Weekend Reports

Morbyd

Quite a weekend out here in Moskva! I'd feel better about it if I weren't so tired in the aftermath.

Friday - Met a couple of mates for dinner. Then went to Soho Rooms for the seasonal re-opening of their rooftop terrace dancefloor. The party included a performance by De-Phazz (a stripped down version, not the full band, but still good). From there, over to Krysha Mira for afterhours. We went a bit early, around 4, but the place was already heaving and people were properly up for it. Watched the sunrise over the Moscow River from the rooftop dancefloor and headed home around 8ish.

Saturday - Spent much of the day asleep or in a catatonic state. Watched half of Man U v Arsenal. Saturday was Moscow's annual Night in the Museum so I stopped by a couple of art galleries and related parties.

One of the galleries was right next to Rai nighclub, so I wandered in there to watch Eurovision. Afterward, I went to the historic Manezh exhibition hall (just outside the Kremlin) which had been re-purposed as EvroDom (EuroHouse) for the official Eurovision afterparty :D :D :D Watched as various entourages arrived from the concert venue and the DJ interspersed somewhat poor dance music with songs from the show. Cheesy fun :lol:

Sunday - Got next to no sleep before having to meet up with friends for brunch. Then went home to take a nap and watch Chelsea v Blackburn.

That evening, the missus and I headed back out to attend a birthday party for one of the members of Moscow fashion design trio FreshArt. These guys were the stylists for Armenia's entry into Eurovision, and they must have spent all the proceeds on this party! :lol: Very nice evening. The place was full of Russian, Georgian and Armenian pop stars, most of whom I didn't recognize :lol: Apparently, these people always carry mini-discs with their back-up music with them to parties, because each and every one of them got on stage at some point to sing a song or two :lol: It was like a cabaret. Fun time.

Fri - lovely quiet night in with scrummy food, wine and DVD's

Sat - up early, drive to Liverpool for Phil's last home game fo the season, he was happy with the result 8) Spent some time with the in laws, tried to salvage my 14 year old nieces botched hair dying disaster - :lol::lol::lol: Forgotten what it was like to be 14 and desperately trying to look cool and cutting edge.... Watched the Eurovision Song Contest and found it very dull in comparison to last years - :oops:

Sun - spent the day in Liverpool seeing all the new developments, shopping in Liverpool One and then moved on to the Docks etc for lunch and a visit to the Tate.

Really lovely weekend, before the carnage of next weekend :lol::lol:

Friday - quiet couple of pints with two old friends turned into 6 pub, 11 pint, 3 sambucca crawl.

Sat - felt quiet fresh remarkably. Accompanied a friend to hospital for an endoscopy and then headed to Windsor for the night, next day.

Saturday night - Dinner at The Harte and Garter's brasserie, The Tower. I'm naming it here so you all know to avoid. Looks nice, straight across from Windsor Castle and the menu looks ok. Unfortunately, half the food on it was unavailable. Perhaps if the waiter had mentioned the specials there would have been enough choice, but I only found out about them when I walked past a tiny chalkboard on the way to the toilet, after I'd ordered. That trip's purpose (nice!) was curtailed by a lack of toliet paper, which was probably for the best given that there was no way to dry my hands if I'd washed them. No hand dryer or paper towels, just empty wicker baskets where I presume some form of towel should have been.

Returned to the table for the waiter just poured the wine, without asking if it was palatable or even giving us a chance to find out. Oh well, at the food was coming. Ah, the food - is rare steak black on the outside and dark brown inside? Left my main and told them I wouldn't be paying for it.

Didn't spoil the evening though - very funny watching some blatantly married people playing away in the hotel bar:lol:

Sunday - Windsor Castle is great. Much as I'm a republican at heart, history, even of the monarchy, is fascinating. Also went on the Windsor Wheel and confirmed I still have vertigo:lol:.

Back to London in the evening and went to the flicks for the new Star Trek film. Never been into the thing, but it was quite entertaining

Highlight of the weekend for me had to be a visi here:t
1284252622_402713c1b0.jpg

Designed by Sire Christopher Wren, with just the pillars around the side, the local authorities insisted they weren't enough to support the building. They granted permission only on the condition that pillars were included under the main body of building too.

Entirely convinced that he was right, he built it so that the pillars not around the edge were not quite tall enough to reach the ceiling above them - ie. they took none of the building's load whatsoever.

I absolutely love that stubborness. 8)

(Yes, I am aware what this says about me:lol:)

Friday - stayed in with a chinese

Saturday - paid last bit of holiday and also been told the ban has been lifted on flights to Mexico so extremely happy about that :lol:, Stayed in Sat night and vegged again (we are skint no change there)

Sunday - lazy morning, then round to bfs for his mums b.day/family do.

Nice relaxing weekend.

fri - started packing up the flat for the move

sat - wedding of one of my best mates, really great day and party after

sun - more packing, good result for us in the footie, watched Lost finale again and was still like wtf? :lol:

Sun - spent the day in Liverpool seeing all the new developments, shopping in Liverpool One and then moved on to the Docks etc for lunch and a visit to the Tate.

