Weekend Reports

agentundercover

I'll start. Lovely weekend in food and drink heaven Ludlow. Had loooong boozy lunch at La Becasse, highly recommended to anyone ever in the area & drank lots of fine wine & cheese. Me at my happiest:p.

Pretty much as written in the 'plans' thread, with some spaces filled in between...

Fri - Krysha Mira pre-party, more drinks at Rolling Stone bar, an hour-long stop at the strangely empty nightclub Rai, then Solyanka for a live performance by D-Pulse and some very good resident DJs.

Sat - Watched English football all afternoon. Met friends for drinks at a fancy new restaurant/bar called Marusya. Finally got around to checking out this new nightclub Up & Down. Then to Discoteque for a killer set by Sander Kleinenberg :D (Confirming my suspicion that he intentionally dumbs down his sets at Pacha Ibiza, where he was horrible when I saw him at Pure Pacha last year :evil:)

Sun - Spent much of the day with the laptop in bed. Made an amazing dinner of tuna steaks, cannelloni and asparagus with lots of fresh herbs. Booked my New Years trip. Stayed up way too late.

Sat: Little boys school xmas fayre, great fun! night time: father-in-laws 60th birthday bash, great fun :)

Sun: Suprise 40th party for a pal. Saw loads of people not seen for years, a couple of beers turned into several gallons:spank: Plans to put up the xmas tree vanished round 5pm.

Mon: Hangover from hell:oops:

Bloody brilliant weekend:

Behind Bars on Sat - in the basement of a grimey squat on Walworth Rd.

A small maze of concrete warehouses with UV backdrops everywhere - only accessible by a pitch black staircase (and law suit waiting to happen). As usual with this party it was a fantastic atmosphere and really great crowd. The crusty contingent getting down with punks, gays, Shoreditch creatures and a healthy smattering of trans. :lol:

Very lawless - lots of scary things going on in dark corners but overwhelmingly friendly.

Music - Dubstep, 90s techno, hardcore, deep house and breakbeat with loads of bizarre performances in between.

Once again my faith in London has been restored. DIYers are getting frisky again and something very Berlinish appears to be kicking off beneath the surface. 8)

Paying penance today though. :cry:

Friday was work xmas party.....lots of drink, messy affair, partying in the West End, nearly missed the last train back to Essex but made it with 9 mins to spare :confused: I then had to wait 20 mins at the other end in the pouring down rain for a cab.....I looked like a drowned rat :(

Saturday had the worst head EVER, felt like a brick was laying on top of it. Had a shower and some alka seltzer which really perked me up....I even managed to do some xmas shopping (although still loving the fact I have done most of it online :lol:), had a quiet night in to myself so usual Saturday night TV. Picked the folks up from their xmas party :spank:

Sunday went out for some Sunday lunch with the bf, more mooching round shops, then back to his for a lazy afternoon with xmas films and dinner lovely jubbly ;)

... checking out this new nightclub Up & Down ...
how is it ?

... Krysha Mira ... Rolling Stone bar ... Rai ... Solyanka ...
... Marusya ... Up & Down ... Discoteque ... in bed ...
what ?!?
"only" 7 locations last weekend ?
is morbyd getting old ?

... back in his heyday he went to 15 clubs on friday and 25 clubs on saturday :lol:

Pipe down there, Icey :lol:
Those nights are reserved for when there's nothing special going on. 2 very good appearances (D-Pulse & Kleinenberg) required a longer attention span :lol:

Up & Down was OK. Typical over-the-top Russian nightclub interior design. Hot dancers all over the place. Especially liked the gold-plated statues of people in various states of dress... like the one with the guy giving a girl oral sex.

But the music was horrible and the crowd very suburban. Not somewhere I'll be heading back to soon. And I really couldn't figure out what that Pacha magazine advert was talking about :lol:

... And I really couldn't figure out what that Pacha magazine advert ...
2v1vgo8.jpg

... was talking about :lol:
2ee8ua8.gif

A small maze of concrete warehouses with UV backdrops everywhere - only accessible by a pitch black staircase (and law suit waiting to happen). As usual with this party it was a fantastic atmosphere and really great crowd. The crusty contingent getting down with punks, gays, Shoreditch creatures and a healthy smattering of trans. :lol:

Very lawless - lots of scary things going on in dark corners but overwhelmingly friendly.

Music - Dubstep, 90s techno, hardcore, deep house and breakbeat with loads of bizarre performances in between.

Once again my faith in London has been restored. DIYers are getting frisky again and something very Berlinish appears to be kicking off beneath the surface. 8)

I wana go to one of your raves!

I wana go to one of your raves!

I thought it sounded a cut above the average weekend shenanigans too :)

funk me. now i'm aware i would not be a vip so could be accussed of the green eye, but that sounds like a nightmare!

i'm not going to pretend i'm underground like a rodber warehouse rave, but luxury and ambition...private jets?!!

Where pray, is the love?

tell me morbs tell me the places you describe are not like this!

tell me morbs tell me the places you describe are not like this!
:lol:

Well... depends on which ones! Most of them, no.

This place certainly was not. Not even close. They probably just wanted to think they were going to be when they bought this ad before they opened. :lol:

funk me ... private jets?!! ...
... even a ****ing FLEET of private jets ! :lol:

these kind of degenerated morons and douchebags are sooooo yesterday
with their "luxury" and "vip"-bull**** -
some of those slowpokes should do something useful like **** themselves,
go bust or commit suicide :)

ps:
i wonder whats going on these 30 (!!!) "separate" restrooms :lol:

Back