weather

Lisa

Hi,
I am thinking of going to ibiza on 1-8 may with my hubbie and 2 children-I always go to Ibiza in July (last 23 years!!), will we be able to swim first week in May or is the water too cold? will it be warm enough to sit on the beach?
many thanks for any replies I receive.

you'll find ibiza in may incredibly pleasant when compared to the searing heat and humidity of july. the day time temperatures are hot enough to get a tan - be careful, the sun's stronger than you think - and a night it's cool enough to wear your best clothes. take layers.
swimming is for the more hardy types ie kids.

Thanks Stephen for your reply-yes I can find july in ibiza a little too hot to enjoy-may well book flights-thanks for that-loving the website.

swimming for sure.

i was at salinas at 9:30 and some were already dipping their speedoes in!

Hi,
I am thinking of going to ibiza on 1-8 may with my hubbie and 2 children-I always go to Ibiza in July (last 23 years!!), will we be able to swim first week in May or is the water too cold? will it be warm enough to sit on the beach?
many thanks for any replies I receive.

I will also be there 1st May, have been sometime in the first couple of weeks in May for years. Sometimes all clear blue skies, 20C and sat on the beach all day - other years a couple of showery days and a good excuse to explore and have a long lunch.

Water is usually ok once you are in but can be a exhilerating at first ;)

Take an extra layer for evenings as it can go a bit chill.

will we be able to swim first week in May or is the water too cold? will it be warm enough to sit on the beach?
i had lunch today at one my favourites beaches and there was plenty of people sunbathing, some of them swimming, others doing water sports, playing tennis, etc ! !

spring is such a lovely time to enjoy the island, the best in my opinion.....

btw lisa, make sure you dont miss this:

:arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=65493

Last Saturday @ La Salinas @ Jockey Club

dz850w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back