Weekend Reports!

Hey guys

Havent posted on here in aaaages. How is everyone?

Thought I would get back in the spotlight routine and do a post as had a great weekend at the closings. Thought it would be my last trip to Ibiza (6th visit) but properly reawakened my love for the Island and realised why I love it so much, which has always been the chance to dance in the daytime and go to afterparties, with friendly and smiley people, which I think the closing parties are one of the few chances to do that now with new rules. Went with 14 people including 4 newbies and everyone agreed it was one of the best

Thurs - arrived on flight after making it to Stansted with Easyjet gate shut and begging to be let on flight! Was in massive luck and some lovely check in woman sorted me out. Arrived about 1130, checked into Jet in PdB (we were given the nice new orange ones above Delano…loved them eventually after initially thinking they were too classy for us!)

Went to Monza closing about 2am. Thought main room never got going and everyone I spoke to thought the same. Highlight was the Villalobos set but even that was a bit flat. Would have been a disapointing night but 3 hours in the Cocoloco Room from 5am to 8am saved it. Thought it was excellent and will always be the best bit of priviledge until they refurb the main room I think

Fri - Bit of trash time till early afternoon on the balcony at Jet all dancing around like idiots and then futile attempt at sleep for few hrs. went to Delano's which was directly below us for dinner about 7pm. Were playing some cracking tunes and didn’t return to the apartment until 7am as by midnight the place was packed. Music was spot on pushing, bouncy tech house with an awesome crowd. Best DJ was this French girl from Hackney who is a resident at Egg. Lots of extremely amusing incidents including my mate who is usually Mr Friendly going absolutely loopy for about 4hrs, ranting at everyone, walking around PdB trying to get taxis to PdB, going into bars along PdB trying to settle his tab at Delano's etc etc and then not remembering any of his behaviour about 4hrs later

Sat/Sun - EPIC day.Blue Marlin for lunch and sun bathing as was one of the girls with us Bday. Great afternoon and again cracking tunes. Chilled evening and then got to Amnesia at 3am. Was absolutely rammed so found a spot in Matinee room (terrace) at back. Most of mates left at 7am but a few of us stayed with some Colombians we had met at Monza who got us into the upstairs bit. Best decision ever…..9am to 3pm Sun arvo Luciano, Hawtin and Marco Carola blew me away. Best and friendliest atmosphere I have ever experienced in Ibiza and terrace was going bananas. Hawtin pounded the place into submission. Left and after brief chill got to Ushuai for Luciano closing party at about 7/8. Again blew me away. Loved the tunes,vibe and crowd at Ushuaia and massively welcome addition to PdB. Left at about 11am to get flight and back at 4am in Ldn and to work for 730am start. Ouch!

Overall met so many new people there over the 3 days that will keep in touch with which honestly havent wanted to do last cple of yrs given a certain rowdy nationality bowling around. Amnesia felt like a spanish party (felt like we were the only english speakers by the morning….Spanish people just don’t need sleep!) and would much prefer that over Cocoon closing I think. Ushuaia and Delanos are a lot of fun and when passing by Borra Borra looked flat which was a shame. Only regret….too short and not making DC10.

PS Grego/Anyone….do you now where I could find that version of Yello that Ritchie dropped as was my tune of the day!

Hey guys

Havent posted on here in aaaages. How is everyone?

Thought I would get back in the spotlight routine and do a post as had a great weekend at the closings. Thought it would be my last trip to Ibiza (6th visit) but properly reawakened my love for the Island and realised why I love it so much, which has always been the chance to dance in the daytime and go to afterparties, with friendly and smiley people, which I think the closing parties are one of the few chances to do that now with new rules. Went with 14 people including 4 newbies and everyone agreed it was one of the best

Thurs - arrived on flight after making it to Stansted with Easyjet gate shut and begging to be let on flight! Was in massive luck and some lovely check in woman sorted me out. Arrived about 1130, checked into Jet in PdB (we were given the nice new orange ones above Delano…loved them eventually after initially thinking they were too classy for us!)

Went to Monza closing about 2am. Thought main room never got going and everyone I spoke to thought the same. Highlight was the Villalobos set but even that was a bit flat. Would have been a disapointing night but 3 hours in the Cocoloco Room from 5am to 8am saved it. Thought it was excellent and will always be the best bit of priviledge until they refurb the main room I think

Fri - Bit of trash time till early afternoon on the balcony at Jet all dancing around like idiots and then futile attempt at sleep for few hrs. went to Delano's which was directly below us for dinner about 7pm. Were playing some cracking tunes and didn’t return to the apartment until 7am as by midnight the place was packed. Music was spot on pushing, bouncy tech house with an awesome crowd. Best DJ was this French girl from Hackney who is a resident at Egg. Lots of extremely amusing incidents including my mate who is usually Mr Friendly going absolutely loopy for about 4hrs, ranting at everyone, walking around PdB trying to get taxis to PdB, going into bars along PdB trying to settle his tab at Delano's etc etc and then not remembering any of his behaviour about 4hrs later

Sat/Sun - EPIC day.Blue Marlin for lunch and sun bathing as was one of the girls with us Bday. Great afternoon and again cracking tunes. Chilled evening and then got to Amnesia at 3am. Was absolutely rammed so found a spot in Matinee room (terrace) at back. Most of mates left at 7am but a few of us stayed with some Colombians we had met at Monza who got us into the upstairs bit. Best decision ever…..9am to 3pm Sun arvo Luciano, Hawtin and Marco Carola blew me away. Best and friendliest atmosphere I have ever experienced in Ibiza and terrace was going bananas. Hawtin pounded the place into submission. Left and after brief chill got to Ushuai for Luciano closing party at about 7/8. Again blew me away. Loved the tunes,vibe and crowd at Ushuaia and massively welcome addition to PdB. Left at about 11am to get flight and back at 4am in Ldn and to work for 730am start. Ouch!

