Weekend Machinations (20-22 Nov)

Morbyd

It's now officially more than halfway through the work week, on this side of the Greenwich meridian at least :lol: What's your monotony-beating plan for the rest of the week?

Tonight - rare weekday outing :twisted: Work-related reception, then going to a promoter friend's happy hour drinks at the reincarnated club Cocoon, then another friend's preview party of the new club Progressive Daddy (unfortunate name :lol:) then to Garage to watch Slovenia v Russia.

Thurs - Might go to Luch for a Malcolm McLaren exhibit opening and (gasp) DJ set

Fri - The quarterly karaoke outing with some former colleagues, most likely followed by a random night of club-hopping with the usual gang, one of whom is moving to S. Africa on Sunday. Would like to stop by Panorama Bar (Berlin) party at Discoteque.

Sat - Lazy afternoon, followed by (see above, minus karaoke and replace Panorama Bar with Salvation). Hope to make it to morning for Krysha Mira afterparty with Serge Devant.

Sunday - a-ha concert :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight - got joint birthday drinks with a colleague at a bar in the City...hoping it wont be too messy - hate the next day at work feeling hungover and not remembering what you said to work colleagues once the wine sets in! :oops::lol:

Rest of week no plans as of yet, may catch up with some friends over the weekend but not a great deal else.

Thinking a quiet weekend with the ferrets may be in order.

Considering Antagony in Vauxhall on Saturday but that's still tbc.

Some nice healthy slop and a bottle of wine in front of a film would be smashing.

(strangely just had a pang for the Cross as that's where I used to head years ago when I couldn't bear to stay in on a Friday...Awww the cross. :( :eek:)

On friday I'm going to Depeche Mode's concert with Rachel
Saturday I'm spending the day at my intelectual friends' in the seaside, on the evening I have a birthday party but I'm not sure if I want to go
Sunday, hopefully spending the day sunbathing in the garden and enjoying this stupid november weather

Woop woop finally doing something.

Cocoon at the Warehouse Project on Friday - mates birthday, Loco Dice & Sneak. Can not wait. Saturday watch sport then back out to Chorlton for continuation. Bisherdebasherydebosh indeed.

8) 8)

I've already got tix but the tour doesn't get here until February :cry:

Have fun! :D

Saw this in your email! :eek:

I'm going in December - can't wait!!! Lucky lucky you - please tell me what it was like. 8)

I've been waiting for it for years, if I ever manage to see the Cure I would fullfill my teenage dream :D

I promise pics, movies and track list on monday 8)

well if you do manage to pull that one off take me please! :eek:

They were on a big tour two years ago, I couldn't go cos I was on crutches, but my friends said it was two hours of old hit after old hit. Maybe we still have a chance :eek:

Well, after a week of going to bed at 9pm and getting up at 5.30am.... I am going to try and venture out and make some friends.
Trouble is, we get spoilt in Ibiza, best music and places to go.
Right now in Costa Rica it's Reggae, Reggae, Salsa, something caled ''Dance Hall'' and did I mention the Reggae.
I try to like it.........but I can't help it. I don't. I just don't get Reggae. I don't get Salsa either.
So....hopefully it stops raining soon and the surf does what it should be doing so I am too knackered to even think about any nightime shenanigans.

They were on a big tour two years ago, I couldn't go cos I was on crutches, but my friends said it was two hours of old hit after old hit. Maybe we still have a chance :eek:
Ooh.. the Cure. They are always a good show. I've seen them 3 times but all back in the US so it's been over a decade.

They haven't been to Moscow since I've been here. :(

Ooh.. the Cure. They are always a good show. I've seen them 3 times but all back in the US so it's been over a decade.

They haven't been to Moscow since I've been here. :(
Once saw the Cure in Croydon,the raincoat years,they've changed !

Getting very excited about Saturday, having been taking it very easy for a couple of months!!

Saturday day, going with a Client to Twickenham to see England get slapped about by the All Blacks!!

By night, Toolroom Knights 3rd Birthday, with as strong a line up as i could wish for! Spoon & D'Ramirez b2b, MK & MTV b2b, with Funkagenda closing the box! Dirty Vegas amongst others in the bar!

Sunday. possibiltyb of going to the Spurs Wigan game, even though i may well be spent!

Friday - I will be here:

n159506287762_5395.jpg

On Saturday, I will be here:

n177351011650_2317.jpg

On Sunday, I will be here:

man_on_train.jpg

On friday I'm going to Depeche Mode's concert with Rachel
Saturday I'm spending the day at my intelectual friends' in the seaside, on the evening I have a birthday party but I'm not sure if I want to go
Sunday, hopefully spending the day sunbathing in the garden and enjoying this stupid november weather

Hola Silvia

I will be in BCN 17-27D - can you let me know if there are any good concerts worth checking then? :)

Hola Silvia

I will be in BCN 17-27D - can you let me know if there are any good concerts worth checking then? :)

Hola Oly
I don't have any concert planned after depeche mode. to answer your question I would google it... I think Fangoria plays at Palau de la Música on the 29th
It's x-mas anyway, so don't htink there's much more going on

Sat:
Rare venture out of the house to the big smoke for a bit of a knees up with friends / work cronies :D:D Recruits for parting afterwards seem unlikely though:spank: :cry:

Staying in some dinghy backwater hotel as everything in the whole of London seemed to be full.

Sun:
Stroll around London before flying home.

Enjoy your weekends people :):):)

Back