Wasps

DanielR

Anyone else hate the things?? I'll admit I'm scared of them to the point I'll run away from them.

Today I was interviewing someone for a job, next thing I knew there was a wasp right in my face. I must've jumped about 5 feet in the air and ran away, meanwhile the poor girl was sitting there trying to keep her composure. I am now the subject of much ridicule at work.

They are pure evil.:twisted:

There are two of us in my office that don't like them and we have to get up and dance around when they come in and we get laughed at :lol: but I have been stung 4 times and it hurt, two of which were when I was standing perfectly still and didn't move at all and I still got stung! I hate the fact that they fly straight for your head, particularly ears, mouth, or worse up your skirt! We have two nests identified by our office, one outside our window.:(

Anyone else hate the things?? I'll admit I'm scared of them to the point I'll run away from them.

Today I was interviewing someone for a job, next thing I knew there was a wasp right in my face. I must've jumped about 5 feet in the air and ran away, meanwhile the poor girl was sitting there trying to keep her composure. I am now the subject of much ridicule at work.

I'm with you. Fcukin hate em

I have a reaction if I get stung by one, I swell up :oops::cry:

I have been stung unnecessarily before as well, one just fell in my hair, I went to move it and got stung not realising it was a wasp.

The other I swatted and it stung me, again not realising what it was.

Not nice.

Wasps are absolute bastards. I'm terrified of them to the point where I flap my arms about and sprint like a 5 year old girl at the slightest hint of a buzz. :cry:

My sympathies m8.

I am scared sh*tless of the horrible, evil, nasty, pointless buzzy things.

I feel really guilty as our little boy is going to develop the same phobia as me if I'm not careful. He keeps seeing me screaming and running round the garden like a girl when a wasp comes near :( I try and turn the scream and yelps into a song so he thinks I am playing a daft game:oops: I cannot think of anything right now that I hate more than wasps.

Bees are c*nts too.

I've got a nest of 'em under my kitchen windowsill (outside of course!)

I saw the queen the other day- it's an absolute beast! :eek:

tripped on a log in a wood once and went face-first into a wasp's nest...

dark scenes (not advised)

they were a real pain in the jacksy at the Big Chill this year too - to the point where the organisers hired pest control to try and find the nest, but to no avail...:rolleyes:

They are mini pikeys with wings....absolute cretinous bastadios. I am 34 years of age and 15 stone and I too throw random "everybody was kung fu fighting " shapes when under attack from these stripey sting monga buzz fecks.

The only time I brave it up is if one goes near my little girl....I change....its quite scary.:evil::evil::evil:

i like bees, they pollenate the world and make honey, i never kill bees

wasps on the other hand can get to ****

My sympathies m8.

I am scared sh*tless of the horrible, evil, nasty, pointless buzzy things.

I feel really guilty as our little boy is going to develop the same phobia as me if I'm not careful. He keeps seeing me screaming and running round the garden like a girl when a wasp comes near :( I try and turn the scream and yelps into a song so he thinks I am playing a daft game:oops: I cannot think of anything right now that I hate more than wasps.
:lol: :lol:

I hate wasps, Parents went on hols last year day after they left i found out we had a wasp nest in the porch of our house and somehow the wasps managed to get in to the insulation in the house wall and in to my bedroom was like a horror film when i opened my bedroom door on my return from work =( and found around a hundred wasps!!

i like bees, they pollenate the world and make honey, i never kill bees

wasps on the other hand can get to ****

:lol:

hear hear, stripey, stingy ba**ards!!!

trod on a nest of them when I was playing in woods near my grans when I was a nipper. Probably got about half a dozen stings on my legs, felt like 100's at the time!!
cried all the way back to her house, can remember sitting there, sobbing, legs covered in calamine!!!

got revenge though a few years later when i swatted one, didn't kill it just dazed it, then I impaled it on a pin and torched it with my mums ciggie lighter!!

which in hindsight was quite evil!! :eek:

I have always thought those guys who show off on tv by wearing a beard of wasps / bees are totally, completely and utterly stark raving mad!

£10,000,000 wouldn't even get close to persuading me to try this bizzare stunt!

I also get very bad swelling from wasp stings. I got stung by one on my lip about 10 years ago and it still plays up every now and then now. I'm afraid the next sting may kill me. Funny though unlike most my natural reaction when a wasp is near is to just freeze and that's the best thing to do anyway.

Are there many wasps in Ibiza this time of year?

Back