol:

was sat next to Paul Furlong and his kids, who once played for Chelsea but is a lifelong Spurs supporter8)

Plenty of space to mill around, really friendly crowd, no queuing for anything, nice cafe bar area, suitably grimey...really had that DIY warehousey feel. 8)

Quite reassuring when you consider how many London night spots have (or are about to) close their doors of late. :cry:

That's a pretty old venue isn't it an art gallery in the day:lol:

Ditto :D Absolutely loved everything about the Corsica Studios as a venue - really well organised, good crowd, no queueing, plenty of places to explore...........and as for Sir Delboy of all things Boompety Boomp, what a genius :D

We like LOTS :D:lol:

That's a pretty old venue isn't it an art gallery in the day:lol:

Yes but it's only recently that I've seen it appearing on clubbing posters all over the capital.

I think it's going to be another one of those regular "secret" :rolleyes: 'warehouse' venues soon like Hearn St car park & Cable St Studios etc...

I can imagine it really taking off and being given a big refurb eventually to turn it into a 'proper' club.

It reminds me of Fire in Vauxhall before it was posh and the decks were perched on milk crates. :lol:

Friday - had a well needed night in with some home cooked food. Watched the Shining - EEEEK! Got very scared and I'm glad I don't have to sleep on my own anymore :lol:

Saturday - Domestic Goddess in the day... then in the evening we went to see Steve Lawler at Unit 7 (another new "warehouse" venue). I was really impressed with the venue, a nice underground feel about it, great sized rooms, the main room was big with lots of room to dance and funky lighting, then there was a smaller bar room at the back with loads of comfy chairs and places to chill out. Great venue. Not too grimy either but still retaining that warehouse feel. The bar was reasonably prices (£2 a water and £3.50 a beer) and the smoking area was well organised.
The only bad points I heard were that apparantly there weren't enough mens toilets.... Jon was queuing for ages... although there were at least 8 girls toilets and I didn't queue once - makes a change for the men to be queuing!!
Thought Lawler played a good set and was definately back to his banging best! The crowd were loving it and he seemed to be really enjoying himself. He finished at 5am though which was disappointing as he was down to play until 7am... I will check out and see if I can find out why he finished early.
They had a man on the door outside organising cabs, jumped straight in one at 5.30am and was home in 15mins - excellent!

I really like the new venues popping up around London since the closure of some of the bigger clubs, I'm looking forward to checking out more of them!

Sunday - slept all morning then got down the pub at 2pm to watch the cup final and drink lots of beer :)

Unit 7 (another new "warehouse" venue).

That's been going since 2004 Bec - keep up! ;) :lol:

Have they sorted out the aircon yet? Last time I went there I had to leave because it got too hot. People were literally being carried out on stretchers because they were overheating left, right and centre. :eek:

That's been going since 2004 Bec - keep up! ;) :lol:

Have they sorted out the aircon yet? Last time I went there I had to leave because it got too hot. People were literally being carried out on stretchers because they were overheating left, right and centre. :eek:

Well it's new to me ok! At least it hasn't been open since the 1960's like your "new warehouse venue" lol :lol:
There were quite a few freaks in there, plus a fetish club next door (which Jon seemed quite keen to check out :rolleyes: :lol:).
I thought the temperature was fine in there, it wasn't hot really at all, only when you got right at the front and danced a lot! They must have sorted the aircon out then because I had no problems with the heat, and I normally notice these things!

Friday - stayed in, been feeling very emotional and a bit upset about things this week so ended up blubbing on the bf :rolleyes: but he soon cheered me up and we even had a game of darts to make ourselves laugh (random yes but my dad has a darts board in the spare room)

Saturday - mooched about at home, tidied up as 2 friends were coming to stay, they finally arrived early afternoon so we headed out for some lunch/drinks/catching up with other friends, the night soon turned messy, cocktails, wine, cider you name it, but a really good night, was the latest night out I have had in ages (rock n roll :lol:)

Sunday - didnt feel as bad as I expected, the bf was worse then me thanks to a night out he had for his mates bday, so we went for a walk along the seafront in the sunshine to clear away the cobwebs, had some ice cream, got some holiday brochures in town then back to his to veg for the afternoon

Lovely weekend :lol:

Fri: Pub hopped in Gibralter
Club Salsa Feugo music was cheesy pop was with friends had a laugh

Sat: Dinner in Gibralter
Then Club in La Linea Porto bello one dance floor Spanish pop other dance floor house/electro mix good DJ crowd was good. The only complaint floor was wet and slippery (pissed down rain all night). I will check it out again another

Sun: lunch with in Sanlucar El Rancho had a side of beef that was huge meal could have been for two. great food
Tea house for houka smoke (tutti fruiti) enjoyed the place was hotter than july inside only stay for one pipe.

