Weekend Plans?

Oh ya, sorry mate. Forgot to tell you. Got the visa on time so hurried back for Irina's birthday

(not that I wouldn't have gladly stayed for the Wembley game and other weekend fun, but since I had finished what I needed to do, I had no valid excuse to give the missus for not coming home :lol:)

Oh ya, sorry mate. Forgot to tell you. Got the visa on time so hurried back for Irina's birthday

(not that I wouldn't have gladly stayed for the Wembley game and other weekend fun, but since I had finished what I needed to do, I had no valid excuse to give the missus for not coming home :lol:)

No worries - my own fault for wimping injured on Sunday. Just about recovered for this Sat so I may end up to crippled to go out again anyway:lol:

Next time

weekend of hard labour - garden clearance and skip filling what joy :eek:

maybe squeeze in a a bit of girly beautifying on the saturday too.........

It's grime night back at the squat tonight. :lol:

Reeeally want to go as I'm very interested in this (G&D) scene at the mo.

Not sure I'll be able to find a willing sidekick though. :cry:

Saturday/Sunday = anyone's guess.

Tonight - Eff All (Probably spend the night on here hoping some good Ibiza nights/DJ's are announced...!)
Tomorrow - Same as (I'm skint....)
Sunday - Going down to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi Final - 5:30am start (eek)
Monday - Booked it off work to recover. It's also payday so I think I'll go and spend some of it before I'm skint again.

P.S. Viva Ronaldo.

It's grime night back at the squat tonight. :lol:

Reeeally want to go as I'm very interested in this (G&D) scene at the mo.

Not sure I'll be able to find a willing sidekick though. :cry:

Saturday/Sunday = anyone's guess.

G&D? Grime and Dubstep? I'm mildy intrigued....

Tonight: Catch up with Deperate Housewives and Shameless on play & demand & pop open some wine.

Tomorrow am: Photoshoot
Tomorrow pm: 30th Birthday in a village hall :confused:

Sunday: Lazy day with a Sunday Roast

G&D? Grime and Dubstep? I'm mildy intrigued....

It's a really interesting scene and not (due to popular belief) one that's confined to ghetto estate kids and the traditional hip hop crowd.

It's very gritty and dirty sounding hence why you often see it on a bill with reggae and drum 'n bass.

Grime is really underground and police and local authorities are closing down these venues left right and centre so it’s not a scene that has a permanent home.

Artists are also scared to promote themselves on flyers because police target them and shut down events.

Therefore only the most discerning of music lovers tend to follow this stuff.

Very interesting article:

http://www.timeout.com/london/clubs/features/2674/The_Met_vs_the_grime_scene.html

I really have tried c/o mark pritchard, burial, appleblim amongst others but I still find the music unlistenable - even though there are hints of something good in there

It's not unlistenable in the same way as trance (fascist) or commercial dance (formulaic) but more in the sense its beat sequencing is to my ears frustrating and largely inaccessible

It's not unlistenable in the same way as trance (fascist) or commercial dance (formulaic) but more in the sense its beat sequencing is to my ears frustrating and largely inaccessible

You mean it doesn't suit a musical youth like yourself?

Tonite: Have a mental masturbation session over some Trumers with a friend of mine who is confused on coming to a decision on whether to settle down in San Diego or move back to Madrid (where he is from). Should be interesting.

Sat.: Running in the morning followed by catching up on my expense report. After that the rest of the day is up in the air.

Sun.: Earth Day at a local park.

I really have tried c/o mark pritchard, burial, appleblim amongst others but I still find the music unlistenable - even though there are hints of something good in there

how and where have you listened to it though.

i kind of agree to you, but whenever i've heard a shackleton/skull disco or laurie osbourne (aka appleblim) played in another set, not often i admit, i find it pretty hard not to dance it.

then supposed records of the year like ricardo's minimoonstar, remixed by shackleton, just make me think that both of them are a load of sh!t. at best the track is is what you'd put on for doing yoga or something, at worst arty farty pretentious nonsense at the limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioL5OrlB-O8

Back