Weekend Plans

Just over 1hr 50mins. Not great in itself, but that's a couple of minutes off my last time, so heading in the right direction.

Looks like a nice run that. You aiming for a particular time?

Well done. Yeah it looks really good and I ran 8.5 miles of the circuit yesterday. It's right on my doorstep basically. More I run the less I'm worried about time on trail runs to be honest - there's so much scope for variance unlike road races and ground conditions can have a huge effect. As long as it's respectable comparatively on the day I'll be happy.

Guy I know is going to America soon to compete in some 96hr Navy Seal endurance thing.. no sleep and carrying a weighted pack through all kinds of shit....?

Well well well what a weekend that was! Friday morning plans of seeing my Mum and Nan while spending no money quickly changed come Friday afternoon.

Started off at Lion and Lamb Friday night for Voigtmann before then heading over to Fabric. Groove Armanda all night long which is not usually my cuppa tea but was alright.

Got home about 5:30am and stayed in bed for the next 24 hours until my alarm went off at 6am and it was time to make to journey to Fabric to see king Riccardo in action once again. Drove over and stayed until close at 10:15 which was a little earlier than expected but a very good morning nonetheless.

I had a family birthday brunch in Soho at 12 hence why I couldn't go Fabric all night as didn't fancy sitting in The Ivy with my jaw halfway across the table. Was hoping Fabric would have gone on till 11am as I had some waiting around but the food was well worth it. Had a couple of drinks with Lunch but since I was driving I didn't have too much.

It was however enough to find myself purchasing a ticket to what turned out to be the highlight of the weekend Dixon B2B Ame all night long. Since this didn't start until 5pm I had a wonder around Soho and found myself in Phonica for a couple of hours perusing records and purchased a couple.

I then made the journey over to MoS for the big one which was simply brilliant. Left about 11-11:30pm as I am in work today but seeing as I done the whole thing sober and solo it was a brilliant weekend. Met a guy form Madrid in MoS who turned out to be my rave buddy for the night and I will definitely be driving and going sober to more raves now as it was very refreshing.

All in all a weekend of Voigtmann, Villalobos and 6 hours for Dixon & Ame was one to remember!

Guy I know is going to America soon to compete in some 96hr Navy Seal endurance thing.. no sleep and carrying a weighted pack through all kinds of shit....?

Thankfully I haven't quite approached that degree of mental aberration (yet !). I can understand why people go off and do these things, it's usually to prove something to themselves - on that front I'm relatively easily pleased and driven by other things :lol::lol::lol: Ask most Royal Marines about their training and they'll tell you it was utterly horrendous and something you only go through to prepare yourself for specific challenges likely to be faced. Doing that for the hell of it without a meaningful end purpose is, well, a little "alternative". I still reckon a 3-day no-sleep binge in Ibiza is great cross-training for any endurance endeavour in later life, and a great deal more enjoyable at the time ?:D

Blade runner marathon on Friday (all films and the 3 short films), then a quiet weekend. Can't wait to not have to run around doing something.

The Frahmster was good last night in Glasgow. There's always been occasional techno elements to his music, but there were stretches last night when it was full on bangin', which is not to say the lovely moments of him just playing a piano were neglected. Fascinating to see him running around adjusting or playing his various pianos and keyboards. Kinda makes you realise how taking the piss some of these 'press play' acts are!

Quiet one for me again this weekend, starting to get cabin fever now though - not been out for a few weeks! But the money I'm saving is a good thing I guess!

Meant to be being good, but after a while off it, I always get some weird temptation to dip into any 'leftovers' lying around the house (even if in alone).

Back