we love sundays opening

T

technoboy

hello ! i wonder why sasha didnt play in the opening ( again ) .
remember , last year he was in many sundays of space and didnt
play at all , and this year the only date he has in this club , and
dont go ... is it sasha laughing of space , or is it space having some
money with the tickets and ghost djs ?

that is an absolute disgrace. i went before he started, so didn't realise he was a no show.

that means i have known 4 no shows in the last 3 years from sasha!

not getting a good name for himself is he :rolleyes: :?:

last time i heard him was at creamfields festival last year, and was very let down so not too bothered whether i hear him or not, but too get soo big for your boots (as me dad would say) that you don't even turn up where expected and advertised is bang out of order imo

oh well

still sooooooo much more talent to see hey peeps :D

I herard him for a bit at Homelands, he was boring, and uninspiring.

andre27 said:
bollox...Sasha is a fantastic Dj...

Nah (yawn) he's boring and predictable. Slow endless breakdowns and souless beats.
Shame really because I loved him between 88-95.
& missing out on all those really important dates??? Tw*t!
Aside from being loads of fun, they look great on his CV. I hope he dies a death and does us all a favour.
I'd rather hear Sash!

klingclubber said:
but too get soo big for your boots (as me dad would say)

Oh no! Just realised, Sasha is demonstrating classic affected Diva behaviour! He doesn't give interviews either!!!
Next he'll be kicking up a fuss at being sexually assaulted whilst being searched at Ibiza airport!! (Diana Ross stylee)

Robder said:
andre27 said:
bollox...Sasha is a fantastic Dj...

Nah (yawn) he's boring and predictable. Slow endless breakdowns and souless beats.
Shame really because I loved him between 88-95.
& missing out on all those really important dates??? Tw*t!
Aside from being loads of fun, they look great on his CV. I hope he dies a death and does us all a favour.
I'd rather hear Sash!

Haha, you've hit the nail on the head there mate, completely agree with you!

I used to enjoy him in the earlier days but he's so boring now its unbeleiveable!

Just like footballers , when a DJ starts beleiving they are bigger than any night or club, thats when they go down hill and people despise them, after all its us clubbers who've ploughed money into watching them DJ and buying their records, so once they start biting the hand that feeds them, they're on a hiding to nothing, just hope the promoters don't put up with it, but I doubt it!

Bring on the funk!

Sacha used to suffer from panic attacks, I dont know if he still does, but I got a feeling he does, and that, I think, is part of the reason he was a no-show this year, and also at the opening of Space last year.

Of course his ego went throught the roof the way the british music press was putting him on a pedestal. "Sasha is God", I dont know how many times I saw that and similar head-lines in Mixmag etc, but unfortunately what goes up must come down, and he was young and impressionable. Imagine yourself, from nowhere, to the world stage, in an industry where drugs florish, its a wonder not many more go down.

I never really liked his music anyway. Thought it was blown out of proposions, the Sacha iconising.

Whats his album like? Airbournedrawndagger or something?

Robder,

You're way off on Sasha, as far as I'm concerned. If you want obvious melodies, big riffs, or pounding beats -- he's not your man. His stuff is more subtle in nature. When he's on (and he's not as much as he used to be) he's pure class.

When on form, Sasha is far from boring. So you go listen to Sash!

andre27 said:
When on form, Sasha is far from boring. So you go listen to Sash!

the point being that you never know in advance. ive seen him twice and he bored the pants off me.

In 2001 he was playing after James Zabiela inside Space

t'was the night of the power cut! - after over an hour of no juice for the sound system he was getting a bit tetchy - i asked him what was happening and he replied "its all f***ed!"

once power was restored he let Zabiela on again and he played the odd few tunes amid Zabielas set

wait wait !
i think that here sasha is the main guilty but .. what
about space ? i imagine that when a dj breaks his
contract , he doesnt win all that thousands of euros ,
so , the money goes to space 100% great for them ,
dont you think ? im sure space will never refound the
money back , so , lets blame to space too !

Yeah , Space coin it big time if a big name is no-show - they wouldn't be able to annouce missed flights, so people still go thinking Sasha is playing

At Pressure in Glasgow last November, Thomas Bangalter was due to do a set with DJ Falcon - Bangalter got told by medics not to travel...too late to refund tickets so Slam (promoters of Pressure) gave everyone a free drink and Slam special mix on CD as they went in
not much i agree but shows a bit of effort and thought on their part

BTW - Does the sasha no -show now mean that he won't have any Space dates this year!?!

macdonsj said:
too late to refund tickets so Slam (promoters of Pressure) gave everyone a free drink and Slam special mix on CD as they went in

The lovely people that they are. :D

Back