Walking to Salinas?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to walk to Salinas from PDB (hoping to walk along the beach)? I don't mind if it's a bit of a hike, but is it possible "obstacle-wise" so that we still look normalish without bloody scratches & bruises if we ever arrive :)? How long would it take, approximately?

not cannot really walk along the beach.you need to walk inland then take the road to beach.google map ibiza.take you about 45 mins to an hour.anyway walk towards space from pdn.as though you going to airport.carry on untill you see an island.passed don toni hotel.turn right.up to the e20 road.be care its new now not much to walk on.but turn left till you get to another island.then your looking for the pm802 road.passed the salt lakes and airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just wondering if it's possible to walk to Salinas from PDB (hoping to walk along the beach)? I don't mind if it's a bit of a hike, but is it possible "obstacle-wise" so that we still look normalish without bloody scratches & bruises if we ever arrive :)? How long would it take, approximately?
I have a couple of maps that show walking routes in that area, footpaths and farm tracks etc,mostly staying offroad,comes with descriptive text and tips in a lovely plastic wallet.

The problem is I can't find it !! someone has tidied it away,will keep looking because I will be attempting this walk (and others) in august,is it madness ?

Thanks for the replies & info - sounds like a case of couple well-deserved drinks after walking to Salinas :). Don Simon let me know if you find it, you've got 2 weeks to tidy your house LOL.

well if don can find the map that would be best.i was just thinking of getting there quicker and safer thats all.next best thing would be to hire a push bike for the day.

Thanks for the replies & info - sounds like a case of couple well-deserved drinks after walking to Salinas :). Don Simon let me know if you find it, you've got 2 weeks to tidy your house LOL.
Only 2 weeks? It can't be done!
woody, my reason for walking to Salinas or werever I end up is to explore a bit,have a good look around,that sort of thing,it's all about the walk.
Anyway,with the info that I do have at the moment,trusty AA map and mini rough guide:
The guide describes the walk between PdB and Es Cavallet,takes about an hour and is 4km, goes past rocky coves and through forest,quite hilly but the route is easy to follow.
Carry on along the beach at EC to the southern end, 1km long,then just 10 minutes through the sand dunes to Salinas beach !
So probably about an hour and a half going this way.
Maybe get the bus back !

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk to Salinas

Catch the Bus from the top of PDB/St Jordi, get off at Tixedo s'market for Cavallets or stay on until it Ses Salines. Theres a place in PDB where you can hire a bike if you're feeling a bit fitter. 20 min ride to Salines. If you are really interested, turn off right at the supermarket for Cap D'es Falco. No beach but a nice bar/restaurant and views of the cliffs. Just something different. Cavallets is a better beach than Salines. The chiringuito (if it's still there) has good toilets and facilities.

Have fun.

Thorne

Catch the Bus from the top of PDB/St Jordi, get off at Tixedo s'market for Cavallets or stay on until it Ses Salines. Theres a place in PDB where you can hire a bike if you're feeling a bit fitter. 20 min ride to Salines. If you are really interested, turn off right at the supermarket for Cap D'es Falco. No beach but a nice bar/restaurant and views of the cliffs. Just something different. Cavallets is a better beach than Salines. The chiringuito (if it's still there) has good toilets and facilities.

Have fun.

Thorne

Thanks for the tip!

Back