Walkingibiza's around the island walk 2014 - stivi's review

Just finished reading it there.....WOW! Sounds like a fantastic experience Stivi! Well done to you all, superb effort.

thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it! :)

here's some more now...

Closing thoughts

It's now already been 10 days since the walk has ended, but that relaxed feel and connectedness to both nature and Ibiza is still very present. I mean I always appreciated both, but it's stronger than ever now. I'm a very down to Earth person and not a very spiritual mind, but the trip around the island did certainly make me appreciate the simple things even more. The fact I was totally offline for the whole duration of the walk was the best thing I could do and if I'll ever repeat the walk, I'd do it the exact same way.

I imagine that I might have wet a few people's appetite to do this walk, so here are a few points...

DO THIS WALK IF...
- you have a normal fitness and can walk a good few hours a day (daily distances vary from 15 to max 30k)
- you can carry a backpack that weighs between 8 and 12kgs all the time
- you want to see Ibiza the most natural, roughest and also most beautiful way
- you want to see some of the most beautiful places of the island almost or completely deserted

DON'T DO THIS WALK IF...
- you have any persisting foot/knee/hip/back issues
- you have an issue with outdoor toilets ;)
- you can't live without luxury items. you'll be ditching anything you don't really need to have a backpack as lightweight as possible.
- you're a very fussy eater. of course the food can be customised up to a certain degree, but you'll have a better time if you're an 'eats everything'.

lastly, consider that you'll need to take a full two weeks off work. you definitely don't wanna rush back to normal life the day after the walk finishes.

anyone having any further questions about the walk feel free to ask here or via private message!

great review Stivi, loved reading it. Something i'd love to do, camped out a few times this year at Es Vedra and it really is something special being out in the wilderness staring up at the starlit sky cut off from mobile signals etc, then waking as the sun rises and hitting a deserted beach, going for an early morning swim. Sounds like an amazing experience of discovery round the whole coast, thanks for sharing :)

Stivi,

On their website they do a standard €1600 walk or a VIP €2400. Do you know what the difference is? I have asked them direct but no response so far.

Last edited:
I think they do two versions of it now? one sleeping in tents mostly and another one sleeping in fancy hotels etc. but wait until they get back to you with detail info

I think they do two versions of it now? one sleeping in tents mostly and another one sleeping in fancy hotels etc. but wait until they get back to you with detail info

I've just had a reply - they have ditched the 'fancy hotel' walk and now just focus on the camping.

on a similar note, just a few nights ago I finally escaped the crazy nightlife summer rhythm and went camping again...

just to reiterate, wild camping is illegal on the entire balearic archipelago, so whenever I do go I make sure

- I do it somewhere where no one ever will notice
- I never light a bonfire in the summer months
- I leave absolutely no trace and make sure the spot is at least as clean as before, if not cleaner

considering these points I honestly don't feel bad doing something that's basically not permitted. and it was an amazing night out in the nature, in the quiet. bliss!!

I would really like to do the walk around the island but getting together €3200 for the pair of us + flights and a night or two either side is going to be a struggle next year.

We may try our own version and book 4 - 6 diff places to stay out of season. Then spend our days doing walks using the secret walks books.

yeah I know it's not a cheap one this. various people have said they want to try it on their own which is fine of course, but with the one toby does, you can just rest assured you'll actually circumnavigate the island completely and everything is taken care of - you just need to walk, walk and walk :)

yeah I know it's not a cheap one this. various people have said they want to try it on their own which is fine of course, but with the one toby does, you can just rest assured you'll actually circumnavigate the island completely and everything is taken care of - you just need to walk, walk and walk :)

Also Tobys knowledge would be invaluable.

Back