Weekend Plans

kimajy has all these crazy little adventures but still posts on here while away non-stop.

Get out there and bloody enjoy yourself doing something random! :lol:

A lil bit too gone? ;)

Nah, not really, I just struggle to contain my excitement and wait for the big acts, meaning and I'm out about early doors, meaning that when the missus calls time after say, in this instance, 12 hours, it's not unreasonable.

kimajy has all these crazy little adventures but still posts on here while away non-stop.

Get out there and bloody enjoy yourself doing something random! :lol:

Did you enjoy Sankeys, Evolution ? Hope it was good and that you're looking forward to your Ibiza trip tomorrow :p.

Time online whilst abroad - about an hour in 38 whilst in France. Posts = 3. :confused:

Total sleep : Thurs morning - Mon morning : 8.5 hours in 91, analysed as to :

3 on planes; 3 1/2 in "hotel"; 1 on a rocky outcrop overhanging the sea on Saturday afternoon 8); 1 on the beach yesterday afternoon near Hyeres.

Driven kilometers from leaving home : 1,051 (653 miles) in 47 hours

Parties planned : 2 / Parties attended : 2

Time spent driving around trying to find/access "hotel" / party venues : probably about 5 hours :oops: (maps or directions of any real use : 0). Locals of any help : 1 out of about 15.

Number of times driven through / into Marseilles : 6 or 7 :eek:

French weekend driving danger rating (1 = insane / 5 = safe) : 1.5

Ease of parking generally (1 = impossible / 5 = take your pick) : 1.5

Train wreck factor (1 = collapsed / 5 = full of beans) : 1

Randomness factor (places seen / things done unplanned) : muchos !

Overall enjoyment and diversity rating (1 = waste of time / 5 = experience of a lifetime) : 4.5 :eek:

English spoken at venues of choice : virtually none - thank heavens I speak enough French or would have been completely screwed and "homeless" !!

May write a review when I get the time - simply awesome trip and I now know the area around Plan de Campagne like the back of my hand :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
& we haven't heard from him since ...

Hope you're OK, JV - did Portugal inspire ? :confused:

It was good. Glad we went to Lisbon rather than spending the whole time in Faro (best described as 'sleepy'). Lisbon has a great rough charm - somewhere between a Spanish city and Tangier. That Bairro Alto district was excellent, plus we went to Kremlin - good club and music, if slightly smaller than I was expecting.

It was good. Glad we went to Lisbon rather than spending the whole time in Faro (best described as 'sleepy'). Lisbon has a great rough charm - somewhere between a Spanish city and Tangier. That Bairro Alto district was excellent, plus we went to Kremlin - good club and music, if slightly smaller than I was expecting.

8) - Lisbon has been a meeting place for spies and renegades for decades ! Glad Kremlin was OK - people say similar things about Ministry of Sound 1st time they go there (on the size issue that is at least :)).

Algarve is fairly quiet after the kids have gone back to school. Would definitely stay somewhere there other than Faro itself - not exactly inspiring !! The whole area is best for golf and other sports - not too much else going on round there really.

A few photos from France - Cassis, Camargue, Hyeres & Marseilles - missing it already

Last edited by a moderator:
Back