Weekend Reports

Morbyd

Almost the end of the Monday working day and still no reports :?: You know what to do...

Thursday - Sisters of Mercy concert. Twas ok.
Then caught the tail end of a museum reception (mainly to pick up the missus)

Friday - 2 art exhibit openings. Called it an early night so as to nurse this cold I've been carrying for 2 weeks.

Saturday - Accomplished a surprising amount for a weekend day - much needed electronics shopping (like me gadgets, I do). Evening time, went to a very tame bachelor party that was basically just a bunch of us drinking at the pub. Bailed out of that and headed to nightclub The Most for the Russian Fashion Week after-party. Surprisingly few models so went to ForbesClub where Relight Orchestra were playing/DJing. Went home relatively early (5ish) grabbing some carry-out Chinese on the way.

Sunday - Accomplished a little more shopping and various things around the house.

Chilled weekend and somewhat productive :D

Friday - leaving drinks for a mate who's off travelling for six months. Sambuca and tequila are not my friends.

Sat - second game of footy in five months, after a week hammering it hard in Vegas since the last. And very very hungover. Lost 4-1 and gave away a penalty. Nice. Can barely walk after getting done with a two-footed tackle, studs up over the top of the ball. The f***** never finished the 90 mins though:twisted:

Couldn't go out Sat night because I was in agony.

Sun - limped out to watch my clubs Veteran team's semi-final. Realised I qualify to play next season!:lol: Watched the U17's game on the other pitch get abandoned after 4 red cards failed to stop the 22 man brawl.

Went to see 'Knowing' at the cinema. Watchable if not brilliant. Shouldn't have gone to the pub after. Felt like death this morning.

Friday - nipped of work early went to Browns/Sports Bar back to Browns then crawled round bars in Shoreditch where everyone thought they were Sam Sparrow! Helmets. Went from there onto Kasabian at Royal Albert hall who were awesome! My mate lost wallet with £300 and all his cards in back of cab round South Kensington. Mere hiccup in the night's drinking and nocturnal activities and carried on across London like The Warriors trying to get home.

Saturday - weather naff so just had bundles with the kids indoors all day and evening. Watched bit of footie and plenty of kids films. Felt bit tender so didn't put up any resistance to whatever was suggested by the kids or missus.

Sunday - little girl had us up during night being sick so I sat up with her all night watching more kids films and just us two snuggled up on sofa. Took my boy out on his bike for a while to give him a run out. Rest of day watched bit of cricket and bit of old Harry Potter and then Juno then Rambo on Sky in amongst the unemployed next door singing What's Love Got To Do With It on the Singstarr all night. Sh!ts.

Went on a shamanic weekender which was a huge head spin. :eek:

Saw David Mancuso last night at 'journey through the light' - an experience far too good for words. 8)

Fri: chillax - wine and gigles

Sat: watched Phil and a neighbour purvey a disused railway sleeper and negotiate they're way across a busy main road...... (It will look lovely in my garden when "treated" - as I told Phil as he picked splinters of wood out of his hands, arms etc...

Dog sat for the neighbours as they went camping to Bambrough in a £35 starter tent kit from Argos - :lol::lol::lol::lol: -5c on Sat night and gale force winds - needless to say when they got home yesterday they hadnt had a good nights sleep ...

Sun: 7hrs of gardening - managed to dig up up 3 small trees/shrubs and 2 massive pampas grass plants - begone 70's eyesore and never darken by garden again.

Dismantled a rockery and deciding where to put it next.

1 1/2 ton of gravel and garden furniture being delivered in the next 21 days so lots of this type of work this month and next....

I am in pain today - but good pain - not the usual pain of a minxy weekend.... :lol::lol:

Watched new Bond on DVD on Fri - still think it's awful.

Went for a run on Sat - was OK.

Cheered on Oxford on Sun :D

Friday stayed in and packed for my weekend/friends wedding away in Glasgow.

Saturday was up early, off to Stansted, my mate organised the times and things and I was just the designated driver. She blatantly miscalculated time so ended up with us rushing to Stansted and getting there half an hour before our plane was meant to take off :eek: luckily we didnt have to check in (already did it last week) and only had hand luggage so we made it through. Landed in sunny Glasgow, off to hotel to meet friend and her boyfriend before the wedding started!!

