Warehouse Project..

anyone been since its opening?
i believe this is the final one at the Store St venue..

No but most of my mates went went over this weekend for Armin and Zabiela on the diff days.
Disappointed with alot of the lineups this year as so many are too similar with people given residencies this year.

It is the final one at Store St but rumours are rife it's going to be moving to a much larger venue out of town.

i went to the Visionquest gig last Sat (24th). was good as ever, but also as ever it gets too full (in my view). if they cut the capacity by even 150-200 it would make such a difference.

having said that, the production levels are as good as ever and it is a proper warehouse vibe which is decent.

I have tickets for the closing on NYD which is gonna be off the scale and there are another couple i may pop down to. Not sure i agree with the comment that the line ups are not as strong this year - people had residencies there last year too, and when Troxler is one of the residents that can't be a bad thing!!

It is 100% the last run of shows at Store St. What they have got planned for next year is insane if they pull it off...

I'm there NYD.

Agree generally it's a bit much, too many people there - prefer the more intimate sankeys thing.

However NYD will be massive 8)

rife it's going to be moving to a much larger venue out of town.

I have a mate who will 100% know but will 100% not tell me!

Will have to get him drunk.

Can't think warehouse project appropriate + massive + onemores 'insane' statement (and he's a good source, I can vouch for this ;)).

Got to be exposed brick kind of venue surely -

Wait there.....Jodrell Bank? Team behind the WHP did a gig there recently..?

I'm there NYD.

Agree generally it's a bit much, too many people there - prefer the more intimate sankeys thing.

However NYD will be massive 8)

the sankeys crowd, from recent reports, isn't the best however i believe?!?

NYD will be huge cos 99% will be there purely for the music/last ever one at store st, as opposed to going cos it is, in their view, the place to be seen in manchester....

I have a mate who will 100% know but will 100% not tell me!

Will have to get him drunk.

Can't think warehouse project appropriate + massive + onemores 'insane' statement (and he's a good source, I can vouch for this ;)).

Got to be exposed brick kind of venue surely -

Wait there.....Jodrell Bank? Team behind the WHP did a gig there recently..?

don't believe anything i say mate!

the sankeys crowd, from recent reports, isn't the best however i believe?!?

NYD will be huge cos 99% will be there purely for the music/last ever one at store st, as opposed to going cos it is, in their view, the place to be seen in manchester....

Yeah, the crowd can be a bit meh...like the worst kind of chav with sunglasses and a fan kind of gang.

Contrasting with the Roadhouse weekend before last, Idjut Boys crowd. No lights, no smoke, just a small dark room with top tunes. Now that's a better kind of crowd.

i've never been, going down too it for the BNR night a week friday, looking forward to seeing what the venue/space is like after hearing so many different things about it. (not really my pick of night to to be going too if im honest, mates birthday night out, have seen boys noize a good few times, enjoyable enough)

whats the afterparty venue like, south?
we are due to get train back to glasgow early saturday morning so may skip it and make sure we get the train back ok:p

i've never been, going down too it for the BNR night a week friday, looking forward to seeing what the venue/space is like after hearing so many different things about it. (not really my pick of night to to be going too if im honest, mates birthday night out, have seen boys noize a good few times, enjoyable enough)

whats the afterparty venue like, south?
we are due to get train back to glasgow early saturday morning so may skip it and make sure we get the train back ok:p

i haven't been to South for the WHP after party but went once years ago. was a good venue, if a little dodgy. but then i am a scouser in a late night manc after party venue!

I have tickets for the NYD one as well. Think i'll probably going to Gareth Emery on Boxing day too as last years was a good night.

It does get really busy towards the front of the main room but there is plenty of room to have a chill for a bit too if ones needed elsewhere.

I'm far from a fan of Sankeys these days but used to love the place. Half the time it's just full of students that don't have a clue and the atmosphere is poor.

The End of Store Street

After five incredible years beneath the streets, the last ever Warehouse Project event at Store Street will finish in the early hours of January 2, 2012. Within 48hrs all evidence that WHP ever existed in that space will be gone, nothing remaining to give any indication that hundreds of thousands of people passed through those doors.

The idea was always to keep things fresh. While The Warehouse Project certainly found its first proper home in this venue, it feels like when the curtain comes down on the 2011 series it will be time to shake things up again. Exactly how, where and when the WHP will return is not yet set, but one thing for sure is that this is The End of Store Street.

This last party will take the form of a seventeen-hour marathon taking us into 2012.

Thank you to everyone who has made it so special

there website

i haven't been to South for the WHP after party but went once years ago. was a good venue, if a little dodgy. but then i am a scouser in a late night manc after party venue!
:lol:

is most of the crowd at WHP manchester based or do they get quite a load of travelling clubbers too it? (dependent on the night ?)

:lol:

is most of the crowd at WHP manchester based or do they get quite a load of travelling clubbers too it? (dependent on the night ?)

at the WHP itself, i would say quite mixed to be honest.

obviously majority Manchester but quite a few students based in manc (and not mancunians) go. people travel as well......our group the other week was from Liverpool, Scotland, Birmingham and London!!

at the WHP itself, i would say quite mixed to be honest.

obviously majority Manchester but quite a few students based in manc (and not mancunians) go. people travel as well......our group the other week was from Liverpool, Scotland, Birmingham and London!!
well we will be a mix of glasgow, edinburgh & aberdeen (and a couple of welsh as well:lol::lol:) when we are down next friday

had a good night when we were down for the BNR night, place is just like the arches in glasgow, but crowd not as good to be honest...actually expected it to be bigger inside than it was.

funny the obsession with everyone doing poppers though:lol:

good laugh down on the train, 6.30am back wasn't as much fun though:)lol

might come back down for the NYE party depending on the lineup

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ostgut Ton night is the only one I'm bothering with as I missed out on NYD tickets and I'm pizzed as after attending last years NYD I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to go

Back