Overall met so many new people there over the 3 days that will keep in touch with which honestly havent wanted to do last cple of yrs given a certain rowdy nationality bowling around. Amnesia felt like a spanish party (felt like we were the only english speakers by the morning….Spanish people just don’t need sleep!) and would much prefer that over Cocoon closing I think. Ushuaia and Delanos are a lot of fun and when passing by Borra Borra looked flat which was a shame. Only regret….too short and not making DC10.

PS Grego/Anyone….do you now where I could find that version of Yello that Ritchie dropped as was my tune of the day!

Just read this and thought f uck it - now booked for next year 1-5 July on the back of your review, nice one mate!

The lak.....can u confirm pls cos I can't quite believe I read it right.

You went to work on the Monday morning??:eek:

fri - after work, home to help look after my nephew who was staying the night - tiring stuff

sat - still looking after the wee one and then a night of being v.tired later

sun - up early for the football. intended to have a couple of beers with breakfast before going as the early kick off ruled out the pub - forgot. Got to the game about 40mins before we usually stumble in and found ourselves at a loss - soon to change with 2 early goals and plenty of broo-ha-ha as usual. in the end a 2-1 victory and smiles all round

head to the usual boozer for some post-match drinkies before heading home - had a concert to go to

had some quick food then onto the Pixies at the SECC

cracking gig - made all the better knowing we got a 2nd encore that Dublin didn't get and our 2nd encore was much longer than Londons after us :D

much tribulations getting a taxi home afterwards tho'
had to walk into town to get one and got home v.late :confused:

The lak.....can u confirm pls cos I can't quite believe I read it right.

You went to work on the Monday morning??:eek:

How is everyone?

Thought it would be my last trip to Ibiza (6th visit) but properly reawakened my love for the Island and realised why I love it so much...

Best DJ was this French girl from Hackney......

Sounds great 8) Epic but fantastic.

French Girl from Hackney, is that near Paris :?: :confused: :lol:

So, let me get this straight, you got to Amnesia at 3 am sunday morning, after being at Blu marlin for the day, then stayed there until 15.00 pm Sunday afternoon, then you had a brief rest, only to head to Ushuaia for the evening where you stayed untill 11 pm (?) to get an ealry morning flight to get to work for 7.30 am Monday :confused: :confused: :?:

If so, how the funk was monday at work :?: :lol:

Grego/Welovewilliam

I can in fact confirm I went to work on Monday morn! Got in bed at 4/430am and was up at 7am to get to work. Monday was painful but somehow I was actually reasonably productive. Was in bed by 9pm on Mon and Last night though. Today is the first day im feeling like a normal human being! Although I am still getting highly emotional about ridiculous things. I was reading about Sampdoria doing well in Serie A this year….the plucky underdogs….and tears started to well up! That’s called the blues!

Not quite sure how I did that stint except I took a few power naps over the weekend that meant I felt fresh. Probs 1-2 hrs a day. By the time I got to the Ushuaia party I was on my last legs but when I heard the music, just woke me up. I think the other thing that saved me was that It was a relatively unmessy weekend. By 8am at Amnesia I was just drinking soft drinks and water and was just feeding off the vibe and music and only started to flag a bit at 1pm . All the spanish/South American people we had met accused me of being some sort of loser for wanting to go home so got given my "2nd wind" by them at that point!

Agent. Glad my review convinced you! Think you should def consider closings though. Blew me away!

The french girl is a dj called La Gosse

Just looked her up. That’s the one! Good work. La Gosse. Thought she was quality. Much more varied style than all the other DJ's (who were all still really good). She had a S**t load of attitude which I liked. Was telling her I liked the DJ playing and she said to wait because she would be much better, which she was to be fair.

We convinced her to come and play at my mates Bday party on Fri but this was before he went loopy so she might rightly think he is a moron now!:lol::spank:

Grego/Welovewilliam

I can in fact confirm I went to work on Monday morn! Got in bed at 4/430am and was up at 7am to get to work. Monday was painful but somehow I was actually reasonably productive. Was in bed by 9pm on Mon and Last night though. Today is the first day im feeling like a normal human being! Although I am still getting highly emotional about ridiculous things. I was reading about Sampdoria doing well in Serie A this year….the plucky underdogs….and tears started to well up! That’s called the blues!

I take my hat off to you, again its sounds like a great weekend. Are your friends feeling the post Ibiza flu/blues also :?: I bet the newbies were blown away :eek: :lol:

And its Liam ;) :lol:

I take my hat off to you, again its sounds like a great weekend. Are your friends feeling the post Ibiza flu/blues also :?: I bet the newbies were blown away :eek: :lol:

And its Liam ;) :lol:

Think everyone is feeling it. Think myself and the mate that went loco hit it the hardest as most of our mates went home at 7am at Amnesia and we stayed with some of the people we had met, so feeling it the most.

Newbies loved it the most. Was awesome seeing them going for it because couple of them were quite nervous about coming as wernt big ravers.

Ps sorry Liam!

Back