Weekend Rundowns - i know its early

mambobirdette

But ive had such a great weekend :D

Friday - Stonebridge @ Foundation - Wakefield
Such an enchanting little evening :lol:

Meet up with Stonebridge, Barry and Ronster @ Hotel in Wakefield and sit down to eat. I had some lovely lamb but didnt eat it as when she explained to me that it was cooked a little pink she wasnt kidding. I could actually taste blood so that put me off :confused:. Not to worry id actually ate a burger king about an hour previous to that :lol:

I have not had a night out like this in aggges, it was such a relaxed night with an excellent non-pretentious crowd.

Club was nicely done out and quite dark in the main room. There was a gorgeous little VIP bar and another bar room off the main room which played more charty tunes but the majority of people were really going for it with Stoney. There was a very strange moment where we all took out shoe off to join in with a large number of lads, must be their thing :confused: :lol:.

At the end of the night i couldnt walk (new shoes) :rolleyes: but i kept dancing away :)

We popped back to stoneys room for a pot of tea and some buscuits :lol:, how hardcore are we :lol:

We got home at 5.30am and then woke up at 2pm Saturday afternoon. Joey fancied some chips from Bilston so we drove 12 miles for the best chips in the world. Popped over to my moms to drop in my little brothers b'day presents and then came home and fell asleep watching friends on channel 4. Apparently i was snoring again and making very strange noises :eek: :confused: :lol:.

Today i got up at 9am and got Joey out of bed at 10am and done a little bit of shopping and popped in to see my brother for some of his catapillar cake :lol:. Then went over to Joeys brother to munch on little baby luka. Feeling very broody at the moment. Then popped to Big Wok which is an all you can eat chinese buffet.

Very mixed weekend but i enjoyed Friday so much and i havent enjoyed myself like that since Ibiza so its been a long time coming. Thanks Stoney ;)

I had a fab wkend too, probably one of my favourites of the year :D

Friday we met Jamie, Rach, Sync, Jon and Bec for drinks, almost managed to kidnap Jon and Bec but they resisted temptation :eek: :lol: got into Heaven at 10.30, no queueing which was a bonus :D Danny T came on at 1 but due to my eyes not working I didn't realise he was playing til 1.45 and instead thought the lighting bloke was DJing :oops: OMG what a set, never left the dancefloor all night, having problems remembering what was played :confused: can only remember Spaced Invaders, Layla, Finally and Intro (where I exploded :lol: ). Good to see some old faces (Nish ;) Crofty, Marcus, Russ) and nice to meet Joseph :D At 7am Danny T comes on the mic and says he doesn't have to stop playing so is going to play another set for us :eek: He's probably still playing now :lol: We ended up leaving bout 8am cos my legs felt they had concrete bocks attached to them :lol: had the best of intentions to come home but somehow invited ourselves back to Alex's with him and Jamie, kidnapping Crofty and his lovely wife in the process ;)

Usual lucozade shenangians followed and Alex tried to teach me how to DJ :lol: Bloody hell, it's hard this DJing malarky isn't it, not only do you have to think what you're playing next, you have lots of knobs to play with :eek: Realised I'm probably not cut out for DJing but think I'm going to go into partnership with Jamie so we can be like Smokin' Jo and Tim Sheridan whereby Jamie does all the hard work and I just choose the odd record and bint round the DJ booth a bit :lol:

Get a call from Rachel wanting the number of the nice mushroom delivery man ;) He only agrees to deliver from West London to South London :lol: Pop in and say hi at Rachels, get more and more destroyed, by 4pm realise there's no point going home and then back out to Ministry so ring the mushroom man (again) who delivers (again) :lol: At 11pm think there is no way I am going to get to Ministry and I'm still in the same clothes that I'd had on for the last 30+ hours but Tom persaudes me we could just pop in and say hi cos we're on g/list and it's technically on the way home :lol: Somehow I get a second lease of life, Smokin' Jo and Tim Sheridan were sooooo good again (this is definitely my fave night in London at the mo) and we ended up crawling out there at 6am focusing on survival and standing upright unaided :eek:

Spent today drinking rose and learning how to eat again :lol:

Had a lovely weekend .. and received a lovely present from the one and only Mr. Krivit, which made my Saturday ! :D :eek: (Sorry for the name dropping, I know how crass it is, but I was :eek: :eek: and :D )

Spent yesterday shopping for Hollie's bedroom in Ikea and came away with lots of light up little stars to put around the dining room ...

Other than that .. was very peaceful !

Started off at the wedding anniversary at some quite nice hotel in dirty ol' Cricklewood. Spent most of the night chatting with a belly dancer, then a pole dancer (they follow me everywhere :lol: ). We drank the place dry of Champagne & wine so decided to cut loose and head down to The Cross to meet up with S-Express & friends. Pole dancer was coming with us until she realised getting back to Banbury could be difficult.

Called at half a dozen cash points on way there which were all out of order but got lucky at a petrol station.

