Weekend Reports

Buckley

....with added smugness from me. Managed the whole weekend booze free!

Amazed at how much we packed in with no long pub sessions or hangovers.

Friday - exciting Friday night shop at Sainsburys with ths missus followed by sitcomtastic night in. Watched 'The Island' (Ewan McGregor, Scarlet Johannson, Sean Bean) - watchable if derivative

Saturday - meeting with my mate who manages the house I let out for me in the morning. Disastrous comedy 6-5 loss at footy. Luckily only a friendly - work to do!
Popped home to pick up the missus and then went to a nice local pizzeria.

Sunday - Spent the day in Greenwich. National Maritime Museum, Royal Observatory etc. Lovely down there. I lived in East Grenwich i.e. Charlton:lol:, whenI first moved back to London from Uni - missed all the great stuff then though.

Sunday night - Got some great burgers from 'The Diner' in Kensal Rise and then watched Four Lions - most amusing!

Fri working/sweating in Hangzhou China

Sat working/sweating in Ningbo China and night time out on the razz (can I expense the 100RMB I gave to the man with the dancing monkey ????) Nightlife in China is something else....

Sun working in HK, still sweating, mainly eating deep fried animal parts.

Back home on Weds to some normality then its all roads lead to IBIZA 2 weeks today:eek::eek::eek:

Fri - Hilton Hotel kindly invited me and a colleague to a posh ball - so we felt it rude to turn down free drink and food - :D Wasnt all that, home by 12.30 slightly drunk but not too bad but boy did I feel it the next day - bloody wine!!! :spank:

Sat - Felt rank all morning - in fact didnt get up til 11.30 forced myself to go out and purchase all the ingredients to make tandoori chicken - felt a bit queasy quartering and skinning a chicken but it tasted fabulous so all good - no alcohol tho to accompany said meal..

Sun - Felt marvellous!! Sunday papers in the garden then a brisk seaside walk following by Sunday lunch and a brisk walk back to the car - caught up on crap TV and had a lovely relaxing day/night...

i'm getting in the smug gang with Buckers......one glass of wine all weekend!

weekend as planned really - the ****ness of having to work for a bit both days, some time at the gym and some time getting last bits and bobs for Ibiza tomorrow....

i'm getting in the smug gang with Buckers......one glass of wine all weekend!

weekend as planned really - the ****ness of having to work for a bit both days, some time at the gym and some time getting last bits and bobs for Ibiza tomorrow....

I forgot my Saturday morning smugness - completely unexpected £3k cheque from the taxman!8) (While £5k actually by my accountant wisely took the £2k I owed him and sent on the difference:lol:)

Friday - Amnesia for Primal Scream, Alfredo, Rocky & Diesel, Terry Farley. Still washing the jizz stains out of my shorts, amazing.

Saturday - Sat in pub all day waiting for 1am flight as couldnt get late checkout. Ran up a 60 euro plus bar tab!

Sunday - Slept all morning then caught up on any rugby I missed while away.

A quick round up of my ibiza trip, making it my 10th year in a row now going over.

WLS was better than last years. Worst of it (and probably of the entire trip) were the DJ's closing the sunset terrace, not sure who they were, they looked like a couple of 19yr olds, but it was very cheesy electro. I mean I like some cheese on that dancefloor but not the dirge they were playing, thankfully Technasia, Jeff Mills and Groove Armada saved the day.

Went to blue Marlin next day, very nice food (lobster was to die for), and excellent service, just about worth the money. Then off to DC-10, where I spent most of the time on the terrace, Tania vulcano and Keri Chandler were amazing. It was my first time dancing on the terrace for about 4 years, definitely going back next year.

Tuesday was all about cox, first time for me on a Tuesday, I usually see him for Space closing. My best night of the trip. Thought Carlo Lio started things off perfectly in the new terrace with some uplifting but quite rocking tech-house, then saw all of diggers, on top form followed by Cox. God i love those ice cannons in the discoteca 8)

Villa party on weds followed by the annual trip to Cream on thursday for the trance fix. Above & Beyond were great, they do exactly what they say on the tin, i could probably tell you half their song list before they play, but it's still great fun and definitely worth going to if you like a few sing alongs ;)

Chilled friday and saturday with the usual trips to es vedra and sunset.

now to book next years trip!

A quick round up of my ibiza trip, making it my 10th year in a row now going over.

WLS was better than last years. Worst of it (and probably of the entire trip) were the DJ's closing the sunset terrace, not sure who they were, they looked like a couple of 19yr olds, but it was very cheesy electro. I mean I like some cheese on that dancefloor but not the dirge they were playing, thankfully Technasia, Jeff Mills and Groove Armada saved the day.

Went to blue Marlin next day, very nice food (lobster was to die for), and excellent service, just about worth the money. Then off to DC-10, where I spent most of the time on the terrace, Tania vulcano and Keri Chandler were amazing. It was my first time dancing on the terrace for about 4 years, definitely going back next year.

Tuesday was all about cox, first time for me on a Tuesday, I usually see him for Space closing. My best night of the trip. Thought Carlo Lio started things off perfectly in the new terrace with some uplifting but quite rocking tech-house, then saw all of diggers, on top form followed by Cox. God i love those ice cannons in the discoteca 8)

Villa party on weds followed by the annual trip to Cream on thursday for the trance fix. Above & Beyond were great, they do exactly what they say on the tin, i could probably tell you half their song list before they play, but it's still great fun and definitely worth going to if you like a few sing alongs ;)

Chilled friday and saturday with the usual trips to es vedra and sunset.

Can you remember the days when most of us would just bother to eat when we got back home... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

xray_v5n5_one_trick_ponies_banner.jpg

(I'm just jel because I've not been since 07)

Opposite end of the spectrum to Buckers weekend.

Fri: Returned from a week in a lovely country cottage on the Northumberland coast with my girls. Great time had by all, despite the very British weather. I wish I lived in the countryside!:lol:

Sat: Celebrated 10 year anniversary since I set up my business, so took all 23 staff to the Hotel Du Vin in Harrogate and had a ball. Ocean of drink and mountain of food consumed.

Sunday: Wept at the bill when checking out, but everyone was happy, so job done.

Now on a serious 7 day health kick as I've got the Paras' physical selection test on Sunday (ten miles, cross country, boots, 16 Kg pack :lol: in 1hr 50 mins), just for fun.

Can you remember the days when most of us would just bother to eat when we got back home... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My trips have been a bit like that this year actually :oops: ... have lost a frightening amount of weight over the Summer and am now taking on the semblance of an Ethiopian marathon runner... it's not nice... also think I have been burning muscle big time as despite all the exercise am feeling completely drained.. should be super-fit by now ! Need to go on a crash weight gain diet before the closing or I may just evaporate completely on the dancefloor at DC-10 :?: :confused:

Back