All got changed, quick drink in the bar and then off to the wedding. Well what can I say, what a place!!! We went to Marhall estate (in case anyone knows it!) and it was lovely, we felt like royalty stepping out the cab (cab drivers and our hotel staff said it was a lovely venue but very £££ ) anyway went into the civil ceremony, the wedding was amazing, nice and short but so emotional. Leanne (the bride) came through with her dad, at one point I thought she was going to do a runner as she looked so panicked but she soon started smiling at all the people who were there for her, the wedding went smoothly and the rest of the day consisted of eating, drinking, laughing, dancing, oohing and aahing at the happy couple etc etc

Was a great weekend, best wedding I have ever been to. And the bride looked GORGEOUS.

They are off to Mexico today the lucky bleeders.

Sunday we had a bit of breakie at the hotel, headed into Glasgow for a bit of shopping (so many shops!), had a roast dinner to take the hangover away then back on the plane to bed.

Wicked :lol:

well after a storming set by wevvers on thursday night, I was supposed to go on the friday to some reunion at DEX with graeme park and al mackenzie ( :lol: ) but sadly that was cancelled when my raving buddy was taken ill, so I spent the evening in, grabbing tunes off every blog in space - the new Jack Penate, the new Stimming, 6 hours worth of Carl Craig off some hungarian site, watched this film about drops outs in morocco called hideous kinky, which was a bit average (although Winslett, as ever, oozes class) then Saturday hit Shoreditch, loft party on Pitfield St hosted by some extreme Mexican hedonists and some of the wevvers crew - all very cloak and dagger - last minute directions, to avoid stragglers. Hadn't previously met too many mexicans - was taken aback by how different their Spanish is - like the expression 'de puta madre' = the dog's bollox, but they didn't know that. :eek: Left around 9am as it started to get out of hand. Sunday slept for a bit, felt completely wired and decided to argue about capitalism and 5hit on the internet, in fact, on this very forum - not entirely sure why, but felt surprisingly lucid in the circumstances. That is all.

Friday - Chilled

Sat - Caught the bus to the 'smoke and went to the Drunken Monkey for some juicy cocktails. Then onto East Village for Sancho Panza..cracking night fair play!! Finished at 4am though so we headed over to Fabric to catch Villalobos. Why I bothered I dont know... Sardines in a tin spring to mind :confused: I've been the last 2 times to Fabric to catch RV and both times it's been busy but bearable... I lasted until about 8am but that was long enough for me as it wasn't getting any less busier. We all just went and chilled then in wetherspoons until it was time for the bus back to Cardiff.

Sun - After getting back, nout!

Mon - So happy to be off work, did nothing but chill!! :)

well after a storming set by wevvers on thursday night, I was supposed to go on the friday to some reunion at DEX with graeme park and al mackenzie ( :lol: ) but sadly that was cancelled when my raving buddy was taken ill, so I spent the evening in, grabbing tunes off every blog in space - the new Jack Penate, the new Stimming, 6 hours worth of Carl Craig off some hungarian site, watched this film about drops outs in morocco called hideous kinky, which was a bit average (although Winslett, as ever, oozes class) then Saturday hit Shoreditch, loft party on Pitfield St hosted by some extreme Mexican hedonists and some of the wevvers crew - all very cloak and dagger - last minute directions, to avoid stragglers. Hadn't previously met too many mexicans - was taken aback by how different their Spanish is - like the expression 'de puta madre' = the dog's bollox, but they didn't know that. :eek: Left around 9am as it started to get out of hand. Sunday slept for a bit, felt completely wired and decided to argue about capitalism and 5hit on the internet, in fact, on this very forum - not entirely sure why, but felt surprisingly lucid in the circumstances. That is all.

I heard that Jack Penate tune or a mix of it anyway - pretty good. Not really a fan of him and his sprayed on jeans but thought the tune was ok.

I REALLY like it - best modern balearic tune I've heard in ages - likely to go down a storm on the summer festie circuit

also feeling raz ohara v djuma soundsytem 'zillion lights' which is probably the best thing on get physical ever

I heard that Jack Penate tune or a mix of it anyway - pretty good. Not really a fan of him and his sprayed on jeans but thought the tune was ok.

I REALLY like it - best modern balearic tune I've heard in ages - likely to go down a storm on the summer festie circuit

also feeling raz ohara v djuma soundsytem 'zillion lights' which is probably the best thing on get physical ever

Name of tune please ?? 8)

Back