First time at The Cross and was pretty impressed! Smaller than i expected, but i prefer this sort of sized venue. Tried to sort guest list but couldn't get hold of contact in time :rolleyes:

So, had an wicked night. Excellent to meet up with S Express, Sam, Gemma & Tim. Thanks guys ;)

Back to in-laws around 5:30 pretty destroyed as they say but managed to get up early and head back to Sheffield. Lucky for me Ang wanted to drive so i only had to endure the responsibilities of co-driver :lol:

Downside to evening: Spending £150 on cabs :eek:

Had a great weekend!

Friday meet a friend who I usually see once a month, for civilised beer after work. At 9.00 pm we were completly drunk (and this is just wrong in Spain :eek: :oops: ) so we went to hers and followed beers and silliness and other things till 5.00 am.

Saturday, Pep's birthday party! After a delightfull dinner in a surprising local restaurant, went to the bar we rented for the party. Lots of friends came around, the birthday boy got lots of presies and I was the music selector (ipod, no decks) so lots of 80's tunes and everybody happy with it ;). Finished the night completly drunk with Pep's assistant who was the only person in the party who was more drunk than me :lol: :rolleyes:

Sunday, all day in bed, only left to see Barça loosing first league match :(

Friday:
Had a great time at Heaven. Spent most of the time in the Bora Bora room, where DJ Gee absolutely rocked it.. fantastic atmosphere all night.
Popped down at the end to catch the end of DT's set and some spotlighters.
Soon bumped into Rustywoo, who guided me towards the rest of the gang, and I'm convinced I was dancing besides them!!

Barbie, were you lot dancing very near DT, by a pole, just by an arch way at about 5.30 (till 7 ish)?? (I think you were wearing pink?)
If it werent you lot, I mustve scared the crap out of that group because I spent most of that time squinting my eyes trying to work out if it was you or not.. :oops:

Saturday: daytime went to Turnmills for Becomenone.

Sunday saw Barcelona loose.. :(

Ferd said:
Friday:
Had a great time at Heaven. Spent most of the time in the Bora Bora room, where DJ Gee absolutely rocked it.. fantastic atmosphere all night.
Popped down at the end to catch the end of DT's set and some spotlighters.
Soon bumped into Rustywoo, who guided me towards the rest of the gang, and I'm convinced I was dancing besides them!!

Barbie, were you lot dancing very near DT, by a pole, just by an arch way at about 5.30 (till 7 ish)?? (I think you were wearing pink?)
If it werent you lot, I mustve scared the crap out of that group because I spent most of that time squinting my eyes trying to work out if it was you or not.. :oops:

Saturday: daytime went to Turnmills for Becomenone.

Sunday saw Barcelona loose.. :(

another quiet one then?!

Are you coming along to Rhythm Factory in a couple of weeks mate?

Stu Hirst said:
another quiet one then?!

Definitely mate.. 8)

I'll be getting a few of the Ibiza mates to come along as well. We can have a mini Ibiza reunion in east london.. :lol:

Friday night - stayed in, watched Ripley's Game and drank wine

Saturday - bought a lovely new bed from Next

Saturday night - went out for dinner for friend's birthdays then all 16 of us ended up in Trash so was a very good night

Sunday - had lunch with parents and gran and got macdonsj's bday pressies sorted out

Sunday night - ate curry and watched Monster - hard film to watch :cry:

Ferd said:
Stu Hirst said:
another quiet one then?!

Definitely mate.. 8)

I'll be getting a few of the Ibiza mates to come along as well. We can have a mini Ibiza reunion in east london.. :lol:

sounds good !

Where can I get some hierbas??!!
:D

hierbas_mayans.jpg

Mmmm.. Hierbassss... ;)

Another massive one this weekend and the forth successive weekend of polishing off a bottle of stolichnaya with little or no help :eek:

Friday night went along to the FANTASTIC Limbic @ Infinity. Not heard of the venue before but it's absolutely awesome.. kind of like the rhythm factory but on 2 floors and slightly smaller.. Excellent sets from Nick C, Georgie and Andrew Kilzer 8)

Next night had a house party in Soho and it was easily the biggest one I've been to - probably 200 people there at a guess and I DJed all night.. since DT was in town, decided to emulate one of his 10 hr non-stop sets, dropping the first tune at 10pm and playing the last one at 8am :eek: Fabulous night with people dancing on the kitchen benchtops and minxiness of every description!!

Sitting at my desk feeling completely zombied out.. have to get myself together for a meeting in half an hour!

going to a mad party in Clapham!!

promises to be a belter!!!

Upcoming Dj on the decks, promising an eclectic & pumping set, if we can keep him off the "little uns" long enough!!! ;)

jjinit said:
going to a mad party in Clapham!!

promises to be a belter!!!

Upcoming Dj on the decks, promising an eclectic & pumping set, if we can keep him off the "little uns" long enough!!! ;)

Erm and the rundown for the weekend just gone dear? :lol:

Ferd said:

Yay that was us, I became quite attached to that pole by the end of the night, it was keeping me upright at times :eek: :lol: You should have said hi :D

Back