Weekend Reports!

Morbyd

Awfully quiet around here for a Monday. Everyone else as hungover as I am? :lol:
OK, not really hungover as in painful, just exhausted and slightly foggy....

Friday - Spent the early evening at home with the missus researching and making plans for our upcoming trip to the Balkans. :D Popped out to Gaudi Arena later on for the club's birthday party, headlined by Audio Bullys. They were utter crap. :(

Saturday - Lazy day at home. Got caught up in a little graphic design project that took several hours. Went to The Most for what was billed as a Basement Jaxx evening. Turns out it was just some Belfast DJ, Craig McGivern (completely unrelated to the band, as far as I can tell) and a short set by one of the vocalists from Basement Jaxx (at least she was real... I remember her from their concert last year). Bit of a disappointment. :evil:

From there, hightailed it over to Zona for Mark Knight who abso-smurfly rocked the place 8) Now I see what the fuss is about. Good tunes throughout. Closed out his set with remixes of Enjoy the Silence and Blue Monday (still a sucker for these tunes).

The contrast between the glamour of Most and the freakshow that is Zona was especially entertaining :lol:

Sunday - Woke up at 2, got ready, and raced over to BlastFest, an all-day music festival headlined by Brett Anderson of Suede (very very good!! :D 8)) and Supergrass (started slow but got better towards the end). My friends' bands Blast (http://www.theblast.ru/) and My Silver Revolver (http://www.myspace.com/mysilverrevolver) also rocked the place, as well as a couple of good new finds like Bajinda Behind Enemy Lines. Great day out, lots of friends around, and way too much cheap beer! :lol:

We went to the afterparty at the bar Crisis Genre too. Suffice to say, I am not all there today :lol:

Friday, few drinks & dinner in Dulwich, drove so not messy!
Saturday, Ministry for SOS, Jazzy M rocked the Bar, SOS were good, a fresh sound, wasn't that busy which for me was cool! Pete Griffiths, Toolroom's resident finished the Bar & played well!
Good weekend, all it needed was some sunshine!!

Told you Morbs - MK is the man at the moment!! Glad you enjoyed it mate. ;)

Friday evening in with kids who were both exhausted for some reason and were alseep at 7pm on the sofa which was a bit of a touch!! So watched the old Ice Cube film Friday with the missus who hadn't seen it!!!
Saturday - swimming in the morning and then park with the kids. Evening time we had our poker night. Came 2nd in 1 tournament and 3rd in another. Excellnet evening though, the dealer was a top man who made the evening. Anyone in the UK having a poker night I thoroughly recommend http://www.dialadealer.com/index.php?main_page
Sunday - Sofa day watching Allo Allo and Only Fools repeats, Britian's got Talent(missus choice not mine and how did the moonwalking dog not win!). Little girl came home from her nans and so played with her for the evening and then watched England Trinidad last night which helped me fall asleep quite nicely!

Hardcore as ever John!

Friday eve, mates birthday meal at chaophrya in Manchester. Can not reccomend this place enough, really really good restaurant. Thai and lots of fish.

Saturday, up to the Lakes for a party on the banks of Ullswater. Good but not ace. Everything a bit fragmented. Also DJ cranked the tunes up from about 3pm - someone needs to explain that silence is golden sometimes! Also trance at 9pm not much appreciated. problem is, in these guys heads they are doing us a favour..oh no my friend, put the marvin gaye CD on.

Mood not helped by missus being unwell and staying at home.

Yesterday. Good book & watched first half of reasonable england performance.

BUT - how has Capello been such a pussy to have becks hoisted on his as the captain - just to satisfy a very corrupt man (or so the word is) in Jack Warner, so we can get a world cup. More chance of me being captain in 4 years time.

4 weeks till Ibiza. Highly excited.

Went to a friend's new house in Brockley and it's amazing...am now feeling very dissatisfied with the bunker.

Must get my new kitchen sorted. :lol:

Going through this strange phase of not wanting to go clubbing. Bizarre - I've never not wanted to go out before and things like eating out and having nights in with mates are a lot more appealing... Hmmmm...

I'm sure it won't last however.

Friday - went to see S*x and the City, was brilliant, just as I thought it would be, definitely recommend to any fans. I already know people who want to see it again!

Saturday - hair appointment then last minute holiday bits at Bluewater, night in with Britains Got Talent even though we could have gone out....

Sunday - packed half my case, mooched about, dinner with parents in evening

Now counting down the days, 2 left at work after today, fly Thurs night to Zante 8)

Told you Morbs - MK is the man at the moment!! Glad you enjoyed it mate. ;)
You were correct! Wish I'd gotten there earlier as I probably missed nearly an hour of his set thanks to that stoooopid Basement Jaxx "show" :evil: Will definitely be looking for more from him in the future 8)

Going through this strange phase of not wanting to go clubbing. Bizarre - I've never not wanted to go out before and things like eating out and having nights in with mates are a lot more appealing... Hmmmm...

I'm sure it won't last however.

I have been like this since coming back from Ibiza - even dragging my arse out on NYE was a struggle - I much prefer being minxy in the house with a handful of select people to dance around with - its all about the House Party these days for me.......

