Weekend Plans

Me too!

"Lets go for a walk" is my most feared suggestion when feeling all delicate and just wanting to sleep it off :lol:

Ha ha yeah I know that all too well - or the fact we make plans then I have to struggle through them with a hangover (all self inflicted I know!)

What makes it worse as my other half doesnt go out as much as I do and isnt really a big drinker unless its a big one with the lads so that kind of doesnt help my case :lol:

Wondering whether this chilli would be good to make for my Sat night dinner:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/may/12/cook-perfect-chilli-con-carne

It's a bit of a deviation fom my normal chilli. Chilli with coffee??

Beef dripping or vegetable oil, to fry
1kg mince
2 onions, thinly sliced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
500ml freshly brewed coffee
2 chipotle chillies
2 ancho chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
1 tbsp Mexican oregano
1 tbsp dark brown muscovado sugar
2 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
2 fresh long green chillies
400g cooked kidney beans

1. Heat the fat in a large, heavy-bottomed pan on a high heat, then brown the mince in batches, stirring regularly: don't crowd the pan, or it will steam rather than brown. Add the onions and stir fry briefly, until slightly browned.
2. Turn the heat down and add the garlic. Stir and cook until the onion has completely softened, then add the coffee and a generous pinch of salt and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, cut the stalks off the dried chillies and take out the seeds. Grind together in a pestle and mortar with rock salt and the roasted cumin seeds. Stir in the oregano and chilli powder.
4. Add the spices to the pan along with the sugar fresh chillies and simmer, partially covered, for another half hour, adding a little water if it seems dry, or you prefer a saucier chilli. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the beans, taste, and adjust the seasoning and spicing if necessary. If possible, leave overnight and reheat to serve.

What I have planned, Friday night in with my friend watching I spit on your Grave, Saturday spring cleaning ready for my house move in a fortnight and watching the footie. Sat night a couple of drinks at my friends house in bed by 2 so I can continue the cleaning on Sunday and feel fresh and funky on Monday!

What will probably happen is my friend Lou will come round we will settle down with film and a nice chilled glass of wine, will realise that the film is far too vile and promptly go to shop for a few more bottles, text, bmm fb friends and invite them round to join in our drinking and or head to nearest club. wake up Sat afternoon watch American Idol in my pajamas not having done any house work or cleaning get showered and ready to head to nice chilled house party, get a bit drunk tell everyone how I am a changed person and plan to be tucked up in bed by 1pm get a bit more drunk and convince everyone to join me in taxiing it to Dojos for Revolution the best house night in Bristol (easy to convince my friends) leave club at 7am then house party, then secondary house party at mine with a choice few then bed, wake up monday morning feeling fearful and wondering why it is I have no willpower...............oh well only live once!

What I have planned, Friday night in with my friend watching I spit on your Grave, Saturday spring cleaning ready for my house move in a fortnight and watching the footie. Sat night a couple of drinks at my friends house in bed by 2 so I can continue the cleaning on Sunday and feel fresh and funky on Monday!

What will probably happen is my friend Lou will come round we will settle down with film and a nice chilled glass of wine, will realise that the film is far too vile and promptly go to shop for a few more bottles, text, bmm fb friends and invite them round to join in our drinking and or head to nearest club. wake up Sat afternoon watch American Idol in my pajamas not having done any house work or cleaning get showered and ready to head to nice chilled house party, get a bit drunk tell everyone how I am a changed person and plan to be tucked up in bed by 1pm get a bit more drunk and convince everyone to join me in taxiing it to Dojos for Revolution the best house night in Bristol (easy to convince my friends) leave club at 7am then house party, then secondary house party at mine with a choice few then bed, wake up monday morning feeling fearful and wondering why it is I have no willpower...............oh well only live once!

Ha ha I tell myself the exact same thing after nights like that - always a good idea at the time too

I've got to work all weekend. Saving to go to Faliraki, so I've taken on a job in a meat factory on the production line:(. I do the tenderising of the meat. All weekend whacking ham and slapping salami.:(

Have you had your tickets yet? My boss is sweating as the freebies he managed to get for his wife and daughter have come but his paid-for tickets for him and his son haven't :lol::lol::lol: I don't know why I'm laughing as I'll be the one who will have to somehow track them down by speaking to every employee in Royal Mail until I can get hold of someone who can hand deliver them to his home on a silver platter...... :rolleyes:

Sorry (or congratulations) BG, our tickets arrived safe and sound this morning.

There are a few others waiting on tenterhooks for the postie tomorrow though. More info about what to do is here;
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=162682&page=1

Tonight - Sweet FA, Just the way i like it :D bowl of carbs and a dvd and a cuddle up in my duvet, bliss 8)

Saturday - 2 hour gym set, maybe a good hit at a 7 mile run - who am i kidding, il stick with the 2 hour gym set, then itl be time to get on it in le stone, Mepham is back out in her own town once again 8)

Sunday - Death ?! i can see it now :evil:

I've got to work all weekend. Saving to go to Faliraki, so I've taken on a job in a meat factory on the production line:(. I do the tenderising of the meat. All weekend whacking ham and slapping salami.:(

this poster has to be a spoof surely? but it isn't clear to me who the joke is on

:evil::cry:Big storms and rain all weekend takes the wind out of my sails. I hate when it wait until the weekend to rain:evil::( Outdoor plans ruined. I see bottles of Chianti classico and steaks in my future:)

Back