We love Sundays @ space vs other days @space...?

H

happyman

Last year we went to Tonic @ space (terrace) on the Friday morning/afternoon and had a great time!!

It was a lot less crowded than on the sun and they were playing some wicked tunes. I have to admit the first time I went Space on a Sun it totally blew me away and I loved it. :)

However after going last year I'm not so sure. It was too crowded to dance very early on, to hot to stand still and enjoy the tunes and the atmosphere wasn't the same as it felt as if it was now somewhere that people went to be seen rather than have a great time. :( We said F*7K it and went over to Bora Bora which was how Space used to be yet much cheaper!

Does anyone agree with me?

Is Tonic on this year or is there any other days nwhen the terrace is good?

Tonic opened last Friday on the terrace, didn't go but Brandon Block was staying in our hotel and he was trying to talk us into going but couldn't physically move on Friday morning :rolleyes:

Also Manumission Carry On is good on Tuesday morning.

But IMO you can't beat Sundays@Space :D

Barbie said:
Tonic opened last Friday on the terrace, didn't go but Brandon Block was staying in our hotel and he was trying to talk us into going but couldn't physically move on Friday morning :rolleyes:

Cheers babs

Do a lot of people hang out by the pool at Es vive as we're staying there. Is it hard to get a lounger and stuff?

What goes on at the evenings? Is the bar open late and do people drink there?

Can you walk to Bora Bora from there?

Sorry for all the questions....

I'm Excited as we're leaving in about 14 hours...

:lol: :lol:

The fact that Sundays@Space is so busy is a little off-putting.

I really enjoyed Carl Cox at Space last year as it was busy but stil plenty of room to dance and chill out.

I just don't find it enjoyable when it's so busy you can hardly move.

i wish Cox's event was all day on the terrace, not a big fan of inside space so wont be going.

Must admit there are alot of people that are there to look good, i know its good to make an effort but some people over OTT for a club that is about the music.

I'll still be going sundays @ space this year, cos of the line up, and the fact you can use the terrace all day, the problem is with such good line ups it's gonna get busy..

happyman said:
Cheers babs

Do a lot of people hang out by the pool at Es vive as we're staying there. Is it hard to get a lounger and stuff?

What goes on at the evenings? Is the bar open late and do people drink there?

Can you walk to Bora Bora from there?

It varies day to day, some days it is quiet round pool, other times you struggle to find lounger. The bar is open 24 hours YAY :D again varies, we often had a few drinks there before we went out cos it's really nice and chilled and then there are always a few repribates (namely me :rolleyes: :p ) drinking there from 8/9am when the clubs close.

It's about 20 minute walk to Bora Bora, longer if you go on the sand, bout 1/2 hour so we walked down road most of the time.

Due to flight times I can't make the Sunday Space session so anyone got an opinion / experiences of the In Bed parties which take place later in the week ?? It looks like they run from AM until later in the afternoon.

Barbie said:

Hehe, we went after Cream and Blocko looked pretty hungover when he showed up :) He didn't play till the afternoon but his set was 1st class. Hitting some of the old tunes without being "Old Skool". Really enjoyed it. Not that many people there but we did have spider man tripping in the middle of the dancfloor much to everyones amusment - especially when his costume fell down round his ankles, LOL.

We left at around 4.30 but one guy stayed for Alex P's set. And because he was dancing so badly due to being very drunk(etc). Peasy kept taking the beats out or pitching it right down so he couldn't dance in time, LOL. I'm told Alex was nearly crying with mirth over that, LOL.

Back at the hotel Brandon told me that even by his standards we had done a pretty good job of kaning it over the last few days, LOL.

But probably the best time I had in Space was the 'Mission Carry on. Really busy but not packed. People in funny fancy dress. The girls setting up a limbo comp. The set building up from gentle beach house to full on party anthems over the morning at exactly the right rate. Anything going. The bed. Everything really.

Back