Weekend plans

Sounds like my Xmas shopping trip yesterday afternoon .. except having finally entered a shop other than a grocery store after 3 1/2 months I've come back with some new Nike trainers (my other faves finally fell apart - literally).. and not even a christmas card :spank:. How old am I ?

as old as you feel :)

I did most of my Christmas shopping in about 10 minutes online a couple of nights ago :lol:
Countdown 6 days until vacation 8) Until then:

Friday - Stopping by one corporate party, then a birthday party, then another party a friend is throwing. And that's only until around 1am :lol: Not sure what afterward.

Saturday - My company's corporate party, then maybe stopping by a fancy ball, then a warehouse party, then Lee Burridge @ Discoteque

Sunday - Sign up for future liver transplant, pack for vacation. The attending a music festival with Suede and top local bands Blast, B-2 and Tesla Boy 8)

Why don't you ever do anything fun and interesting for a change? :lol:

Busy busy busy weekend for me.

Found out this morning I passed my final exam for CIMA, so I'm now a chartered accountant, after years of studying! Very relieved and going out to celebrate tonight :)

Congrats!! :)

And, have fun on your travels.... where are you going?

well on looking at the clothes I bought yesterday I am starting to think not age appropriate either so..... :confused:

oh f*ck it - let's live young for a change :lol:. PS - sorry to go off-topic but I reckon you'd know if anyone would .. at what age are male terrier puppies supposed to start peeing like blokes.... the recent family addition still insists on squatting like a girl at 6 months ... and it's starting to be embarassing in public :confused:

oh f*ck it - let's live young for a change :lol:. PS - sorry to go off-topic but I reckon you'd know if anyone would .. at what age are male terrier puppies supposed to start peeing like blokes.... the recent family addition still insists on squatting like a girl at 6 months ... and it's starting to be embarassing in public :confused:

Ah - I remember the day my furry boy became a man and cocked his leg for the first time:lol::lol::lol::lol: - Benny was about 4 months I think - maybe yours is just a lazy sod lol

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-training-behaviour/36717-what-age-should-dog-cock-his-leg-pee.html

Busy busy busy weekend for me.

Found out this morning I passed my final exam for CIMA, so I'm now a chartered accountant, after years of studying! Very relieved and going out to celebrate tonight :)

I'm also moving this weekend as we're off travelling in the New Year. So Friday night probably do something chilled, dinner and a couple of drinks. Then moving / cleaning / packing etc on Saturday and Sunday. Then back at the rents on Saturday night, that will be strange!

well done Becki!

8)8). Hope he goes B2B with Ben as it's really something when they get it together, and Marcel won't play his own stuff !

Saw Ben Klock again last Sunday @ Berghain. Was amazing as ever. Must have burned about 4000 calories during his 5hr set as could barely stop 'having it' other than 5 mins here & there to grab fuel from the bar :lol:... (admittedly took about an hour and a bit out to go upstairs for a mid-marathon rest with Ryan Elliott who was brilliant.. and to chat to Mr C who was there with his mates en masse !).

Going to this myself. Only second night out clubbing this year and cannot wait!

1st xmas party out the way now its 2 big ones back to back , soho work party friday and brixton friends party saturday. would pay good money not to be working sunday!

fri: Relax tonight

sat: First class train to London, love cheap deals, £25 each:D Check in at Langham (thank you airmiles). Wanted to do Leonardo exhibition, touts selling tickets for £100+ make it a no go. Eve, undecided, promised wifey we won't be going mad:twisted:

sun: http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/rist

edit: well done Becki great achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports ?

Fri - Decided I couldn't face going up to Manchester with the bad weather - so stayed in and checked out some tunes instead and stayed up far too late. Would be great to get some feedback on the Ostgut Ton night @ WHP... that I missed !

Sat - slept in and failed to face up to going Xmas shopping, feeling very rough and a tad fluey. Finally pulled it together to go to Art of Dark's party @ Corsica Studios. Probably not the best venue for it, queued for an hour (met some nice & clued in people tho') & was one of the oldest people there (some very young groups with plenty of baseball caps :lol:!). Must admit everyone well behaved, even the smattering of "Fuse" crowd, and the 2 quaint little ice cannons in Room 1 were a relief ! Cheap bar but drank them down to Sugarfree redbull by 6 :rolleyes:.

