Water in clubs

To those people who either live in ibiza or who have just returned: did the tap water in the clubs not taste any better? I was hoping that the improved water supply might mean that tap water was more acceptable, although I wouldn't be surprised if the clubs either turned them off or salted the water.

i'll say it again : water is now moree drinkable , but still tastes bad and doesnt quits the thristy feeling .
many people now refills the water bottles ( a thing that was impossible to imagine some months ago ) .
water in amnesia is now 8 euros , last year it was 6 . im sure its now more expensive because they know that they will sell less now ... and want to get some money from the people that still doesnt know the water of the taps is drinkable if you dont mind the little salty taste .
anyway , im worried of drinking it , because im sure its not very good for the stomach

Re: privilege water... safe to drink

dutchy said:
the water in privilege is safe to drink, went to manumission last monday and was filling my bottle up in the toilets... at the sink of course! anyway, none of us had any side effects and we're still here now!!! if you're wondering why i chanced this its cos we were out with a girl who works for cream who said it was safe and she was filling hers up too

Done the same myself the last 2 years when I went to Privilege with no probs either :D

bring that shit in!

I went to pacha last year, and I brought in my own 1/2 litre bottle of water I got for 1/2 a euro @ the gas station right before I went in. They didn't search my pocket, and I was able to ration it throughout the night.

Do they search you now?

8 Euros for a faffy little bottle of water in Pacha this year .... sip it slowly!

In pacha they used to do different size bottles at different bars, the glass ones were bigger than the little plastic ones, is this still the case?

Last year the glass ones were 330ml tiny ones too.

The fact that they didn't have tops to them so you ended up losing half of it just made it more ridiculous.

kitten's head said:
I took a sip from someones water in Space and it turned out to be liquid mdma.

Oh well!

yeah i had a sip of someones water in manumission last year,and def was not water!

NITEFLY said:
kitten's head said:

Oh well!

yeah i had a sip of someones water in manumission last year,and def was not water!

When people say liquid mdma it usually isnt, its usually GHB.

N8 said:
NITEFLY said:
kitten's head said:

Oh well!

THATS worrying

tip: becareful what and where and who your drinking with or off!!! :eek:

the prices are disgraceful - until someone passes out and probably dies on the dancefloor through overheating the clubs are going to do naff all about dropping the prices (you just wouldnt get away with this in the UK - the club would be shut down or H&S reasons) - cost me an extra £15 in Pacha last year to keep some poor young lad alive as he only had the cash for his entrance fee, his gear and maybe one drink - I felt so sorry for him...... The only thing I could ever say is the downside to clubbing on this fabulous island :(

Would never happen in the uk as the law states that clubs have to have free drinking water available.

This wont happen in ibiza because of a variety of political reasons :rolleyes:

N8 said:
NITEFLY said:
kitten's head said:

Oh well!

I think you're right. The guy was Spanish and I could only make out 'mdma' as I coughed and splutted on the dancefloor.

As someone else has mentioned, had I been driving back or just a non-drug taker it would've been pretty dangerous.

N8 said:
Would never happen in the uk as the law states that clubs have to have free drinking water available.

This wont happen in ibiza because of a variety of political reasons :rolleyes:

Yes, I don't think the Spanish government are too bothered about the welfare of clubbers.

The daft thing is, that even if you're not taking any drugs, because of the heat and the length of the clubs you still need to keep yourself hydrated, so there is no way around it.

It's very annoying. :evil:

drinking water in clubs

well if the Spanish laws are never gonna change in respect of drinking water in clubs I reckon I will just have to resign myself to the fact that my holiday is gonna cost me an arm and a leg cos I cant live with the thought that someone might pass out on me in Space/Pacha/Amnesia/Eden wherever.... just as I have peaked in a club!

Mind you, as I have managed to get on the guest lists for all clubs I could wishto go to on the Island - its a small price to pay - - there must be a place in heaven for me surely!!!

Re: drinking water in clubs

puppylover said:
Mind you, as I have managed to get on the guest lists for all clubs I could wishto go to on the Island - its a small price to pay - - there must be a place in heaven for me surely!!!

Nice one! How did you manage that?

Robo, tis a very interesting topic. I spent so much money on water last year that I'd welcome any hints and tips to avoid this but still say alive.

Back