Isnt Liverpool a great city 8) Liverpool One is decent, but not when the weather is poor (which is quite often :rolleyes:), they could have designed the (sort of) roof better, good shopping though.

Friday - few beverages in my mate's bar en route home. Opted for Fosters instead of Kronenbourg or Strongbow as i didn't want to get too gazzeebowed(stolen from Michael McIntrye)!

Saturday - weather was a bit iffy so me and the kisd just ransacked the house and played hide and seek all day! I think my children have my eyesight as I had behind their curtains 5 times and therefore my legs and size 10 feet were clearly on display but even after the 3rd 'i'm over here' they could not find me! Evening was usual TV stuff, Primeval and Britains Talent and probably some off old rubbish that I can't recall.

Sunday - kids got up early and decided to tip a tub of talcum powder over each other's head and over the carpet! They smelt lovely but they looked Casper or something from The Ghosts of Motley Hall!!! Anyway after that took them with me food shopping and ended up with Ben 10 toy, Little Miss Naughty cuddly toy, Night garden yoghurts and a cooked chicken! Rest of the day, watched Monsters Inc, had some bundles etc. Watched some documentary last night about childrens home on channel 4 but was a bit too much for me so I retired to bed.

Monday - work - cockahoop!

Torture Garden birthday ball - was just as brilliant as I remember. I can't believe they're 20 next year! :eek:

Loads of brilliant costumes and 2000-odd pervs from all over the world. Watched various performances including live piercings and people swinging around on meat hooks :eek:, a butcher abbatoir tunnel with loads of strobe lights and men covered in blood dressed as pigs, fashion shows, cabaret performances, whipping benches, fully equipped dungeons and general loveliness everywhere. :lol: The music was great too.

(it's not nearly as dark as you might imagine - the atmosphere is actually really upbeat and silly, it's just like a big circus really.)

The funniest part was crossing the road outside SEOne to get to the smoking compound in front of cars dressed in a bumless corset and inflatable gimp mask. :lol:

Oh TG - finally something we have that Berlin doesn't.

I love London again. 8)

on saturday evening, I went to the imperial behind leicester sq to see friend who was djing (she had to wait till the eurovision ended) arrived in time for "and now for the score from the azerbaijan jury" on the screen. Loadsa nordics gathered in the place taking it deadly seriously (insert stereotype cliches here) then hotfooted up to the player, caught up with old buddy, also djing; (new inxs re-edit sounded boss) then the girl I'm after turned up BUT with rival admirer, terrible awkward tension for 2 hours... FFWD to 2am; I lost. Made excuses; sent some instantly regretted bile-filled texts; tried in vain to find cab; waited for hour for N171 at holborn in cold, whilst kebab-munching wasted bling-saturated cocks around me cackled and farted into the night sky. A feeling overcame me akin to intense despair. Brown's Britain in its full glory.. thank fck for ipods. Sunday; awake with beast of hangover, intense hate and self-loathing and decided to do a forrest gump and start running aimlessly to clear head, but unlike him, got tired fairly soon after, so instead I walked and walked and walked across much of South London and then met up with some old cronies in some boozer in clapham and drank and drank and drank whilst atletico and valencia played out some meaningless guff on the screen beind us.

Next stop: cable launch on thurs. Bring ittt. :twisted:

Isnt Liverpool a great city 8) Liverpool One is decent, but not when the weather is poor (which is quite often :rolleyes:), they could have designed the (sort of) roof better, good shopping though.

we had a good wander round - but your sooo right - it hammered down yesterday and we got soaked several times - but hey no - hailing from the NE its not that often we get solid sunshine all day :lol::lol:

We have decided that we need to spend more time down in Liverpool, to do more things like this - the amount of money injected into it for this City of Culture is fantastic - the town centre is really starting to look good again...

We are going to book into a city centre hotel for a week and do all the touristy stuff in the summer - we cant escape the family when we stay at his mums - everyone descends and we have to go and visit all his bro's and sis's etc etc :lol::lol:

We have decided that we need to spend more time down in Liverpool, to do more things like this - the amount of money injected into it for this City of Culture is fantastic - the town centre is really starting to look good again...

We are going to book into a city centre hotel for a week and do all the touristy stuff in the summer - we cant escape the family when we stay at his mums - everyone descends and we have to go and visit all his bro's and sis's etc etc :lol::lol:

A week might be pushing it :lol:. The summer pops are normally good fun, you should take a look. And yeah the city has been completely rejuvinated, they've done a fantastic job, the town centre is sooo much better since the chewing gum removal, the place was covered in it :confused: :lol:

we had a good wander round - but your sooo right - it hammered down yesterday and we got soaked several times - but hey no - hailing from the NE its not that often we get solid sunshine all day :lol::lol:

T'was there on Sat myself - Liverpool one is the fruit of the past few years for me & i'm still working on it. Good to hear people enjoying it.

Back