Salsa dancing at Mucho teatro called it a night at 3 am

Mon: Will chill today and recover

plus a fetish club next door (which Jon seemed quite keen to check out :rolleyes: :lol:).

Yes - the whipping rooms!

That's a safe space for transgendered people and their admirers. They have a fetish technno night sometimes called Kaos with loads of trucker types in floral frocks and fishnets roaming around dark rooms.

Hilariously funny if you're not prudish or easily offended.

Definitely think we should take Jon there. :lol:

Yes - the whipping rooms!

That's a safe space for transgendered people and their admirers. They have a fetish technno night sometimes called Kaos with loads of trucker types in floral frocks and fishnets roaming around dark rooms.

Hilariously funny if you're not prudish or easily offended.

Definitely think we should take Jon there. :lol:

I think Jon was hoping more for girls with big boobs in leather rather than hairy trucker types in dresses lol :lol:

Fri - Opted against the gym and headed to the pub for a couple of swifties to celebrate my new job, then home to cook for the wife and r&r.

Sat - Had a lovely lie in, domestic duties and then golf (must admit felt a little shaky all morning, must be the mixture of wine and beer I had :lol:), out in the evening to a new 'to us' resturant which has had great write ups and I'm not suprised, good cosy pub food, great atmosphere and very reasonable in price, home to relax and what motd and enjoying seeing Newcastle getting destroyed......:lol::lol:....god they are ****!

Sun - Up early for what ever reason, wifes head in books, mine in outstanding paperwork, went to the gym, and then to view some potential investment oppurtunities and a nice long walk (with my wife :lol::lol::lol:) around the my new golf club which is currently being built, home for mexican and chilled in front of the box.

Fri: had a lovely night in with the hubby and crap TV got very very chilled and relaxed - and then the funniest thing happened after half a bottle of wine each, the husband threw a whitey - that is the first I have seen him throw one in like 10 years - I was laughing so hard I nearly joined him.....

Sat: Phil prepared and cooked all day for his chinese banquet - whilst I shopped and bought new dress, necklace and new FM shoes.... tres gorgeous they are too!!! Came home to watch the match - urgh at Eduardo's injury, then to the pub for the Man U Newcastle debarcle - oh how we laughed - that's 11 goals conceded to Man U this season.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sun: healthy walking day, went over to South Shields for a walk through the parks and the sea front - ended up in the fairground, which I can honestly say has the same rides there that they had when I was 10 - its shocking!!! Got completely ripped off with food prices too :lol::lol::lol:and so ended up in the pub for an hour then a bracing walk in the wind along the pier - but it got so windy and cold that we turned back half way along and went back to the car, we also got **** on by a seagull but apparently its good luck so ......

A good weekend - feeling quite chipper this morning.... 8)

The weekend is all a bit of a haze!! Friday morning forked my back, so took to bed trying to get it sorted, icing etc etc!
Sunday, up early, swerved the Size night, went to the Pub in Marylebone High St, few scoops, then got the train to Wembley!!
Cracking day, perfect result!
Spent most of last night drinking Champayne in Wandsworth, making plans for the next round of Uefa in Eindhoven!
Happy days!

Fri: had a lovely night in with the hubby and crap TV got very very chilled and relaxed - and then the funniest thing happened after half a bottle of wine each, the husband threw a whitey - that is the first I have seen him throw one in like 10 years - I was laughing so hard I nearly joined him.....

Sat: Phil prepared and cooked all day for his chinese banquet - whilst I shopped and bought new dress, necklace and new FM shoes.... tres gorgeous they are too!!! Came home to watch the match - urgh at Eduardo's injury, then to the pub for the Man U Newcastle debarcle - oh how we laughed - that's 11 goals conceded to Man U this season.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sun: healthy walking day, went over to South Shields for a walk through the parks and the sea front - ended up in the fairground, which I can honestly say has the same rides there that they had when I was 10 - its shocking!!! Got completely ripped off with food prices too :lol::lol::lol:and so ended up in the pub for an hour then a bracing walk in the wind along the pier - but it got so windy and cold that we turned back half way along and went back to the car, we also got **** on by a seagull but apparently its good luck so ......

A good weekend - feeling quite chipper this morning.... 8)

This happened to my best friend walking up the high street on her lunch break - I have to say when she phoned me to tell me I burst into laughter - although im sure its not funny all the same :p

Back