Musically it was clearly an education for a handful, but almost all got into it. DJ W!ld, Tato & Sossa all (thankfully) played good set on the upbeat side. Jordan Peak showed up too (nice guy) :). Danced most of the night.

Moved into the other room after 7am - crowd had thinned well over 50% and it really kicked off. Big time. Great atmosphere. Room to dance properly (everyone was !). Sossa's jaw was literally on the floor and even he was grooving in the crowd ! Jack Michaels & friends took control & stepped up the energy (this guy is really something behind the decks) & got a sit down round 8. Sanity prevailed tho' and left a little after 9, having well and truly danced off all fluey feelings & swapped excess alcohol for a post-workout serotonin high. I gather they went on till noon.

Sun - Lovely sunny day. Makes such a difference. Hour's kip and a shower - and finally managed to get out to sort most of my Xmas shopping. Flaked out at 9pm for a much-needed 12hour kip.

Work night out good. May be facing the unlikely scenario of one of my hot colleagues fancying me. :eek: Will be out drinking with her again on thurs, so need to work out what I want and how to play it.

In my favour, I'm not desperate to 'pull' at the moment - am more interested in building my confidence through weights. 8)

Sat: Pretty much as planned. Ended up at The Ministry until 7am Sunday:twisted: Wifey not too impressed, made it up to her sun am.:D

Sun: Touristy things around London and pipilotti rist exhibition = absolutely brilliant. Home to the children.

Cannot recommend The Langham enough for a total indulge yourself treat.

MOVED. I'm a Hertfordshire lass again, no longer a cool Dalston-ite NOOOOO :( ;)

Donated half our stuff to the Peace Hospice in Watford so feeling quite saintly this morning.

Getting v.excited about Crimbo!

This weekend was a really hard one emotionally for me, so it wasn't all that great.

Friday - Work office party as planned. Ended up crashing at a colleagues as it was 6am. Didn't drink very much after how much I drank Thursday.

Saturday - Went Christmas shopping, got the rest of the stuff I need

Sunday - Nothing much.

My weekend was terribly random. Much of what could go wrong did. At least it ended on a high note

Friday - After a day in which everything possible went wrong, the horrendous holiday shopping period traffic that evening meant that by the time I went home, dropped off my car and changed it was too late to attend the first party I'd planned to. Skipped straight to the second one, which was quiet. Then the third one which was already winding down around 1. Went to Simachev Bar and the night finally picked up - saw lots of randoms I hadn't seen in a while, danced, drank, went home around 4.

Saturday - Ran a bunch of errands in the afternoon then went to my corporate holiday party. Saw a procession of middling Russian pop acts (Band Eros, Gradusy, Valery Syutkin, Serebro, Yulia Kovalchuk, Chaif, Nyusha and Discoteca Avaria for any Russian-speakers lurking ;)). It started winding down later than expected so by the time I got to my next stop, the Bohemian Ball, that was already winding down too. Went home to change out of my suit but by then it was after 4am and I was wasted, so I decided to call it a night.

Sunday - Made a beef roast dinner in the afternoon, then went to club Milk for Blastfest. Really good music festival. Great bands - Twiggy, Tesla Boy, B-2 and the eponymous Blast. Suede headlined the event - not sure how they're perceived back in the UK but the crowd here loved them. I've seen Brett Andersen 3 times now (twice solo) and he's a top notch performer.

Fri - Decided I couldn't face going up to Manchester with the bad weather - so stayed in and checked out some tunes instead and stayed up far too late. Would be great to get some feedback on the Ostgut Ton night @ WHP... that I missed !

Absolutely superb night. Been to the WHP twice before and it was quieter than those times, a combination of weather, Christmas parties and Sasha the next day no doubt. No worse for it though, plenty of room to move and the dancefloor was actually bearable. The music was absolute quality, stayed in the main room throughout and Norman Nodge, Dettman/Klock did not play a bad tune all night. Don't think I've heard a better night of music to be honest and I've been listening to techno since about 1996. Hearing them in the Berghain must be an experience, sort of contemplating a trip but could have gone last year and been guaranteed guest list entry, may have missed the opportunity.

Back