Weekend Reports

Morbyd

Another quiet Monday both in the forum and here at work. What'd everyone get up to this weekend? Mine was almost exactly as advertised...

Thursday - art gallery show opening, followed by evening charity winter carnival, followed by dinner with a friend who's leaving the country.

Friday - Met up with the gang for drinks at Wall St Bar, then to a new bar/restaurant called Chumlo, then to KitchKock for a bit, then to Solyanka for DJ Dixon :D He played some great techno mixed with Balearic beats and other assorted surprises. Very nice. Followed that up by meeting some friends for breakfast at Starlite Diner.

Saturday - Lazy day at home. Evening, met up with my crew at a new bar/cafe called Elektrsvet. Followed that with a stop at a very campy gay F**k the Crisis party in some warehouse on the river, complete with drag queens. Very funny. Around 2, headed over to Gazgolder for a CircoLoco-branded party with Jose de Divina. Good tunes but the face control at the door was so strict that the place didn't get full enough. :confused: Then to Krysha Mira for a serious rooftop boogie until dragged by a friend back to Starlite Diner for breakfast again.

Sunday - Did not feel especially well. Watched the missus' appearance on a TV game show 8) (the Russian version of Family Feud. Her team won :D). Dragged myself to the pub to watch Chelsea fail to go top. Grocery shopping.

Good tunes but the face control at the door was so strict that the place didn't get full enough. :confused:

Watched the missus' appearance on a TV game show 8) (the Russian version of Family Feud. Her team won :D). Dragged myself to the pub to watch Chelsea fail to go top. Grocery shopping.

Are they that srict on who gets in then JM, if your'e ugly your not on the list ?? :confused: :lol:

Did Irina win anything interesting ???

And i cant believe the top three all drew :confused: When we drew i thought that would be it, but then manure and yourselves failed to capitalise, very strange weekend of footy :confused:

I did sweet fa this weekend, apart from rescue the missus friday night (there was a riot +/- at a gig she was at) then went for lunch for her birthday yesterday. Apart from that a very relaxed weekend 8)

went to audio in brighton on friday to see my mate and his wife; my mate was playing upstairs at audio, where the night came to a premature end because some drunken clowns decided to start jumping up and down on the floorboards to the music meaning that the decks kept skipping; (tits) then a bit of a walk along the front in a howling gale to find a non-existent taxi; a 3 hour kip then a mad dash on a train back to London and a second train to stansted to get a flight to glasgow to see a different bunch of mates; dossed all afternoon with them; chillin' like penicillin, then on to the wonderful sub club for secret sundaze; truth be told, resident Harri's set was first class but then the secret sundaze crew fuked it up. They took it too hard and I thought the bass would kill me; really, really monotonous beats and virtually no music AND WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT???????? but still fun to hang out with the crew regardless. Journey back last night was mildly traumatic (extreme turbulence) although I was more aggrieved by the nazi secruity confiscating my deoderant and the departure lounge tv forcefeeding us ultra-crap xmas records for an hour - interrogation suspects have cracked under less. That is all.

Are they that srict on who gets in then JM, if your'e ugly your not on the list ?? :confused: :lol:

Did Irina win anything interesting ???

And i cant believe the top three all drew :confused: When we drew i thought that would be it, but then manure and yourselves failed to capitalise, very strange weekend of footy :confused:
A lot of clubs here don't charge at the door... just let in people they decide are cool enough (and it can vary depending on the style of the club). It's an annoying system, to be honest, but it does keep out the riff-raff, alongside with some other perfectly normal clubbers!

Irina won an umbrella and a scarf, I think :lol: Her team didn't win the bonus round (she got her 100 points but the other guy didn't) so no cash prize!

Re: football, truly a strange week when the top 4 all draw! Vila moves ahead of Arsenal... hope it's permanent! At least I can be happy for Zola.

Woke up this morning with a huge smile on my face.

Jesus Christ that Journey through the Light thing really is adkjnfgkjldafhgkljdfg :eek::eek::eek:

I was definitely born 20 years too late. :cry:

You can see why they picked that venue - the upstairs bit at the light is a bit like nyc's the loft would've been. It's like some sort of sophisticated hippy gathering with a nice family feel - lots of kids running around at the beginning and lovely food being dished out from a buffet. This might not be to everyone's taste but I found it really refreshing and inclusive in a city full of so much blatant snobbery.

Someone on here said it was the best night in London and part of me thought that might be a tad generous - but it really is! :eek:

It has such a unique atmosphere, ridiculously friendly crowd of all ages and music like I've never heard in my life (philly soul/disco/techno - and God knows what else). I'm quite well versed on the whole disco scene but this was all underground stuff that is dead and buried now - I'd never heard half of it before. Some of the early 80s 303 stuff was so intense it very nearly made me pee myself.

It's a long time since I've seen people properly lose it on a dance floor like that. People were literally throwing themselves on the floor and having fits. :lol: I think a few grown men cried also.

Definitely one of my 2008 highlights - right up there with the last trade.
I want to work for them.

8)

They took it too hard and I thought the bass would kill me; really, really monotonous beats and virtually no music AND WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT???????

Agree...I do find those boys very hit and miss tbh. When they're in minimal mode they're so yawnsome, yet sometimes they're completely the opposite.

Jesus Christ that Journey through the Light thing really is adkjnfgkjldafhgkljdfg :eek::eek::eek:

You can see why they picked that venue - the upstairs bit at the light is a bit like nyc's the loft would've been. It's like some sort of sophisticated hippy gathering with a nice family feel - lots of kids running around at the beginning and lovely food being dished out from a buffet. This might not be to everyone's taste but I found it really refreshing and inclusive in a city full of so much blatant snobbery.

