Weekend Machinations (20-22 Nov)

Friday - I will be here:

n159506287762_5395.jpg

I know few people going to this. Looks good.

Tonight the kids have given me a weeks worth of beats that I have missed out on! Eventually they wore out just before my old limbs did.

Tomorrow more of above. Evening time I shall be indulging at Toolroom Knights myself. Thought I would awake from my slumber for thi one.

Sunday - more beats and lots of feeling sorry for myself.

Sandcastles not heard that before but great tune.

Cocoon WHP was brill could not have been a better night. Sneak & Loco Dice back to back (so i'm told I could barely see a yard ahead of me)

Sandcastles not heard that before but great tune.

Cocoon WHP was brill could not have been a better night. Sneak & Loco Dice back to back (so i'm told I could barely see a yard ahead of me)

Heading to Luciano there in 2 weeks - fingers crossed it'll be good.. still not sure about the venue :confused:

Hola

The concert was amazing, as Rachel said, an exploding moment after an exploding moment. They sang four or five themes from the last album and the rest was hit after hit: try walking in my shoes, in my room, never let me down, behind the wheel, world through my eyes, personal jesus, enjoy the silence (totally sang by the public, they only sang a couple of phrases)...

I am still in shock that, even having the violator in vinyl, I never saw them before, such a powerfull, electric and energetic live.

Robder, do you think I could get tickets to see Depeche Mode in December in London with you? :lol:

Ooh. You've got me excited, Sil! Countdown... 2 months until I see them here :D
I also can't believe you hadn't seen them before!

The A-ha concert was also great last night 8) They played 5 songs off of their first album (The Sun Always Shines on TV, Hunting High and Low, Take On Me, Dream Myself Alive and Train of Thought), many of the singles since then - Cry Wolf, Summer Moved On, Forever Not Yours, Living Daylights, Stay on These Roads. Also some songs from the new album like Foot of the Mountain.

I was only disappointed that there were no Crying in the Rain and my favorite a-ha tune I've Been Losing You.

Sad to see them go, if this really is their last tour. One of the most underrated bands around. Aside from Marten's amazing voice (strong as ever live) they come up with some really gorgeous melodies.

3 nights out on the spin - ouch.

FRI - scott grooves @ EV 7/10 - thought he was alright (if a bit predictable at times) worked the system well - the club is lot better than it was, (and the resident is brilliant) just a shame the crowd were totally flat. Severino was playing disco upstairs to a bunch of well-oiled office workers. Mostly successfully avoided.

SAT - badpassion @ the C.A.M.P basement 8/10 (ace warehousey vibe literally next to old st tube on city road) I noticed that the council had their noise control jobsworths out in force, monitoring the decibel levels with what looked like radiation readers. Outraged, I went over to the woman and asked her how much they paid her to do that job, but mercifully she ignored me. The guest was a very talented Japanese guy KZA who produces under the name Force of Nature and he performed wonders having flown 13 hours and then been detained by immigration for a further SIX! He played one of my tunes of the year $hit robot - work it out (todd terje mix) which he teased in, causing justified pandemonium

SUN - greg wilson / tirk / credit to the edit vol.2 launch @ horse & groom 7/10; rammed like no pub I've been to since that infamous first week as a student in 1993. He played the usual array of classics, with new twists like his recent interpretation of voodoo ray. tensnake 'congolal' was off the scale too. gotta love sundays.

ruined. Am in hiding till NYE now.

The A-ha concert was also great last night 8) They played 5 songs off of their first album (The Sun Always Shines on TV, Hunting High and Low, Take On Me, Dream Myself Alive and Train of Thought), many of the singles since then - Cry Wolf, Summer Moved On, Forever Not Yours, Living Daylights, Stay on These Roads. Also some songs from the new album like Foot of the Mountain.

I was only disappointed that there were no Crying in the Rain and my favorite a-ha tune I've Been Losing You.

Sad to see them go, if this really is their last tour. One of the most underrated bands around. Aside from Marten's amazing voice (strong as ever live) they come up with some really gorgeous melodies.

Indeed they do, gutted I missed them in Manchester. train of thought is awesome. Did they do Soundrel Days?

Indeed they do, gutted I missed them in Manchester. train of thought is awesome. Did they do Soundrel Days?
Yep... The main omissions were as noted above and also a couple of later album 2nd singles (eg. Lifelines, Minor Earth Major Sky). But I reckon that was the price to pay for some 1st-album joy.

Friday started off ok. It had stopped raining about lunchtime and there were some waves.
So grabbed the board and surfed for an hour or so before my son came back from school.
Got back to the house and discovered that it had been broken into and they had stolen my ipod and about $100.
They steal soooo fcking much here. The worst place for that I have ever been. Last time they even stole my shorts off the beach...and they were only 10ft away from me.
Ipod had 1400 tracks on it....about half not backed up as my other laptop broke.
Not happy.
Friday night, the rain kicked back in...so we watched a movie at home.
Saturday was spent messing around at the police station etc.
Feeling I deserved a night out...went into Puerto Viejo to see what was happening.
Had a couple beers around and ventured to a local club.
Talk about menacing...Firstly whist trying to buy some drinks. at the bar I was told to ''Move out of my space, you are standing too close'' by some meathead...I just told him to relax and not be so uptight..... that didn't really do the trick. However, one look at the big Jamaican surfer mate I was buying the beer for did.
But the whole aura of the place was totally different to what I am used to in Ibiza.
Very dangerous and volotile.
Music was crap too.
Not even the locals were getting into it....most were content enough with staring each other out.
Left for home at about 4am.....got into the car, only to have some nutcase drunk girl stop me from closing the door and demanding that I give her $5. Refusal didn't go down too well...and she said ''Don't you know who I am? I am such and such's girlfriend and he's going to kill you'' .... Yeah yeah, darling, if he cared that much about you, you wouldn't be having to ponce off me...now go away.
Sunday rained all day.

Monday....The sun is out and I surfed all morning, so all is forgotten and I'm happy again.

Hola

The concert was amazing, as Rachel said, an exploding moment after an exploding moment. They sang four or five themes from the last album and the rest was hit after hit: try walking in my shoes, in my room, never let me down, behind the wheel, world through my eyes, personal jesus, enjoy the silence (totally sang by the public, they only sang a couple of phrases)...

I am still in shock that, even having the violator in vinyl, I never saw them before, such a powerfull, electric and energetic live.

Robder, do you think I could get tickets to see Depeche Mode in December in London with you? :lol:

I would love to see these bad boys again.... I only ever went to see them for their first 2 tours... lol :lol::lol::lol: Speak & Spell and Construction time again.... after that they kind of went off my radar... I discovered them again around Violator.... I would be sooo up for a visit to London to hear them again... Should we do a Spotlight en Masse visit when they play next :lol::lol::lol:

Repeats quietly to self: do not touch computer when drunk, do not touch computer when drunk, do not touch computer when drunk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back