Weekend Plans

Two sour dough loaves. white on the left brown on the right.. tasty with anything ?

Last edited:
It took me waaaay longer to get the grill to temp than I expected. It's cruising along now tho.

How big was your brisket and how long did you cook it?
My mate purchased it for me from the abattoir. Said it was roughly half a brisket, so I reckon about 1.5kg possibly. Used a mocha rub with pepper and umami. which I bought from a bbq shop.
I used 1 half tray of coals with half of that starting white hot and the other half with fresh coals. Used applewood Chips and just added coals when needed. I rapped it up in paper and foil after 5 hours and took another 3 To cook. Left to rest for an hour . ( will aim to get the crust darker next time but don’t think it mattered to much as tasted great)

just to add obviously indirect cooking with tray of water below. But also chopped an apple up and dropped in spray bottle with a good shake and kept spraying throughout the process.

Last edited:
My mate purchased it for me from the abattoir. Said it was roughly half a brisket, so I reckon about 1.5kg possibly. Used a mocha rub with pepper and umami. which I bought from a bbq shop.
I used 1 half tray of coals with half of that starting white hot and the other half with fresh coals. Used applewood Chips and just added coals when needed. I rapped it up in paper and foil after 5 hours and took another 3 To cook. Left to rest for an hour . ( will aim to get the crust darker next time but don’t think it mattered to much as tasted great)

just to add obviously indirect cooking with tray of water below. But also chopped an apple up and dropped in spray bottle with a good shake and kept spraying throughout the process.
Nice work! I had a pretty similar setup. I had the coals in a snake pattern around the outside, with a pan of apple juice under the meat. Your bark (crust) looks great and you've got a nice smoke ring too! I wrapped mine in foil after 6 hours and cooked it for 2 more, with a 30 min rest. Chopped it up and made some North Carolina style BBQ sauce (ACV, lemon juice, and some cayenne pepper). Came out amazing, def going to be doing this more over the winter :D

Attachments

• 20201107_183652_compress93.jpg
    20201107_183652_compress93.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201107_183449_compress98.jpg
    20201107_183449_compress98.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201107_185631_compress94.jpg
    20201107_185631_compress94.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks for comments. Yours Looks so good. Yes winter bbq cooking is the way forward I think. As long as it’s not raining I’ll be out cooking over the weekends.
I made a bold statement that I might cook a turkey for Chris in my wood fire pizza oven. A friend of mine was a chef for Gary Rhodes and he laughed and said you will struggle with that. But I feel like a challenge. Even if it’s just a turkey crown or I’ll de-bone the turkey. I’ll let you know if I’m brave enough.

A mate cooks all meats outside on the gas BBQ even weekend fry up.. it's just outside back door and coverd so no wind or rain..

Thanks for comments. Yours Looks so good. Yes winter bbq cooking is the way forward I think. As long as it’s not raining I’ll be out cooking over the weekends.
I made a bold statement that I might cook a turkey for Chris in my wood fire pizza oven. A friend of mine was a chef for Gary Rhodes and he laughed and said you will struggle with that. But I feel like a challenge. Even if it’s just a turkey crown or I’ll de-bone the turkey. I’ll let you know if I’m brave enough.
It's definitely possible to do, just takes along time depending on how large your bird is. Sounds like a great way to do it!!

Woke up to this great news this morning. Let's hope more seaside town take note. It the new Wanker uniform..
Screenshot_20201109_085835.jpg
Fine if you are just out of the water and getting changed at your van but here we have mainly Team sport wankers, rugby and Gaa teams running on our Beach tearing lumps out of the sundunes,they only put feet in the water and Ponce around in these expensive Capes drinking coffee for the rest of the day. All the year round swimmers and surfers have had enough. Even queuing Tor coffee they tend to knock everything with the stupid wings.. and most are little short fellas . #added

Woke up to this great news this morning. Let's hope more seaside town take note. It the new Wanker uniform..
View attachment 10875
Fine if you are just out of the water and getting changed at your van but here we have mainly Team sport wankers, rugby and Gaa teams running on our Beach tearing lumps out of the sundunes,they only put feet in the water and Ponce around in these expensive Capes drinking coffee for the rest of the day. All the year round swimmers and surfers have had enough. Even queuing Tor coffee they tend to knock everything with the stupid wings.. and most are little short fellas . #added
WTF am I looking at? I am absolutely at a loss for what this is even referencing, let alone why it's frowned upon lol

Back