Weekend Plans

Steelyard was good this weekend.

Found the drinks prices to be ok, for a London festival (£5.50 for a 500ml can, £10 for a double vodka redbull (ok, cheap for London)).

Prydz was a let down. Holo was ok, but nothing to write home about. Looks better on youtube than in person. Would of been nice if he ventured off of his 'greatest hits' occasionally, but I guess that's what you go to see.

I've seen Prydz a few times in a club setting and always had a top night, but I agree when I saw Holo before it was more about the 'show' than dancing. Kind of glad I missed it.

However all my group really enjoyed 'Space' - they all got in fairly early and went to the end and didn't hear any bad comments on it. Absolutely gutted I missed it

Steelyard was good this weekend.

Found the drinks prices to be ok, for a London festival (£5.50 for a 500ml can, £10 for a double vodka redbull (ok, cheap for London)).

Prydz was a let down. Holo was ok, but nothing to write home about. Looks better on youtube than in person. Would of been nice if he ventured off of his 'greatest hits' occasionally, but I guess that's what you go to see.

Space pres. Carl Cox was a good day, danced a lot more on Sunday. First time I'd seen either Nic Fanciulli or Steve Lawler, and really enjoyed both of them. Missed Eats Everything, but guess I'll catch him at Glasto b2b with Fatboy Slim. Coxy himself was good.
Could tell it was a bit emptier (it didn't sell out compared to Prydz) but actually preferred that. Drinks queues were better, toilet queues were better, and there was more room to dance.

As I approach the tender age of 30, two days is definitely getting a bit harder to do :lol:

Will second Ikoda's comments here - Prydz HOLO show was a little underwhelming to be honest. Too many people standing around, filming the production rather than dancing to the music. The show looks amazing online but in reality, is nothing I haven't seen in any other Ibiza club or festivals....

Coxy's Space however on Sunday was the complete contrast; limited production but a truely energetic, happy & phoneless crowd. A perfect amount of space to dance & the crowd really was there for the music. I found Eats Everything & Nic Fanciulli played enjoyable sets but special mention to Steve Lawler, who I have never seen before, really smash the crowd with his mix of tech/old school classics vibe.

Coxy himself was outstanding too, a deeper techno sound to the other DJs on the bill, his ten minute tribute to Keith Flint of the Prodigy was pretty touching. At the end, the Space logo appeared on the production screens , signalling off with the words 'see you in Ibiza this summer'.

All in all, a great day at Space Ibiza - seeing all the horrors at We Are, I believe it is well run London festival - now the small matter of Junction 2 next weekend, another great line up for a London one day festival!

All in all, a great day at Space Ibiza - seeing all the horrors at We Are, I believe it is well run London festival - now the small matter of Junction 2 next weekend, another great line up for a London one day festival!

We've toyed with the idea of We Are in the past for a few things. Definitely put me off for life now, hearing what happened on Saturday.

Looking forward to Junction 2, seems LWE have gone out of their way to make changes and improve the flow a bit this year. Rock on the Saturday. (Don't forget it's two days this year though ;) )

Toyed with the idea of Holo but glad I didn’t based on feedback off here and from mates who attended. Agreed that Prydz is better to experience in a proper club environment rather than these gimmicky types of shows.

Toyed with the idea of Holo but glad I didn’t based on feedback off here and from mates who attended. Agreed that Prydz is better to experience in a proper club environment rather than these gimmicky types of shows.

I'm looking forward to seeing him, sans Holo, at Nature One. Although imagine it'll still be a 'greatest hits' style set, he can go a bit more off piste should he choose too. Not saying what he played at Steelyard was bad, far from it. Just heard a lot of it before.

London for me tomorrow for Mele’s London Club Bad debut! Hopefully it will be as good as his Liverpool efforts :) Nice little warmup ready for Ibiza on Wednesday ?

Giving that a miss this year, was tempted when Fontaines DC were added to the bill but be seeing them at All Together now ( If you haven't checked them out yet would highly recommend )! Kodaline tomorrow ( not really a fan but my boyfriends sister got me a ticket so couldn't say no! ) then trying to sort a ticket for Primal Scream with The Charlatans and Fun Loving Criminals on Sunday - should find out tonight if it's secured ? Noel Gallagher in 2 weeks at Malahide Castle then Ibiza on the 29th :D very busy month ?

So sorry to hear you have to go to Kodaline? really wouldn't wish that on anyone..? yeah Fontaines dc are after blowing up all over the last few weeks, looking forward to them in August. Busy month indeed.. enjoy Snowdaplay should be good craic they seem very serious guys..

Back