Weekend Run Downs

One thing they need to sort out is the queueing outside. Members at Turnmills usually go straight in and take preference over ticket holders. This was not the case on friday and there were many disgruntled members queueing with me for nearly 1 hour on friday. I hope this was a one off. And to be fair there were always going to be teething problems, so overall a very enjoyable night.

ferd in "has to queue up" shocker!

dont they know who you are! ;)

ITS A GENUINE QUESTION!

I'm trying to understand the mind of a mad man.

Seriously - Rangers and Celtic fans (you see, both sides of the coin) act as if they have won the world cup when they have won a two team play off.

Does this not negate the extreme joy felt? Serious question I think?

for Scotland only having 2 teams who ever do win the league ...there are only 3 just now who win the English Premiership!!!

u should ask Man Utd fans the same question!!!

for Scotland only having 2 teams who ever do win the league ...there are only 3 just now who win the English Premiership!!!

u should ask Man Utd fans the same question!!!

given Arsenals barren patch - thats 2 in reality

even allowing for 3

3/20 can win in England = 15%
2/10 can win in Scotland = 20%

;)

fri: really good food and even better company at Carnevale, one of the best veggie restaurants around.

Spent the rest of the weekend in my sick bed with the dreadded manflu.
I did get to see this weeks brilliant episode of Dr Who. Seeing UNIT fighting the sontarians took me right back to my childhood and the days of third doctor and the Brigadeer.

Went to Scotland for the weekend to meet the missus family.

Ate loads of grub and got wet as funny enough p1ssed down Friday and Saturday and then was baking hot on Sunday!

Watched the OF game with a load of mad Sweatys who supported Celtic and trying to convince how it is the greatest derby of all! Knickers! Much prefer Chelsea, Yids or Millwall away on a dark cold evening under the lights in November or any dark cold month!;) However was a good game and the Sweaty Socks were bananas!

Done a bit of shopping for the kids clothes, Ben 10 toys and another Scooby Doo van!!

Little girl had Eartha Kitts all weekend possibly due to teething which she passed onto us all at some stage over the weekend which was nice of her. Then to cap it off my little boy slept on flight home, woke up puked on me and then went back to sleep which was nice of him too!

Got back last night took missus out and little girl out for dinner and then caught up on load of junk mail etc shoved through my door!

Great weekend! :D

Friday - Got held up late at work, went home to pack, then straight to a Renaissance party in a very cool round warehouse where Serge Q got the crowd ready in style and Nic Fanciulli played a pretty good set of bleepy tunes. Afterwards, went home, ate breakfast, got ready and...

Saturday - ...headed straight to the airport to fly to London. Short nap on the plane. Checked into hotel. Ate a street cheeseburger and headed to the stands for Chelsea v Man U :D :D :D Started drinking before the match and continued with our usual post-game crew for several hours afterwards :lol: Joined them for a very wet Turkish dinner, then walked the missus home and headed to Elephant & Castle where I met up with the good Mr Philly Cent for a pint (great to meet you, sir!). Then into Ministry for Danny Howells. The club wasn't too full, which was nice. Weird tunes going on in the bar up until Marc Hughes came on and jacked things up to a proper level. Danny was good as ever... as much as I remember of it! :lol: Good to see some of the Spotlight gang (and my sincerest apologies for whatever dribble I was babbling all night as it's all a bit fuzzy :lol:)

Sunday - Got to sleep in a little bit but not much as the missus wanted to go for a walk around Brick Lane. Acted as her spotter while she took photos. That part of town is like the United Nations :lol: Love it. Although we failed, at our 2nd attempt, to get a table at the Big Chill for Sunday roast, so we settled for a curry. Came home and watched the Chelsea v Man U replay :lol:

Monday - Day Trip! Went to Brighton. Froze our butts off but saw what there is to see (especially enjoyed the rides on the pier.. took me back to childhood summers on the US East coast!). Had an early dinner at The Regency (thanks Barbie!). Back to London in the evening and crashed out.

:lol: :lol:

I honestly didn't believe he was serious! I could have funded a third of my taxi ride home :lol:

How'd Jaded go? I really wanted to do it but I was afraid of the wrath of the missus if I was unable to move on Sunday afternoon...

Jaded was awesome. You would have liked it as it goes, the last guy played some tune called "Noze - You Have To Dance" about an hour from the end, then again as the last record (as it got such a good reaction first time round)- it just sounds like a load of Russians chanting about boozing or something! It was the first time I heard it, and the whole place went mental for it!

Highlights also included a modern version of Snap - Exterminate which sounded ace

Awesome weekend all round really. I suppose I shoudl elaborate on my previous post...

Fri - out with the future Mr & Mrs Hunter for a veggie meal - very pleasantly surprised with the standard of the food, really might consider it as an option in the future ;)

Sat - Shopping in Bluewater by day then Howeller by night - didn't spend nearly as much time in the main room as I would have wanted, though I thought he was utterly amazing. Proper funky, exciting, straight up house music that put's every other working DJ to shame.

Afterparty at Jaded (see above), then back at a pals house til 'far too late' Sunday. I'm only just coming round from the ordeal!

Back