Someone on here said it was the best night in London and part of me thought that might be a tad generous - but it really is! :eek:

It has such a unique atmosphere, ridiculously friendly crowd of all ages and music like I've never heard in my life (philly soul/disco/techno - and God knows what else). I'm quite well versed on the whole disco scene but this was all underground stuff that is dead and buried now - I'd never heard half of it before. Some of the early 80s 303 stuff was so intense it very nearly made me pee myself.

It's a long time since I've seen people properly lose it on a dance floor like that. People were literally throwing themselves on the floor and having fits. :lol: I think a few grown men cried also.

I want to work for them.

8)

It was me that stated its one of the best night in London at the moment.

Im glad you had fun there mate, although its almost imposable not too! ;)

Friday: Popped out for a few drinks to see some friends and went to a club night that happens once a month here in Cheltenham. Was having a nice time until i got shouted at by friend trying to make me stay out later than i planned :rolleyes:, was all said in jest but he was on high horse about me 'acting like a woman with 5 kids' because i wanted to go home and get some sleep before my busy day on Saturday. I think i'll just stay in in future :rolleyes:.

Sat: Up really early to go to B'ham to spend the day with my brother. B'ham was a nightmare, i was glad to sit down and chill with a drink when we had finished our shopping. Got train back, uneventful night. Wrapped all the presents and forgot that X Factor was on so i missed most of it :spank:. I will admit to crying when Alexandra sang her final song :lol:.

Sun: Had a little lie in, nice lazy day really. Watched Elf - love it :lol:

RE: Loft - wow, missed out there

was it cosmo and Mancuso playing?

I love Cosmo to bits - most recently saw her play the new basement at plan b when it opened a year or so back

my face pretty much melted when she dropped Vangelis - let it happen

Whole weekend has been spent in jetlagged haze of 5 hours or so sleep

No idea what day or planet i am currently experiencing :D

Cant get home soon enough

:twisted:

RE: Loft - wow, missed out there

was it cosmo and Mancuso playing?

I love Cosmo to bits - most recently saw her play the new basement at plan b when it opened a year or so back

my face pretty much melted when she dropped Vangelis - let it happen

yes! I love cosmo too! 8)

Very sweet lady too - had to run up to her and give her a big wet grandma kiss after her set. :lol:

Friday - couple drinks en route home and then up all night drinking with the missus. Think got to bed about 5am about an hour before my little girl got up! Missus hairdryer blew up and wanted me to trek to the shops to buy her a new one as she could not go out without doing her hair. I negotiated a deal that if I got her a hairdryer I would be allowed to suffer in peace all day and not be harrassed, she agreed! So I went to the cupbaord and produced a hairdryer I had bought her for xmas and returned to bed and said two sugars please!

Saturday - family were visiting and so picked my boy and the kids ran riot most of the day. Took em to see their grandad for a bit then met up with a mate for couple drinks before heading back to mine for more drinks and rioting with the kids, gave them all one of their presents each so they were all happy. My brother ended up staying over too as his little girl wanted to stay over so ended up another 5am with friends and family.

Sunday - put decorations up, missus done a lovely dinner for us all, played with the kids all day - more anarchy, watched Ham drop 2 points at the Bridge but suppose you if you had offered me a draw at the start I would've bitten your hand off, watched Elf, dropped my boy home and then chilled rest of the evening.

Suffering today and going out tonight for drinks then James at Brixton so tomorrow will be a write off too!

Thursday was work xmas party so very pissed , slept on the sofa at work for 3 hours then had to the rest of the day.
Friday straight to my girlfriends new flat for her party which was loads of fun , some friends n me dj'd , only a small fight between 2 brothers dampened the mood. Never really got to bed and carried on at a mates house then went to my girlfriends bar saturday night. Finaly got to bed around 3am sunday and stayed there till i got up to go work this morning

I want to work for them.

8)

As I said once before, MASSIVE ENVY...! And I wasn't born even 20 years too late, I just missed out til 10 years ago, when I fell in love with a DJ:lol:

Suffering today and going out tonight for drinks then James at Brixton so tomorrow will be a write off too!

what are James like these days then? - saw them as a student, a thousand years ago. 'Sit Down' remains a massive guilty pleasure of mine :)

I negotiated a deal that if I got her a hairdryer I would be allowed to suffer in peace all day and not be harrassed, she agreed! So I went to the cupbaord and produced a hairdryer I had bought her for xmas and returned to bed and said two sugars please!

Class, what dreams are made of. Well annoyed I forgot about Elf too !!! I wanted to stove stupid Carlton's face in when he missed that chance, that woulda been the highlight of his crap career without a doubt.

Anyway, my weekend was spent in with the bird, made pancakes, fajitas and burgers. Late night walk on the beachs, X Factor, etc. etc. Kicked her out for football on Sunday morning, which wasn't worth doing as I was absolutely woeful then came back to Sky+'d football, watched the Toon play marvellously, and then Chelsea Hammers which was pretty rubbish.

Class, what dreams are made of. Well annoyed I forgot about Elf too !!! I wanted to stove stupid Carlton's face in when he missed that chance, that woulda been the highlight of his crap career without a doubt.

Anyway, my weekend was spent in with the bird, made pancakes, fajitas and burgers. Late night walk on the beachs, X Factor, etc. etc. Kicked her out for football on Sunday morning, which wasn't worth doing as I was absolutely woeful then came back to Sky+'d football, watched the Toon play marvellously, and then Chelsea Hammers which was pretty rubbish.

Can't Control should've buried that chance.
Had an ok season last year and got his new 5 year deal and seems to have gone away already for xmas!

Back