Weekend Reports

Morbyd

We know someone here ran a marathon over the weekend (go Liam!).
What did the rest of you get up to?

Friday - Met up with friends for drinks & snacks at a new Chinese noodle & dim sum bar. Next up was Soho Rooms for the aftermath of the annual NightLife awards. A very pregnant Kelis came onstage to perform a 5-song set. From there, over to Rai for Martin Solveig...seemed like a great set but I might just have been too wasted to notice otherwise :lol: Stopped of elsewhere for an after-hours boogie before buying a bunch of random pastries on my way home :lol:

Saturday - Dragged myself out of bed to go to SportLand and watch Chelsea dominate the Hammers and still only win 1-0 :confused: Went home for a nap, then met up with mates at a new club called C.A.O. for an Organique Grooves party (funny little event with live drummers and people handing around maraccas and tambourines :lol:). Didn't stay long as a huge new club called Milk was holding an Amnesia Ibiza party with Darren Emerson, Xpress-2, Mar T, Brian Cross, et.al. Got there just as Xpress were finishing :( but Emerson rocked it :)

Sunday - Dragged myself out of bed to join friends at a new New York style brunch thing a couple of my crew are organizing at bar/cafe KitchKock. Went home an lied about the house all evening.

Didnt know Kelis was preggers :lol:

Friday we went up Lakeside to do a bit of shopping, that place gets worse and worse by the week. Full of chavs and kids hanging around with nothing better to do.

Saturday we went to Southend, had a mooch about the shops (yes shops again), went and sat in the sun near the seafront as it was rather sunny. Sat night was out with some friends for friends bday. Was nice to go along and get a bit merry rather then completely plastered and make a fool of myself as I am known to do :lol:

Sunday we went out and about in the sun, was even warmer, I think I even caught some as well on my face :lol:

Now trying to ignore stories of "pig" flu as we have 8 weeks till Mexico :spank:

Didnt know Kelis was preggers :lol:
Me neither until Saturday night... she was huge. 7-months, she said.
Full of chavs and kids hanging around with nothing better to do.
American youth shopping mall culture invades UK :lol:
Sometimes, growing up in suburban hell, there really was nothing better to do!
Now trying to ignore stories of "pig" flu as we have 8 weeks till Mexico
Unfortunate timing! Hope it all clears up by then!

Me neither until Saturday night... she was huge. 7-months, she said.

American youth shopping mall culture invades UK :lol:
Sometimes, growing up in suburban hell, there really was nothing better to do!

Unfortunate timing! Hope it all clears up by then!

I know - I think the press/media are making a bit of a big deal out of it so am trying to ignore all TVs and newspapers but my lovely worklot are making it so much better - not :spank::lol:

Friday - Went to see Incognito live at the Camden Centre...world class evening for the 6th time. I'll never miss one of their London gigs till the day I die.
Then onto Trailer Trash for Pilchard's birthday which was a shock after an evening of fluffy Acid Jazz. :lol:
That alleyway outside on the rocks really is priceless. Definitely one of the funniest experiences to be had in London.

Saturday - Park/Drunk/Singstar on Pilchard's PS3 - rocked it. 8) (2 unlimited never sounded so good.)

Sunday - More park time.

Properly destressed from a hellish week at work so back on form now. :D

We know someone here ran a marathon over the weekend (go Liam!).
What did the rest of you get up to?

Friday - Met up with friends for drinks & snacks at a new Chinese noodle & dim sum bar. Next up was Soho Rooms for the aftermath of the annual NightLife awards. A very pregnant Kelis came onstage to perform a 5-song set. From there, over to Rai for Martin Solveig...seemed like a great set but I might just have been too wasted to notice otherwise :lol: Stopped of elsewhere for an after-hours boogie before buying a bunch of random pastries on my way home :lol:

Saturday - Dragged myself out of bed to go to SportLand and watch Chelsea dominate the Hammers and still only win 1-0 :confused: Went home for a nap, then met up with mates at a new club called C.A.O. for an Organique Grooves party (funny little event with live drummers and people handing around maraccas and tambourines :lol:). Didn't stay long as a huge new club called Milk was holding an Amnesia Ibiza party with Darren Emerson, Xpress-2, Mar T, Brian Cross, et.al. Got there just as Xpress were finishing :( but Emerson rocked it :)

Sunday - Dragged myself out of bed to join friends at a new New York style brunch thing a couple of my crew are organizing at bar/cafe KitchKock. Went home an lied about the house all evening.

isn't that cheating?

FRIDAY - Day off so shopping with missus and lunch at my mate's bar. Got my little christening there this weekend so had to part with a few quid to pay for the grub. Missus was out at night so quiet night in with my little girl and watched couple of hours of The Wire.

Saturday - took kids shopping and missus wanted their haircut. Anyway it all went wrong! The woman who done my daughter thought she was shearing sheep! Jessica now looks like Waynes World and my little boy looked like he was in the band The Monkees! Had a row about it with the missus as I blame her as she recommended this hairdresser! I would rather have let Stevie Wonder loose on the kids hair! Anyway only one option for my boy, out came the clippers when we got home. As for my little girl well funk knows what we can do with Little Miss Mullet!

