Water...

jamese75

OK, so it's moving towards the party season and, clearly, there are many new users of this site.

So, I feel justified to re-announce my warning to all those going to the white isle this year.

Water is fcuking expensive!!!

In any of the big clubs, you should budget for a price of £4 per bottle, £5 in Pacha! (6-8 euros/ dollars).

If you are planning to take anything to 'enhance' your night out, you are advised to sip about a pint an hour to protect yourself from dehydration and heatstroke. Even without, the drink prices and the heat ensure you will still have to spend £40-50 in a night.

Of course, there are ways around this, as I'm sure others will advise, but you take the chance that it may not work and it will only lessen the load, not eliminate it.

The only way to protect yourself is to go equipped with plenty of cash, avoiding the need to go home early, exausted, and allowing you to avoid the shock at the bar and enjoy the experience to the max.

And before you try the taps in the toilets, BEWARE. The water is often heavily salted (some say naturally, others are more suspicious). Whatever, drinking sea water is no way to quench you thirst.

Stay cool and be prepared.

James

8 euros for water!!! Good Lord. How bad (hot) does it get in clubs??

Is it so hot that you are FORCED to buy some kind of drink??

How easy is it to sneak in drinks??

Just curious.

I was pretty well forced last year at Cream to buy water since it was overcrowd beyond belief and honestly about 60 degrees celcius in Amnesia. It was 8 euros for the bottle and the girl hid my change under the receipt. When I asked her for my change, she moved the receipt and said "aren't you going to leave it for a tip?" At which point I said "not if you're going to try and steal it from me." As if you're not making enough money as the bartender at Amnesia... sheesh.

CanadaKid said:
I was pretty well forced last year at Cream to buy water since it was overcrowd beyond belief and honestly about 60 degrees celcius in Amnesia. It was 8 euros for the bottle and the girl hid my change under the receipt. When I asked her for my change, she moved the receipt and said "aren't you going to leave it for a tip?" At which point I said "not if you're going to try and steal it from me." As if you're not making enough money as the bartender at Amnesia... sheesh.
Exactly what happened to us last year, fortunately we caught onto this scam pretty quickly and didn't get too ripped off. I don't mind leaving tips in restaurants etc but it's not like Amnesia don't already make enough money from the rip off drinks and €2 isn't exactly small change either, it's about £1.50 I think?!

I'm suprised not many others have picked up on this Amnesia scam before. Although Amnesia is possibly my favourite club in Ibiza, I also think it has the least friendly bar staff and bouncers etc.

Amnesia was good solely because it was the legend that was Amnesia and I saw Paul Van Dyk for the first time there, and hopefully not the last. And the ice machine is wikkid!!! Other than that, the bouncers were pretty rude and the girls tried to steal my money. The club itself was ok, too busy to really enjoy the setup and stuff...

I normally always tip a euro or two, but when you try and scam it from me... that's absolute rubbish. Especially when 2 euros = 1000 dollars Canadian hahaha! Acutally, it's about $3.50 CAN which is quite a lot to me!

also quite a handy tip - though to be honest never tried this out clubbing, but works a treat when sailing in the med (wind, heat etc = lots of water loss)...

BUY DIORALYTE. (the stuff you take when you get the runs.... sure thing it tastes pretty horrible, but all it is is carefully balanced salts designed to assist in rapidly rehydrating you after a serious bout of lack of friction to the bowels.) not certain what the brand name is in Ibiza (I always stock up in Greece), but it's cheap as chips, comes in handy sachets, works as a hangover cure (and preventative too)..... Have used it post pilled up clubbing too, and f**k me - its good stuff..... Well worth a couple of quif from the chemist!

Can i just get all righteous and say that this is a very important post.

Last time i was in Ibiza, me and my brother were in Amnesia and we had 1000ptas (£4) between us, and needless to say we had taken a few 'night enhancing tablets'. We bought some water and it was gone very very quickly. I decided the only thing was to try and wet my mouth a bit by drinking the tap water. BIG MISTAKE!! lol. Not only was it very salty, but it was warm as well. I threw up in the bin in the toilet straight away lol.

Anyway we had to leave early and go back to our apartments so we could get a drink, and it pretty much cut the night short for us.

Always make sure you have enough cash for water, i think it is a f***ing scandal that these clubs, which know that a certain % of their clientele will be on drugs, should charge so much for water. I believe that the clubs dont actually care about the wellbeing of the clubbers by providing free water, or at least at a cheaper price.

I was at Creamfields in Dublin last year and was very impressed to see that they had water stations all around the place which were very easy to find and offered nice cold water for free. I think that by paying around £30 into these clubs they should at least have some consideration for their patrons safety.

Anyway rant over.

PS If you do run out of water, just cosy up to a nice girl and ask her for a drink of hers, then move onto someone else, worked for me last time lol.

The thing is, it's not just people on substances that need water!! If you're dancing for a few hours in a club that is like a furnace, you'll be needing water or at least something to drink.

I remember last year at Godskitchen Global Gathering the huge water stations they had set up. Very marvelous indeed! I'm not expecting any Ibizan club to provide free water, but at the very most charge 3-5 euros, especially for the size of those little bottles.

Back