Web hosting

I'm using dreamhost, they absolutely great - Loads of space, stacks of bandwidth (Its amazing how quickly you can go through it if you are hosting DJ mixes!) and loads of really useful easy to use extras.

I think its works out at £50 a year for the basic package

dmac said:
I'm using dreamhost, they absolutely great - Loads of space, stacks of bandwidth (Its amazing how quickly you can go through it if you are hosting DJ mixes!) and loads of really useful easy to use extras.

I think its works out at £50 a year for the basic package

Thanks mate, checking em out :)

There is a hell of a lot of stuff on that page. Look for the hosting link.

What kind of support do you need?

I guess I've never really tried to find out. I signed up online and my site always works... I think only once (when I tried to change my hosting package) did contact them. Their FAQs and instructions are quite good.

I use Dreamweaver for design and upload, though I sometimes just FTP through Internet Explorer, and I've never have problems uploading files to the site.

Should ask around but I guess I have some room available on our dedigated server.How much traffic are you expecting to generate?

wimpers said:
Should ask around but I guess I have some room available on our dedigated server.How much traffic are you expecting to generate?

Quite low traffic mate :) I can host my mixes elsewhere so really the only bandwidth strain would be the pics in my gallery.. I think I get about 20 visitors a day on average...

8)

Morbyd said:
chewie_oo7 said:
Mark Sun said:
Paddy Eeziglow said:
http://www.1and1.co.uk are the best UK-based webhosts I've seen.

Been warned off these guys - anecdotally, they are apparently very aggressive if you decide to cancel your contract..

how long do they tie you in for?
Godaddy is month to month. You can cancel whenever 8)

and has it got that snazzy idiots way to design a website?

chewie_oo7 said:
and has it got that snazzy idiots way to design a website?
They do have some basic design thing you can use, I think.

Download Dreamweaver and learn to design your own site. I learned enough to do mine in one Saturday afternoon.

chewie_oo7 said:
cant be arsed.

only want it to have a page that says...

DOWNLOAD MIX HERE

:lol:
If you want, I could build you a basic page. Just send me some pix & text or whatever you want on it.

Then you set up your account, tell me your FTP info and I'll upload the page and give you instructions on how to upload your mixes ;)

I got 200Mb automatically with my broadband service provider Freedom2Surf. It's enough to put three full CD's on at 128kbits or 2 at 192kbits plus shedloads of photos. I believe they also do paid for hosting, check them out;

http://www.freedom2surf.net/

OK now my old providers are being extremely uncommunicative about releasing my domain name :evil:

If this continues, is there a governing body I can contact to make a complaint?

Back