Sunday kids up early so was in the swimming pool before 8am! Went shopping after then took kids to the park and picnic in the afternoon. Rest of the day chilled really, watched Cass last night and then The Business (again!).

saw a friend play at the albert & pearl (former medicine bar) on friday night - really nice vibe in there - sheer taft - 'cascades' remains a trully special tune every time

saturday - popped in to a very busy east village for inspiration infomation - soul/funk/fusion vibe - twas ok although not all that - the dancer I saw (dead ringer for the bird with the bleached dreads from STEPS) with the hoola hoop was pretty impressive - bombed on the pulling front though

sunday - licked my wounds, ran around the park, kept radio contact with a party going on near the Emirates Stadium but resisted temptation to go myself. An unusually 'clean' weekend for me means this forum and others will probably be spared any sociopathic/manic/depressed rants from me this Tues/Wed

*congratulations to the dude who completed the marathon - respect.

Mine & Mrs Jam's wedding anniversary coincided with a party (up on Merseyside) to celebrate Grandma Jam's 89th birthday.

Hard trance with the aunties & uncles followed by Grandma Jam thumping out the techno until 4am

uhuh........yeah that's how it went.

Honest.:rolleyes:

Mine & Mrs Jam's wedding anniversary coincided with a party (up on Merseyside) to celebrate Grandma Jam's 89th birthday.

Hard trance with the aunties & uncles followed by Grandma Jam thumping out the techno until 4am

uhuh........yeah that's how it went.

Honest.:rolleyes:

I can see it!! did you not DJ???

Are we still doing something in Liverpool in May time? was that the plan or has it all changed..... :) :)

Havent seen him in years, glad he's still doing the business 8)

Dan, how was your first Matter experience? How was Morales?

Off to see Emerson on 9th May - cant wait - his new stuff is doing it for me....

This weekend consisted of

Gingerfreak visiting, so chilled night on Friday.

Sat consisted of Phil and Ginge erecting fences and I project managed as is my role generally in life..... :lol::lol::lol:

Sat night - off to meet the girls in town with Phil and Ginge and we went to see Nick Warren, however, he was a no show and we ended up with Dave Seaman instead. Kind of pissed off about that - but it was a funny night - music did what it said on the tin so shapes were thrown,. giggles were had and drinks were drank..... etc etc.
Club was absolutely dead, which was a real shame to be honest, but we still danced our little asses off and had a really good night?

Sun: recovery and food then bed.

Mon: shovelled ton and a half of gravel in the pissing rain - garden looks great, I am aching like hell and covered in gravel injuries.....

was staying 2 mins form there, I was impressed. Her indoors went on sarturday and said it was mental :eek:

But it was cool this morning, nice shops !!

I usually try and go when literally opens and get out by the time the hordes arrives around 1pm.

when are ya heading back to Spain?

Havent seen him in years, glad he's still doing the business 8)

Dan, how was your first Matter experience? How was Morales?

Had an ace time as it goes, though didn;t really see the club in full throw.

Crowd was threadbare, and those that had decided to turn up (at risk of soundling like Olly...) (sorry Olly ;) wouldn't have recognised David Morales from Steve Angello or Bob Sinclar, and judging from the outifts their visit to Matter was an afterthought of a night out that started with a meal at pizza express and a Al Murray gig.

Musically was a different picture. Todd Terry did exactly what you'd want Todd Terry to play in his 2 hour slot - Somethin's Goin On/Can you party/Jumpin (twice - first and last record) all got played, and suitable tore the place up.

Then Morales came on and was instantly similarly on form. Shirt came off by the 2nd record, charging piano intro of Needin U was being teased in by the 4th. (Fellow nerds: he was playing off traktor which I hadn't noticed him use before)

In fairness the Friday night effect of actually having to have gone through a full day of work took it's toll and we left around 3 or 4 (which was always planned from the outset) though I could have stayed there hapily and danced all night witha stupid grin on my face. He did play All I Do (a personal fave:D) just before we left which cemented the night as a worthwhile expedition. Other moments of "magic" included Believe (the holy grail of funky house acapellas!) over the Leger edit of KotJ.

As for the club, looked very 'European' - Could have easily have been in Ibiza. The room 2 and VIP weren't open due to numbers (a wise decision), so only talking about the main room, but it's just a large box with a huge balcony section - the unusaual 'oblique' settin of the dj booth works wonders, you'd have little idea it holds 2,600 from the appearance. Would love to see it packed to the rafters and properly going off.

So, in summary, ace night (especially musically) less keen on teh crowd though expecting your 2,600 favourite clubbers in the same venue the same night is pushing it ;)

Can't wait to re-visit and see it fully go off 8) (Woudl only go back there for a proper supersuperstar though - Rob, give DT a buzz yeah ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an ace time as it goes, though didn;t really see the club in full throw.

As for the club, looked very 'European' - Could have easily have been in Ibiza. The room 2 and VIP weren't open due to numbers (a wise decision), so only talking about the main room, but it's just a large box with a huge balcony section - the unusaual 'oblique' settin of the dj booth works wonders, you'd have little idea it holds 2,600 from the appearance. Would love to see it packed to the rafters and properly going off.

So, in summary, ace night (especially musically) less keen on teh crowd though expecting your 2,600 favourite clubbers in the same venue the same night is pushing it ;)

Can't wait to re-visit and see it fully go off 8) (Woudl only go back there for a proper supersuperstar though - Rob, give DT a buzz yeah ;))

Sven Vath had it rammed and it proper went off. Although did thin out about 3am ish which suited me and my old knees. Agreed though has to be a big gun playing to get full effect.

The VIP bit has a suspended bridge over the main floor and is very spacious up there.

Agreed though on the Ibiza quote.

Not quite as exotic as some of your weekends but I went to see Basement Jaxx at Brum last week. 8)

Wicked live performance and a great atmosphere in such a grotty place (Carling Acadamy)

Went shopping Saturday to buy few things for my hols - linen trousers, bikini etc 8)

Back