My toilet is far more superior than a club bog!!! no Q's - no wet floors, plenty of loo roll and lots of toiletries at hand...... :lol::lol:

It's because I'm getting all jaded too - can't stand minimal pseudo trendiness and neon St Martin's students.

However - this may change because disco seems to be getting big at the moment (disco bloodbath, horsemeat, secretsundaze over bank holiday etc etc) - and if it does I'll have a renaissance and prance around like a munted teenager again. :lol:

Till then it's earl grey tea (and wine).

It's because I'm getting all jaded too - can't stand minimal pseudo trendiness and neon St Martin's students.

However - this may change because disco seems to be getting big at the moment (disco bloodbath, horsemeat, secretsundaze over bank holiday etc etc) - and if it does I'll have a renaissance and prance around like a munted teenager again. :lol:

Till then it's earl grey tea (and wine).

Urgh that sounds dull....

I am waiting for an epiphany in dance music to get my arse out and about again.....

:?:?:?:?:confused:

You were correct! Wish I'd gotten there earlier as I probably missed nearly an hour of his set thanks to that stoooopid Basement Jaxx "show" :evil: Will definitely be looking for more from him in the future 8)

Well use it as an excuse to get yourself back over here Morbs for a weekend next time the Toolroom Knights are playing!! (Hint June 14th MOS London ;))

Either we're a step away from a pension book and a mid life crisis or we're on the cusp of a musical revolution...let's stick with the latter because it's easier to swallow. :lol: ;)

ahh... again i wish i had an exciting weekend to report. Went out with some friends Saturday and was in be by midnight! :lol:

I have been like this since coming back from Ibiza - even dragging my arse out on NYE was a struggle - I much prefer being minxy in the house with a handful of select people to dance around with - its all about the House Party these days for me.......

My toilet is far more superior than a club bog!!! no Q's - no wet floors, plenty of loo roll and lots of toiletries at hand...... :lol::lol:

:lol: I am enjoying minxy little gatherings at home at the moment too - all the fun but none of the hassle :lol:

Our weekend was spent oop north, seeing my family, stuffing my face, drinking gallons of wine and taking the doggies to stay at my mum and dad's for 3 weeks while we're away - our house is soooooooooooo quiet without them, altho it was quite nice to wake up later this morning without a mad dog sitting on my head :lol:

Either we're a step away from a pension book and a mid life crisis or we're on the cusp of a musical revolution...let's stick with the latter because it's easier to swallow. :lol: ;)

I am 100% convinced that it will be the latter - I cannot and will not throw in my dancing shoes for a pension book cover -

(I had my midlife crisis in 2001 thank you very much! :spank: - cant have another - Phil will leave me.... :lol::lol::lol:)

:lol: I am enjoying minxy little gatherings at home at the moment too - all the fun but none of the hassle :lol:

Our weekend was spent oop north, seeing my family, stuffing my face, drinking gallons of wine and taking the doggies to stay at my mum and dad's for 3 weeks while we're away - our house is soooooooooooo quiet without them, altho it was quite nice to wake up later this morning without a mad dog sitting on my head :lol:

We always make sure the "gatherings" are at our house too - so we dont have to do the scary taxi ride home - last time we did the taxi from hell the gearbox fell out - the noise was :eek: I was like WTF!!!! next thing I know Phil and the taxi driver are under the front of the car giving manly advice to each other about who's to blame - the garage who fitted the gear box the month before or the supplier of the part.... and I'm thinking Phil you cant even see me properly never mind under a car at 7.00am on a Sun morning FFS!!!

Yes indeed an excellent bank holiday weekend was had.

Friday - Went to the gym then caught the second half of my local team who won 3-0, few pints with the lads then off to meet a bird for drinks and that went very well indeed;)

Saturday - Went to see Man United v Liverpool legends game with my mate and his 2 kids, good laugh, lovely weather, Liverpool won 4-0, John Aldridge still looks as if he can still play a bit:lol: enjoyable day in the sun, that night i went to my mates sister homecoming from Australia, then went to Kenny Dope and what a nite it was, best DJ gig of the year without any doubt,there are not many DJ's who mix up many different styles anything from Disco, Funk, Soul, Garage, Hip Hop and Funky House and make it sound wonderful, Kenny Dope truly is a legendary DJ, went back to mates party which continued into the next day on the roof terrace until i faded at 5.30pm (drinking in the sun all day takes it out of you)

Sunday - As above went home and chilled.

Monday - Got sunburnt in my mums garden:cry: nice day just chilling out and reading my book.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well use it as an excuse to get yourself back over here Morbs for a weekend next time the Toolroom Knights are playing!! (Hint June 14th MOS London ;))
Tempting as that may be (and it is tempting given that is a bank holiday weekend for me), I think I'll stick around here as we've got Carl Cox, Charlatans, Dirty Pretty Things, Lenny Kravitz and Giles Peterson that weekend.... :p

:lol:

I actually thought about not going to Ibiza this year earlier today. And of giving up clubbing. Thoughts of getting too old, etc., etc... this music revolution idea sounds like a good way out :lol: (I'm sure it'll all be fine once I get some sleep!)

Back