Weekend Reports!

I actually thought about not going to Ibiza this year

God no - quite the opposite! It's s pensioners paradise now with all the clubs shutting at 6am and opening at 4pm! :lol:

It gives you time to go on a 'Thompsons experience' coach tour to "spiritual" Es Vedra narrated by a holiday rep talking like Victoria Wood.*

* based on a real experience. :oops:

God no - quite the opposite! It's s pensioners paradise now with all the clubs shutting at 6am and opening at 4pm! :lol:

Gingerfreak and I are waiting for the optimum moment to launch "FreakPuppy" - our collaboration for a new clubbing experience for the slightly older crowd - It will consist of a Tea Dance early afternoon at Space, (obviously we will need to discuss opening hours with the clubs now their new laws have been enforced) which will move on to slightly darker tunes later with special dealers handing out Sanatogen Pills to the dancers on the floor, the podium will consist of specially designed zimmer frames for the dancers to strut their stuff to without fear or danger of dislocating a newly fitted artificial hip!)

Discount for all Spotlight Members who will be carrying their pension books/ concessionary travel pass - showing proof of age....

We think it could catch on .......

Tempting as that may be (and it is tempting given that is a bank holiday weekend for me), I think I'll stick around here as we've got Carl Cox, Charlatans, Dirty Pretty Things, Lenny Kravitz and Giles Peterson that weekend.... :p

Fair do's that is pretty good line up for the weekend mate. Love The Charlatans, lost count how many times i've seen them and still quality after all these years.

Fair do's that is pretty good line up for the weekend mate. Love The Charlatans, lost count how many times i've seen them and still quality after all these years.

Charlatans new stuff is pretty good too.... was well impressed with seeing them on some prog a few weeks back....8)

fri - downloaded the Lost finale, watched it on friday night :eek: - holy ****!

sat - nice lunch with laura in the sunshine, then out to Karbon, good laugh, quite drunk

sun - golf in the sun, lovely although i was pish. watched lost again to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me

Johnny Mathis and The Andrews Sisters with a bit of Andy Williams

Johnny Mathis - Brilliant.

Phil and I were talking on Sat night about music you were brought up to.

My Dad worked in the US most of my informative years so was a big fan of C&W and other US artists so I grew up on

Porter Wagon & Tammy Wynette
Dolly
Jim Reeves
Johnny Cash
Crystal Gayle
Anne Murray
Billie Jo Spears
Dan Hartman
Billy Joel
John Denver

My mum however was a crooner fan so also got

Johnny Mathis x 1,000,000,000
Frank
Nat King Cole
Barry Manilow
Neil Diamond - The Jazz Singer x 1,000,000,000

No wonder I jumped into Punk Rock at 14 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not much to my weekend as the wife was away in dublin, so it was beer, house moving, more beer, food, golf and r&r.

must admit had mad thoughts this weekend of going to ibiza :eek::eek::lol:....wonder why that was :lol:!

Back