We Love Space 2016 *renamed SUNDAYS AT SPACE*

mr_why

This will cause a lot of discussion, so thought we needed a proper thread.....WE LOVE IS BACK at Space

WE LOVE SPACE
Every Sunday at Space Ibiza

The much loved and seminal club night We Love Space will continue to define Ibizan

Sundays for the ultimate season in 2016

We Love Space Opening Party Sunday June 5th

newsletter_Welove.jpg

This will cause a lot of discussion, so thought we needed a proper thread.....WE LOVE IS BACK at Space

WE LOVE SPACE
Every Sunday at Space Ibiza

The much loved and seminal club night We Love Space will continue to define Ibizan

Sundays for the ultimate season in 2016

We Love Space Opening Party Sunday June 5th

newsletter_Welove.jpg

I love this announcement!!! :D

What type of lineups should we expect, the old guard or a mix of old + new

Yeah I know they do, that's why I asked. I wasn't aware of the same stuff on another thread.

Damn for a moment there I thought the old we love... was coming back. Ah well...

Tell us more please

At the end of the day, I don't care what the original guys say, We Love was just about Space Ibiza on a Sunday (no sh_it there I know)..... but it's the last year, and it's not like a bunch of start-ups are taking We Love and starting it elsewhere. Its SPACE!

Some Twitter Comments:

Mark Broadbent‏@markwelove
Just to be clear. There are NON of the We Love originators or staff involved in this years cynical cash in at space Ibiza Sunday's this year

Mark Broadbent ‏@markwelove 9 mins9 minutes ago
And that's my last word on it. Support or abort at your own discretion. #boycotspaceibiza

Mark Broadbent ‏@markwelove 9 mins9 minutes ago
And that's my last word on it. Support or abort at your own discretion. #boycotspaceibiza

I wasn't around for the early We Love days, so i dont even know who Mark Broadbent is. However, this is beyond comical, if he thinks anyone is going to boycott Space in its last year because he is not involved with some party that he was involved with a bunch of years ago, I have to think he feels he is more important than he is.

At the end of the day, I don't care what the original guys say, We Love was just about Space Ibiza on a Sunday (no sh_it there I know)..... but it's the last year, and it's not like a bunch of start-ups are taking We Love and starting it elsewhere. Its SPACE!

Don't you mean Space Ibiza was just about We Love on a Sunday?

That party alone in its prime put space on the map and made it's name.

Then when it was dying a death Broadbent came in and brought it back again with the lineups he booked.

Got a funny feeling this will be shit.

Easy enough to brush it off on here but you could understand why he might be a bit upset no?

Oh he has every right to be upset, I would be too. My point was simply its going to go on deaf ears, people are going to flock to Space (in my opinion), because its their last year regardless of who is behind the wheels from a promoter standpoint.

Got a funny feeling this will be shit.

Its always possible, but i get the feeling dj's will lineup to be a part of this in it's final year, but again just my opinion.

Can see both sides of the arguements. But happy to see we love back at space. Heard the rumor is that the roof on the terrace is gonna be retractable ;)

Reactions: ric
We Love was going downhill from 2008 I'd say, I still carried on going every year as it was an institution, but finally gave up in 2012 because there was such better nights on at Space (Enter/Elrow)

I cant see this last attempt cash in being any different.. if I was to pick one last party to go to at Space (excluding closing) it would be Elrow, no other promoter has used the club in that way and to that much effort, it really is something to be seen.

We Love hanging a few smiley inflatables from the ceiling just doesn't cut it anymore, and their odd selection of djs.. Disclosure for example.

it'll be interesting to see the full line ups that get booked, I could be wrong but I feel like some of the old residents/regulars may not want to play the party under that name if Hughes and the Broadbents are not involved (and feeling exploited)?

it'll be interesting to see the full line ups that get booked, I could be wrong but I feel like some of the old residents/regulars may not want to play the party under that name if Hughes and the Broadbents are not involved (and feeling exploited)?

pretty sure yeah. plus, lots of those names are involved elsewhere nowadays.

Back