Weekend Plans

@elmooreo did you only go to Great Suffolk St? The undeniable urge to get up at 4am and head to Lightbox Sunday morning! Alas, I opted out. Regret it now.

Nice write up, iam back for NYD and Junction 2. The venue is really good.

You never did give us a run down of your view of The Social ..... Did you do one ?

I am actually out this weekend :)

Travelling down from Northwestershire for a Sunday daytime party at Motion, Bristol to see Laurent Garnier.

Been a while since I saw Garnier and my first time to Motion, not sure what type of set he will play? Missus is tagging on too:eek:.
How was Bristol mate?

Okay, what a great Sunday we had. The room that was open in Motion was a small one to the left, nice and intimate. The sound system wasn't the best (not shit though) but we moved on down to the front when Garnier came on at 8pm, which improved things slightly. He played exactly how I would have wanted, house, techno, prog house, bass and a few classics. The man is a genius, he plays like he is 18 years old but with the experience of a man who is 50. He was was due off at 10pm but carried on through tis 11pm, the time went very quickly. Well worth the 320 mile round trip and 35 quid Travelodge.

Went toWorld Unknown's 7th birthday which was in the basement of the old Peckham Palais. Think they had abit of bad luck in that they had a major plumbing problem with the toilets. Also no functioning cloak room. And dare I say it a soundsystem that wasnt quite up to the job! Tune selection was brilliant as per from Joe and Andy.
Went to the afterparty which was in a pub squat type place with the darkest basement ive ever been in!
all in all 6/10

Those guys been putting on good parties for a while so hope they can transfer that to bigger london venues. they are some of the only ppl that can put RPR on in london so fair play

Always deliver, but you're correct. Not usually on this scale!

I have every confidence in them! Can't wait to catch Cabanne b2b Lowris again, last (and only) time I've caught them was at Concrete for funny enough, their RPR showcase party earlier this year! Soooo good.

It's a very welcome replacement as usually fabric would have had their annual RPR showcase a week or so after. Hopefully back there for next year! <3 fabric.

i remember going to the archway behind the kebab place in shoreditch. the bicicyle hanging from the low roof. Nigel on the door....

One of their earlier parties if I'm correct. I joined the party pretty late but my most memorable one was when Sammy Dee played for them a couple of summers ago at Oval Space. Special times! Stoked to see him booked for the birthday shindig!

You going MM?

Weekend report:

Went to England game on Friday. Night. Good seats, terrible game. England were dire, Scotland worse still. John Stones noticeable for how often his 'cultured-playing out from the back' style gave away possession.

Saturday: Up with kids at 5:30. Took them to Tommy's ski lesson in Hemel Hempstead, then his therapy session in Hoddesdon, then picked the missus up and took them all to the RAF museum. Dinner at an Ask, as they do Tommy's gluten-free stuff. (Rubbish Pizza for Dad!)

Sunday: 4-1 won cup win for Vets footy, in the morning followed by lunch at a mates with all our kids etc. Also in attendance was my old 'DJ partner':)lol:) and we remarked how much life had changed.

Are there any board members still out from the weekend now? That used to be a feature here.....

I made it til 3am last night after having done Floating Points the night before...pretty good going by my standards! Innervisions at The Troxy, really decent night music was amazing and crowd was up for it...shame it around up when it did had another hour or two in me I reckon

on Friday, saw death in vegas and kim ann foxman at MIRA, some multi visual/arts/music thing in a warehouse in BCN. Music was very flat though [reminded me of that one time i saw zabiela at godskitchen when I spent 3 hours wondering if anything would ever happen]. Really nice Spanish crowd though and some of the horizontal and vertical strobe effects were amazing.

Back