Weekend Plans (Easter version)

The new venue is awesome. I prefer it a lot more than the old one already. Good to have a proper second room as well. Crazy Crazy heat though :lol: thought I'd walked into a sauna at times.

Good to know! helps with outfit choices for today!

EEEK excited! :)

Really great weekend
changed plans and only out saturday / sunday, football during the day on saturday

saturday, mate had came down from aberdeen, and we hit pressure @ arches for laurent garnier, slam & ben klock, brilliant night, really good crowd in (lot of older faces since it was slam's 20th birthday..., impressive setup they had for garnier in main arch,
went to substanz afters, good time had in there.8)

sunday, all day / night party in saint judes, pretty cool venue, good setup with 3 rooms on the go, bit of a young crowd all wired on ketamine:lol:, good sampler of the residents from the smaller club nights in glasgow (with a few more name people from the likes of sunday circus, Sensu & Subculture, night was headlined by The Glimpse, sound was off for him to begin with, but got on form the last hour....nice wee change of venue for a glasgow night8)

Pretty good weekend all in all.

WHP Sunday was definitely the highlight. Maya Jane Coles really good, Jamie Jones set really good. Unfortunately had a memory black out between the two and remember nothing of them. Although I've been told the only thing of interest to happen was me getting smacked in the face....from the look of my top lip this definitely happened, I look like I've had those dodgy lip injections!

Monday: felt the most rediculously ill I've felt for days. Slept from 6am - 10.30 am today. Still feel like crap :(

Mine was a good weekend. Started off brilliantly with a 2-0 away win at Watford, visited some family in London and returned, only just catching the train, on Saturday. Went Sankeys, Francois K was awesome playing some classic techno tracks with a few random house tracks thrown in. Lawler was average, his set just never really got going and he just played mellow house track for 2 hours. Syrossian finished things off and he killed it. Best set I've hear from him.

Next up for me is either Dave Clarke and JB's or Coxy at Sankeys. Ooh decisions decisions...

Just can't put the weekend into words. :eek:

Andrew Weatherall's ALFOS night at Corsica = 8) 8) 8) - blown away by his music at the mo.

Body&SOUL on Sunday = never experienced anything quite like it. This night will be remembered for the rest of my days. Beautiful set up, newly refurbed (HOT) warehouse on Hackney Rd, skylights letting in the sunshine during the day, gigantic glitter balls and vids of NYC projected onto the walls. 2000+ sussed music lovers of all ages dancing, singing and smiling.

A big room event with a really intimate, friendly feeling.

Francois, Krivit and Claussell really did nail it. Totally amazing - sad this kind of event only happens once every few years. :cry:

A real treat. 8)

Although I've been told the only thing of interest to happen was me getting smacked in the face....from the look of my top lip this definitely happened, I look like I've had those dodgy lip injections!

:( - never a good thing ... but were you taking the old polite but firm approach ....... or giving it 'straight from the hip' at the time :?: :lol:

Trip to WHP for me on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the new site. Very nice lineup for it too

How did that night go?
The line-up looked amazing. Did you see Joris Voorn?

Joris was inmense on saturday at Fabric. Played for a much longer set than at Ministry and this time he was on last in Room 2, as he should be.

Also caught the end of Damian Lazarus set, was good with the BPM's much lower than I expected, but still keeping the room dancing till gone 9am.

:( - never a good thing ... but were you taking the old polite but firm approach ....... or giving it 'straight from the hip' at the time :?: :lol:

apparently I was walking out to the smoking area for a fag and someone banged into my face (im quite short) whilst I attempted to drink my can, lip literally looks like its hanging off.

Worst still I took a guy home with me as it started to swell, brilliant end to the night. I looked like a shivering mess child of the elephant man.

Andrew Weatherall's ALFOS night at Corsica = 8) 8) 8) - blown away by his music at the mo.

Body&SOUL on Sunday = never experienced anything quite like it. This night will be remembered for the rest of my days. Beautiful set up, newly refurbed (HOT) warehouse on Hackney Rd, skylights letting in the sunshine during the day, gigantic glitter balls and vids of NYC projected onto the walls. 2000+ sussed music lovers of all ages dancing, singing and smiling.

Francois, Krivit and Claussell really did nail it. Totally amazing - sad this kind of event only happens once every few years. :cry:

A real treat. 8)
that body & soul night sounds excellent...wished i'd went to see krivitt, francois k & clauseel when they played at electric frog in glasgow...good friend of mine went to a body & soul nigth many years ago in new york...he did find it strange no alcohol on sale during the day :)(him beign a non pill taker.

weatherall & sean johnston,, and the whole A love from Outer Space night i'm well into as well (been to the 2 nights in glasgow, sadly not this thursday, but shall be in edinburgh on the 4th of may for that one...the 5hr marathon at Rockness im looking forward too as well!!
the facebook group for A Love From Outer Space is well worth checking, lot of good songs get posted, mix links put up

A real treat. 8)
Lucky you. Spent a summer in NYC and Body&soul on sunday was something i`ll never forget.The mix of people was something else.Went to one of the B&S partys in central park during that summer lots of people on roller skates bustin moves and everyone dancing in the sunshine...8)

Snap that's where I will be, shame the weather is not better but I like Banks as a venue. The saved thing can be a bit clicky but some of the line ups they have at source are unreal

How did you find it?

Little disappointed with the turn out at TDUK. With an extra 100-200 people giving loads more atmosphere in that marquee would've been fantastic!

Thought Pete Griffiths smashed it as much as the headliners too, shame it wound down a little too early.

I actually went to Source after (long after JJ had gone), and it was good. Still a few knob heads loitering, but generally a good crowd.

But I agree, some of their line-ups are unreal! Can't wait for Groove Armada and Luciano next Bank Hol!

Back